If any, which shopping channel on Freeview is actually decent?

drummerboyXDdrummerboyXD Posts: 6
Forum Member
I know many people here complain about the shopping channels on Freeview being a waste of space, but if all of the shopping channels but one were removed from Freeview, which would you keep? Personally, I would keep QVC only. :)

Comments

• WendoleneWendolene Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    My other half is 'addicted' to QVC. Of all the shopping channels available, this one does appear to be the most professional.

I have been known to watch some of the HiTec sales pitches, then gone on-line and found it cheaper elsewhere.

I swear that they could put a turd in a box and put a bow on it and someone would buy it!
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QVC is an established, reputable company and my wife has bought a couple of things from them in the past. As long as you check their prices against competitors, taking P&P into account, no problem. I can't imagine buying anything from any of the others.
  • lbearlbear Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The greatest contribution these channels make to Freeview is the possibility of the presenters making huge mistakes live. I happened to flick past one of the BidTV channels last night to discover the two women presenters incapacitated with laughter over the double ententres they were inadvertently making about a garden hose. Riveting stuff!!
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »
    QVC is an established, reputable company and my wife has bought a couple of things from them in the past. As long as you check their prices against competitors, taking P&P into account, no problem. I can't imagine buying anything from any of the others.

Although I've not used this or any other shopping channel, QVC do come across as a reputable organisation. This contrasts with Ideal World which knowingly sells consumer goods such as android tablets that have poor customer feeback, i.e. the goods are tat and, in my view, that's completely unprofessional. As for the others, they're dregs and I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole - better to shop at John Lewis or Argos online.
  • POLO 1POLO 1 Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    Without any doubt, the best shopping channel is QVC. You have a 30-day money back guarantee, the call centre - based in Liverpool - is free to call and the staff are always polite & helpful. I have ordered many things from QVC & would recommend them to anyone.
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least the main shopping channels on DTT have some level of presentation. It could be worse with the infomercials on a loop variety.
  • zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argos TV but I also watch JML on The Zone and Marketplace.
  • wakeywakey Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wendolene wrote: »

I have been known to watch some of the HiTec sales pitches, then gone on-line and found it cheaper elsewhere.

I swear that they could put a turd in a box and put a bow on it and someone would buy it!

The problem with the 'find it cheaper' online aspect when it comes to QVC especially when it comes to tech is that while it can often be found cheaper elsewhere its not always the exact same 'product' as you often throw in extas and to purchase these extras online would see the total price increase above QVCs price. So you have to take into account these added extras as for some people they are things they would go out and buy anyway.

For example I bought a Dell Laptop from the a few years ago. Was £50 cheaper from dell and other dell resellers but for the extra £50 QVC added a memory upgrade, a travel case, mouse/keyboard and most impressively an upgrade from 1 yr RTB support to 3 year In home support. The Support upgrade was worth the money alone and actually saved me alot of time and hassle as I had issues with it on 4 occasions (mainly to due with the faulty Nvidea GPU) as the technician came out next day to replace parts rather than me having to bundle it send it back and wait a week to have it returned