Games On Demand

scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
Forum Member
Has any forum members bought any? I have bought quite a few arcade games off Xbox live but no on demand ones. This is mainly because I'd sooner have a physical product (disc) than a digital download plus they seem to cost more then the retail product.

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I've bought loads, I would say between 15-20. My most recent purchase was Burnout Revenge for £15 the other day. It's a reasonably rare game to find in shops and it's never cheap or in good condition. I find some of the game outrageously priced, but the majority are fair and some are even good value. I would rather own the physical product but the benefit of buying the game digitally is not having to switch disks.

The biggest problem I have with the service is disk space, I own a 320gb HDD which is the max size for a street legal 360 but like many other people it's soon filling up and I'm having to use USB sticks (feel greedy for saying that). I think MS either need to extent the 32gb limit to at least 64gb or offer a 500gb HDD at a cheap price since we are so late in the gen.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    The only one I've bought was Bully. I found the cost quite fair as even though its an old game, it's held it's price in the preowned market so it wasn't that much more expensive. Plus, in my experience, when I've bought preowned 360 games, they've had scratches etc so there's no danger of that happening with a digital copy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought quite a few, I don't mind paying over the odds for older games because they're still cheaper than when they were new :) that's how I look at it ! :D

Just bought Fable 2 last night, well pleased with it as well, beautiful looking game.

I wouldn't buy a new game over G.o.D, just not worth it.
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've bought a couple - Borderlands and Test Drive Unlimited 2. They were actually cheaper on Games on Demand than in my local second-hand games shop! I've had my money's worth out of them so if I lost access to them somehow, I wouldn't be too miffed.
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    I've bought loads, I would say between 15-20. My most recent purchase was Burnout Revenge for £15 the other day. It's a reasonably rare game to find in shops and it's never cheap or in good condition. I find some of the game outrageously priced, but the majority are fair and some are even good value. I would rather own the physical product but the benefit of buying the game digitally is not having to switch disks.

The biggest problem I have with the service is disk space, I own a 320gb HDD which is the max size for a street legal 360 but like many other people it's soon filling up and I'm having to use USB sticks (feel greedy for saying that). I think MS either need to extent the 32gb limit to at least 64gb or offer a 500gb HDD at a cheap price since we are so late in the gen.

Can you name some of them? I was going to buy crash mind over mutant as I had it on disc a few month ago but sold it for a good profit.
    Forum Member
    Can you name some of them? I was going to buy crash mind over mutant as I had it on disc a few month ago but sold it for a good profit.

Name some of the games I've bought? Sure.

Bully
    Driver San Francisco
    Darksiders
    Spec Ops: The Line
    DMC HD Colleciton
    Burnout Revenge
    Crysis
    Ghostbusters
    GTA San Andreas
    Battlefield Bad Company
    Darkstar One: Broken Aliance
    Resident Evil 4
    Resident Evil 5 (Gold ed)
    Stuntman Ignition
    Midnight Club LA
    Shadows of the Damned
    Transformers WFC
    Halo Reach
    COD Black Ops
    Dead Rising 2
    Skate 2
    Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing
    Far Cry Evolution
    Hitman Blood Money
    Left 4 Dead 2
    TDU2
    Metro 2033

I think that's all of them. Looks like a lot but that's over the years.
    Forum Member
    Was black ops expensive when you bought it?
    Forum Member
    £25 which is the max I'll ever spend on a digital game. Most of those are £15.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has any forum members bought any? I have bought quite a few arcade games off Xbox live but no on demand ones. This is mainly because I'd sooner have a physical product (disc) than a digital download plus they seem to cost more then the retail product.

I have and it's either because,

A) I wanted the game right then (never spent more that £25.00 on one though).

or

B) I'm drunk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't bought many on demand games.

Resi Evil 4
    Code X
    Burn out Paradise

Some of the on demand games cost far to much imo.
  • crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I have and it's either because,

A) I wanted the game right then (never spent more that £25.00 on one though).

or

B) I'm drunk.

This.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    Only ever bought one! That was Kameo, Just because it was only 300 (and something) MS points :p

99% of the games are WAY overpriced to me.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive bought one or two,but only when they have been on offer,my son once bought one full price(without telling me) i could have bought the disc for a lot less
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've bought a few

Saints row 2
    Borderlands
    Star Wars lego
    Bolt

Granted avatar was bought by my son
    Forum Member
    Some pretty awesome deals on GoD today, the most notable is SSX for £8.99. What a bargain that is.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SSX caught my eye too, now to find some HD space...
  • djpakredjpakre Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Bought ssx. Bargain.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Boooooooo!!!!! Missed out on SSX, it's back to £19.99 :(
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Boooooooo!!!!! Missed out on SSX, it's back to £19.99 :(

Don't worry, you didn't miss out on much. I bought it, played it, gave it a fair chance and then deleted it. Horrible game in pretty much every way possible. Nice one EA.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bully is the only one as the retail version was a lot more expensive. What a great game it was too.

I too prefer a physical copy of a game/dvd/cd etc.
    Forum Member
    My most recent purchase was Burnout Revenge for £15 the other day. It's a reasonably rare game to find in shops and it's never cheap or in good condition.

Suppose you saw it today in a shop in great condition for say a fiver. Would you buy it?