✭✭✭✭
    I just seen them on This Week...............:p
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I just seen them on This Week...............:p

:D:D:D

OP is flustered!

I didn't think I'd ever see Alan Johnson debating immigration policy with The Cheeky Girls. They were actually quite articulate, to be fair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »

OP is flustered!

I didn't think I'd ever see Alan Johnson debating immigration policy with The Cheeky Girls. They were actually quite articulate, to be fair.

Not flustered. Just surprised.

They were quite articulate. Just all a bit surreal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to have a conversation with them about a living wage and how cutting welfare even more when the lowest paid in work and out of work families are barely managing is not the right idea. They were right about fixing the system instead of this government blaming immigration.

I do love them though... especially some of their lesser known stuff. :D
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've been on before, and so has Nigel Kennedy. I don't know what the show is coming to. Once again Kennedy seemed a bit simple.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OP is flustered!

They are more than a match for him, 'Mr, I don't lose sleep over 70 million'. :D

Michael is such a liberal nowadays, as well!
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

OP is flustered!

Well they are immigrants after all.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to have a conversation with them about a living wage and how cutting welfare even more when the lowest paid in work and out of work families are barely managing is not the right idea. They were right about fixing the system instead of this government blaming immigration.

I do love them though... especially some of their lesser known stuff. :D

I think the government blame people to drum up public support for fixing the system, the only problem is, when you sign foreign treaties, it makes fulfilling the voters wishes that bit harder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    They've been on before, and so has Nigel Kennedy. I don't know what the show is coming to. Once again Kennedy seemed a bit simple.

I thought they did very well and I did find it a little amusing that they wanted to giggle, tried to hold it back but still gave semi nervous giggles.
    They are clearly intelligent hard working girls. Well done to the show for having them.

As for Kennedy, I think you are mixing 'simple' up with 'eccentric.'
    He's an intelligent gifted man.

More than can be said for many here.
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...What's next week? The Scottish Independence debate with the Krankies? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rusty123 wrote: »

If they have an opinion then why not? :confused:
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    River 07 wrote: »
    I thought they did very well and I did find it a little amusing that they wanted to giggle, tried to hold it back but still gave semi nervous giggles..

There a lovely moment when Michael was talking and said something like 'Monica was quite right in her film...........'

The girls turned to each other and giggled as though they'd had a pat on the head and been given a chocolate by the headmaster.............:D
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

.........well, at least we'd know what sort of party there'd be at Annabel's after the show................:eek:
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    .........well, at least we'd know what sort of party there'd be at Annabel's after the show................:eek:

:D:D:D:D
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once again Kennedy seemed a bit simple.

It is that Mockney accent he is forced to use, it's rotting his brain. If only he as able to use his normal RP voice again, he would be fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River 07 wrote: »
    If they have an opinion then why not? :confused:

Of course they're entitled to an opinion - I just don't get why anyone would think that we, the public, give a toss what that opinion might be.
  • goldenhairgoldenhair Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

never quite sure if he's had a bit of coke before he speaks or if he's naturally a bit off beam!.
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    They (the Irimias) both speak 3 languages, and have studied gymnastics and ballet and toured with the Hungarian National Opera, so they probably don't exactly count as stupid, do they?
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn missed it!
  • guypdguypd Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riceuten wrote: »
    They (the Irimias)...have...toured with the Hungarian National Opera

In what role??
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    guypd wrote: »
    In what role??
    As ballet dancers or singers, one would presume. Some operas have dancing in them.

And you don't tend to meet thick/chavvy ballet dancers, do you ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riceuten wrote: »
    They (the Irimias) both speak 3 languages, and have studied gymnastics and ballet and toured with the Hungarian National Opera, so they probably don't exactly count as stupid, do they?

No-one accused them of being stupid. No-one is accusing them of being rocket scientists either.

What I'm saying is that I'm as interested in hearing the Irimia twins opinion on UK immigration as I am Peter Beardsley's opinion on the Qatar world cup bid, ie not in the slightest.

Just because two are foreign born and the other an ex footballer doesn't make their opinions any more valid than yours or mine. What's the point?
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not only were they on, they had a clear understanding of what gives, I thought.