Katherine Jenkins Why does she attract such negative press

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I dislike her, but I she does get on my nerves. She hasn't got the best voice, it's good but not brilliant. Her looks have helped her out a lot.l She turns up to the opening of an envelope aswell which is annoying. She's getting loads of money off the back of it though, can't say I wouldn't do the same if I was her
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found her inoffensive personally. I can think of other celebrities and singers who irritate me more than she does.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I don't know what it is. It isn't jealousy as someone above mentioned Charlize Theron who is far more beautiful (IMO) and talented and noone 'hates' her.

I think its the fact she is too self promoting. I liked her when she just did her singing and a few TV shows. But then she branched out into America and appeared on Dancing With the Stars and she was in the press too much. If she had just appeared on the show, then fine. But she was photographed constantly, and im sure someone tips them off. It was to get her profile in the states bigger.

Then she did a show about singing and dancing like she was a professional dancer, which she isn't. You don't see Gabby Logan dancing and prancing about on stage in next to nothing after her time on the BBC version. It was all very me, me, me. Aren't I a good singer, aren't I a good dancer, aren't i wonderful.

Plus, she seems to turn up at everything and anything in a revealing frock and her over made up face.

And then the Beckham thing sealed her fate.

100% agree, spot on :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »

Plus, she seems to turn up at everything and anything

she's like Emeli Sande but with a less pleasant voice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know she is popera, so her voice shouldn't come under as much scrutiny as the true professionals, but even as a crossover artist,I have always found her voice very meh. The Beckham thing was just odd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she is popera, so her voice shouldn't come under as much scrutiny as the true professionals, but even as a crossover artist,I have always found her voice very meh. The Beckham thing was just odd.

I don't like her voice at all ... she seems to out bellow and out gurn anyone she duets with
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I don't like her voice at all ... she seems to out bellow and out gurn anyone she duets with

I can't stand her voice or her personality. Very pretty, but very much aware of it too, and that in itself is an unattractive quality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »

:D

I've never understood why she has become a household name, the way she sings has always come across as very cold and contrived (to me anyway). I think she attracts a lot of negativity because she thinks she is far better then she actually is, that combined with turning up to the opening of an envelope is what gets on peoples nerves.
  • MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    as for this latest situation with her attending the thatcher funeral, she was invited and merely accepted an invitation issued to her by downing street. it is believed, katherine met the baroness due to their charity work for the armed forces. whether her attire was appropriate is debatable, some angles seem to expose more flesh, while front on pictures don't seem to look quite so bad.
    The DM slates her for having an inappropriate low cleavage at Maggies Funeral, then in the comments some slam her for betraying the Welsh miners and others slam here for being stuck up stating;

" cant stand the woman and yes much to low for a funeral,spoke to someone once who knew her and said she is a nightmare to work with,all me me me and thinks she is royalty herself!!! "

Maggie's Funeral, eh? She went to Maggie's funeral. :eek: She hadn't got a bad rep before, but she can sure as hell expect to get one now!!! :cool:
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunno but in the operatic world she is not very highly regarded. As my dad calls it, Popera.

A friend of mine who's a professional opera singer really isn't very keen on Miss Jenkins
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems to just 'turn up' anywhere and everywhere lately. She's got herself ingratiated with the Royals, although I'm not sure how she bagged an invite to the funeral.

The Beckham 'claims' that nobody actually heard of, except for her, seemingly, were embarrassing.

I think there's a touch of 'it's all about me' going on there.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Because she's a pain in the arse.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katherine Jenkins Why does she attract such negative press?

I think it may be because she has something of a Stepford Wife feel about her.
    Something about her public personality appears a bit too media-trained and formally artificial. As though she's working hard at all times when in public to present a media friendly version of herself.

She may be very good to know in person, but it just comes across that way to me when I see her public persona.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand her voice or her personality. Very pretty, but very much aware of it too, and that in itself is an unattractive quality.

Spot ON, however I think she is in danger of loosing her prettiness under a mask of thick foundation and over processed hair. She was way prettier when she didn't try so hard.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    She seems to just 'turn up' anywhere and everywhere lately. She's got herself ingratiated with the Royals, although I'm not sure how she bagged an invite to the funeral.

The Beckham 'claims' that nobody actually heard of, except for her, seemingly, were embarrassing.

I think there's a touch of 'it's all about me' going on there.

I cant remember when it was but when she sang for the Queen, the Queen looked really fed up with her and rightfully so.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    She's a very pretty girl in her own way and her voice is very distinctive but distinctive in not a very attractive way. I am no expert on the singing human voice but I know what I like and find her strange mezzo vibrato very odd and irritating.
    I can just about tolerate Lesley Garrett but Russell Watson, Katherine Jenkins and other cross-over warblers, definitely not.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her first manager who got her into the big league, did a hatchet job on what she was really like. After she dumped him.

Rumours of her screaming at assistants etc and behaving like a total diva if a hair was out of place.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    She's female.

Pretty much. She's female, pretty and talented - enough said.

Whether you think she has a great voice is kind of irrelevant, as she's still better than most famous singers nowadays. I can understand how the nicey nicey image annoys some, but she attracts far too much hate when she's really done nothing to deserve it.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »

Whether you think she has a great voice is kind of irrelevant, as she's still better than most famous singers nowadays. I can understand how the nicey nicey image annoys some, but she attracts far too much hate when she's really done nothing to deserve it.
    Yet there's posts from people saying she's not nice to work with. I know people who've performed on the same programme as her and her behaviour around other people left a lot to be desired.

The nicey nicey image is just that. An image.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Yet there's posts from people saying she's not nice to work with. I know people who've performed on the same programme as her and her behaviour around other people left a lot to be desired.

The nicey nicey image is just that. An image.

All gossip and rumour. There's a negative story about virtually every celeb.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All gossip and rumour. There's a negative story about virtually every celeb.
    My story comes from someone who had first hand experience of her, yet had no axe to grind, or anything to gain personally from telling me how rude she was to people she believed were beneath her.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member

How do you classify 'famous singers'? Better than those on the X-Factor, The Voice etc?
    With whom are you comparing her? Angela Gheorghiu, Anna Netrebko, Rene Fleming etc. or female pop singers?
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    It's because she's Welsh. Many English people are notoriously anti-Welsh. Just look at Neil Kinnock and the way the press went after him for being Welsh, largely contributing to his election loss.

Most hilarious post of the week. I just love Welsh paranoia!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yorkie47 wrote: »
    Most hilarious post of the week. I just love Welsh paranoia!

Is Freeman000 Anne Robinson perhaps? :D;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she's their at the opening of a fridge. I was reading the paper and seen her at Maggie Thatchers funeral and thought 'What are you doing there?!'

Absolute fame-**** who'll do anything to get in the press whether it be good or bad.