Comments

• T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    approach with caution as may contain spoilers:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Revenants_(TV_series)#Season_1

In the UK true, but season 1 aired in France last year

Thanks. Yes, I read some of that when I first heard about the show.
  • helen_whelen_w Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm really enjoying it - didn't think i would!

few questions re. ep2:

1. was the black water in the church anything to do with anything in particular? i don't remember whether we saw the payoff to that scene

2. is the guy who went to the farm place (and whacked his dad round the head) the serial killer? did the dog come back to life?!

3. the boy camille met outside the bar - was it the one who slept with lena on the day of the accident? surely he'd remember her and freak out
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    helen_w wrote: »
    i'm really enjoying it - didn't think i would!

few questions re. ep2:

1. was the black water in the church anything to do with anything in particular? i don't remember whether we saw the payoff to that scene

2. is the guy who went to the farm place (and whacked his dad round the head) the serial killer? did the dog come back to life?!

3. the boy camille met outside the bar - was it the one who slept with lena on the day of the accident? surely he'd remember her and freak out

1) Im thinking the water has something to do with the water level sinking in the dam.......

2) yes, although its his brother, not his dad - it was a wolf and yes, it came back to life athough the brother shot it dead

3) I dont think so - I think the guy Lena slept with is the guy with the short hair that she was playing pool with - not sure tho
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I posted in the other thread after ep. one - in the title sequence there is a shot of the dam with a big crack in it. When Camille first stumbles toward home we see the dam is directly upstream of the village. The title sequence shows drowned woodland animals. Now there is the dirty water coming out of the sink and the water level in the dam is falling ever faster.
    I think the dam has burst, killing everyone in the village, but they don't actually realise they are dead - the people they percieve as coming back to life are those who died prior and are now visible to them.

Must admit though I'm not sure why the dam workers can see the water level dropping but not see the dam is burst, nor why their boss orders them to keep it quiet so maybe I'm talking out of my derrière:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the other thread is here

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1809216

just incase you were curious - in TV shows: UK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the episodes are on youtube, good quality, and subtitles :)
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    All of the episodes are on youtube, good quality, and subtitles :)

After enjoying the first episode I gave in to temptation and watched the rest over the weekend. Trouble now is that there's no thread to discuss the whole series. :p Have to wait until everyone else has caught up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After enjoying the first episode I gave in to temptation and watched the rest over the weekend. Trouble now is that there's no thread to discuss the whole series. :p Have to wait until everyone else has caught up.

Im so tempted to watch on Youtube but Im going to be good and resist because its something to look forward to on a sunday night :D
  • CasmanaCasmana Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has everyone stopped commenting?
    I'm not looking at spoilers, beats me why some do :confused: