Samsung TV that Flickers

i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just bought a F6500 series 6 Samsung smart TV but i just can not get the settings just right.

for some reason when there are fast moving pictures on screen i get a flicker and i can not seem to stop it from doing it.

i have all the energy saving settings on it turned off like dimming and the Eco sensor but it still does it.

is that a know problem with LED TV,s or is it something to do with the settings.

it seems to do it when it goes from one picture to another picture on screen.

i have changed the HDMI cable and its not that as still does it.

we have a Virgin media box but dont think its that.

any ideas please.

Comments

• TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love sky wrote: »
    I have just bought a F6500 series 6 Samsung smart TV but i just can not get the settings just right.

for some reason when there are fast moving pictures on screen i get a flicker and i can not seem to stop it from doing it.

i have all the energy saving settings on it turned off like dimming and the Eco sensor but it still does it.

is that a know problem with LED TV,s or is it something to do with the settings.

i have changed the HDMI cable and its not that as still does it.

we have a Virgin media box but dont think its that.

any ideas please.

Does it happen with the TV tuner?
    Have you tried a DVD?
    if it happens with those as well its the TV, if DVD is OK it may be your VM box.
  • i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiexen wrote: »
    Does it happen with the TV tuner?
    Have you tried a DVD?
    if it happens with those as well its the TV, if DVD is OK it may be your VM box.

Dont have a DVD player so cant check that but i have used the Netflix App on it and wife said it didnt seem to do it so think you are right about VM box but dont think they will change it.

i will think they will say its the TV.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,429
    Forum Member
    Dont have a DVD player so cant check that but i have used the Netflix App on it and wife said it didnt seem to do it so think you are right about VM box but dont think they will change it.

i will think they will say its the TV.

As long as you can prove it's OK on other sources then they should replace the box no problem, after all it's what you pay rental on it for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as you can prove it's OK on other sources then they should replace the box no problem, after all it's what you pay rental on it for.

i will get hold of a DVD player and see what that is like.

here are some of the settings that i have set tv up as so are these right?

Dynamic contrast Low
    black tone off
    Motion lighting off
    Digital clean view off
    MPEG noise filter off
    film mode off
    motion plus off
    black optimiser off
    LED clear motion off
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    -snip-

Hi i love Sky.

My friend had a Samsung and sent it back for something that sounds similar.

Do you mean when the picture changes (cuts during a scene) it is as if the Tv cant keep up with and it looks like leaves a flicker of the previous scene for a second.

I do know my friend sent his back, not sure if he manged to fix the problem before he did though.

If it is that you are seeing I'll text him later for you if you would like, to find out if he ever sorted it out..

I remember him saying it also had terrible blurring on it. (not motion blur)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi i love Sky.

My friend had a Samsung and sent it back for something that sounds similar.

Do you mean when the picture changes (cuts during a scene) it is as if the Tv cant keep up with and it looks like leaves a flicker of the previous scene for a second.

I do know my friend sent his back, not sure if he manged to fix the problem before he did though.

If it is that you are seeing I'll text him later for you if you would like, to find out if he ever sorted it out..

I remember him saying it also had terrible blurring on it. (not motion blur)

Hi there

yes it sounds just like what your friend had problems with and if you could ask him for me that would be helpful.
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Hi sky.

Sorry about the late reply, work and all that.

My friends TV was a Samsung F7000 but it does sound like the exact problem you have.

Unfortunately he could not fix it at all I'm afraid, even with all the additional booster settings and such off. It was as if the picture was lagging behind, only for a few milliseconds but it was enough to be a serious distraction. It was even worse on Blu Rays and DVD so it won't be your Sat box or the sat signal you are receiving. He did scour the net for solutions but could not find anyone else with the problem.

He said he sent the TV back and decided on a different brand in the end.

Sorry he didn't have a solution for you, but it does sound like a problem with your TV.

He also said the motion blur was extremely juddery and inconsistent, even with different settings designed to combat it.

It sounds like you have a bit if a duff panel.

Again sorry he didn't have a solution.

maybe get In touch with Samsung themselves and see what they say.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a EH6030 recently, good price. Reviews mentioned problems with fast action movement, like football. Occasionally, i can see something happen, but not enough to worry about.

I imagine its a combination of the screen refresh rate and persistence of the phosphor dots (or whatever it is nowadays).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi sky.

Sorry about the late reply, work and all that.

My friends TV was a Samsung F7000 but it does sound like the exact problem you have.

Unfortunately he could not fix it at all I'm afraid, even with all the additional booster settings and such off. It was as if the picture was lagging behind, only for a few milliseconds but it was enough to be a serious distraction. It was even worse on Blu Rays and DVD so it won't be your Sat box or the sat signal you are receiving. He did scour the net for solutions but could not find anyone else with the problem.

He said he sent the TV back and decided on a different brand in the end.

Sorry he didn't have a solution for you, but it does sound like a problem with your TV.

He also said the motion blur was extremely juddery and inconsistent, even with different settings designed to combat it.

It sounds like you have a bit if a duff panel.

Again sorry he didn't have a solution.

maybe get In touch with Samsung themselves and see what they say.

Many thanks for asking your friend.

i also looked on google and could not find much about it so maybe does not affect many people.

will see how it goes over the next week and then see what i will do but have to say tonight its not been too bad.