Melanie is a cert to get through

CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Louis was crying he will fight tooth and nail to put her through,

Don't think she should as this is her fourth year now. Yes she was alright but to me if she gets through then just cant say that the others are up to much, as she didn't make it all those other times.

If she was that great she would have done. Oh well

Comments

• jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would'nt say that. She has a chance, but no more than that.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't know about cert but she definitely has a chance... her being a returnee, we easily forget that she's only 19 and just developing her identity and style all these years... hence the chance of actually being better now than the year before, and the potential of finally finding a style that will work for her with some help from XF's professional vocal coaches...
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's nailed on for the live shows. It would make absolutely no sense to prominently feature her return and then boot her off the show yet again : that would be a non story and non event and most viewers would be wondering why she had been shown at all this year.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,121
    Forum Member
    They should give her a chance - we don't yet know how she'll fare on the live shows.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I hope so I really do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's definitely been my favourite of the auditions so far so I really hope that Melanie does get to the lives.
  • ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Eurostar said, I think she could be one of Nicole's top 3 girls. I mean it would be abit strange to give her alot of airplay for nothing. It would be pointless! Judging by stuff have read in papers/online it looks like she's going to be heavily shown again tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ItsBrooke wrote: »
    Like Eurostar said, I think she could be one of Nicole's top 3 girls. I mean it would be abit strange to give her alot of airplay for nothing. It would be pointless! Judging by stuff have read in papers/online it looks like she's going to be heavily shown again tonight.

And sending her home yet again would have zero entertainment value. Most people would be asking "Why was she even shown this year if they had no intention of putting her through?", especially as this is the third year in a row they've featured her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    And sending her home yet again would have zero entertainment value. Most people would be asking "Why was she even shown this year if they had no intention of putting her through?", especially as this is the third year in a row they've featured her.

Are they only picking 3 out of the 6? is there no wildcard or 4th pick? i personally think she is a safe bet cos she will not mess up like Tamera could.. as she did not handle pressure too well in both her auditions..so far.. and i think she is better singer than the others.. so i would say she is a safe bet...
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I posted this on a different thread..

Something is different about her this year though. Her image has completely changed, she dresses much simpler. I think they're going with the whole 'So many rejections in the past has left her tarnished but this will be her year' angle. Notice how last night at the end of her audition they showed Gary saying 'It's her talent that'll get her through...'
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is in the lives. all the coverage tonight before she even sings
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a sneaky suspicion that she was probably "invited" to audition this year with an almost guarantee that she'd make the cut for lives.
    I just don't think she'd put herself through it again otherwise
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the coverage may back fire on her, the voters dont seem to like a winner being set up for them.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I think the coverage may back fire on her, the voters dont seem to like a winner being set up for them.

i don't see that...

for me, everyone's VT is a set up.... tamera, hannah, abi, sam...
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's clearly indicated by the amount of coverage that has been shown on her so yes she's looks a dead cert for the live show but I'm not sure if she'll win the whole thing though. In every auditions she did in the last 3 times she has been on XF were all ballads far as I remember
  • xfactorisgr8xfactorisgr8 Posts: 20,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think shes a definite.
    Jade Richards must already feel defeated before shes even gone to judges houses.. its obvious only one of them will get through
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »

Though Tamera Foster got even more coverage last week. Her segment on the Sunday show lasted an incredible eleven minutes.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    She & Jade both have the same narrative, so only one of them (if any) will make the finals. Based on the edit, things are looking better for Melanie, but I wouldn't rule out a bluff with Melanie being a surprise boot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    I am 99.9% sure Melanie will be in the live finals this year.

She wouldn't have gone back without VERY good reason. An almost guaranteed pass to the finals.

The judges have made it clear who this years comeback kid is.

Now here is what I believe to be an important point, Melanie is Irish and if she does get through to the finals, which I strongly believe she will, they wont be able to easily get her out of the competition and they will already know that, which leads me to believe Melanie is perhaps this years current choice A.

I have a feeling she's going to go all the way and win this.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Many said that Janet Devlin would go all the way and win. I think Melanie will be at the lives for sure. She has the voice and the looks plus a good non-grating personality.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I am 99.9% sure Melanie will be in the live finals this year.

She wouldn't have gone back without VERY good reason. An almost guaranteed pass to the finals.

The judges have made it clear who this years comeback kid is.

Now here is what I believe to be an important point, Melanie is Irish and if she does get through to the finals, which I strongly believe she will, they wont be able to easily get her out of the competition and they will already know that, which leads me to believe Melanie is perhaps this years current choice A.

Nah I still think the real winner hasn't been shown yet. We've got two more audition rounds, I suspect our winner will show up soon. Melanie I doubt is the producer's current choice A - she still has no distinct style and is only technically really good, Janet last year at least had a unique voice. Melanie has nothing special about her.
  • Paul_Howard1Paul_Howard1 Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She might make it to the live finals . But she's never going to win .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she makes the lives she is the sort of contestant that does well on this show (not pigeon holed, tied to one genre). I have a feeling we have not seen the best of her either, remember she must have been self doubting and nervous in the first two auditions and still did a good job, if she starts to believe in herself she has the talent to improve immensely (IMO).
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant see her finishing higher than 10th TBH.
  • ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant see her finishing higher than 10th TBH.

I see you didn't take my advise and get out the house more you sad little person its a shame :rolleyes: