Amelia Lily is now being subbed by radio (+ At least K-Row still cares for her acts)

Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.*******************/x-factor/x-factors-amelia-lily-addresses-radio-snubs-reveals-kelly-rowland-recently-took-her-to-dinner/

DS is blocking the link for some reason, but here's what she said:

On radio snubs:
"Radio always change who they wanna add or whatever, but I kinda just am grateful of the position I’m in. I’ve got a great team who do their best, and my fans are amazing as well. As long as people like the song, that’s all I’m bothered about. If it’s played on radio, amazing, but it’s just amazing to be even played anywhere, you know?”

On Kelly Rowland:
“I really learned a lot from her. What was nice was she actually bonded with me behind all the cameras and everything. She took me out for dinner with her and her manager, and that was really nice. I think that not all the judges in the past have done that, apparently. So that for me was really lovely. She’s been in the industry for 18 years, she knows what she’s talking about. She’s a true businesswoman. She’s good.”

Comments

• achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn. Even Simon doesn't go out for dinner with his acts.
    And Louis, Tulisa probably deleted their numbers.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Ms Rowland is just the best! How can people say anything negative about her?
  • jacqueline_greejacqueline_gree Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ms Rowland is just the best! How can people say anything negative about her?

She's black. Controversial but there must be some u feeling reason for the vile hatred a select few have spewed about her. I'm not playing the race card but I know and have experienced it. I can tell when someone has genuine dislike for a person or just general conceited hatred.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    achro wrote: »
    Damn. Even Simon doesn't go out for dinner with his acts.
    And Louis, Tulisa probably deleted their numbers.

From what I've seen, Tulisa is probably the closest to her acts out of all the judges we've had.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's black. Controversial but there must be some u feeling reason for the vile hatred a select few have spewed about her. I'm not playing the race card but I know and have experienced it. I can tell when someone has genuine dislike for a person or just general conceited hatred.

Tulisa gets far worse hatred than I ever saw Kelly get and she's not black. Some people just like to be negative and I don't think it has anything to do with colour.
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Tulisa has Little Mix round for dinner and goes out with them so it's not like Kelly's the only one whose stayed in contact with an act. (doubt she's in touch with the rest of her acts though)
    Kelly still tweets when Amelia and Misha have singles out too which is nice, I wonder if she'll do the same for Janet.
    Oh and Nicole has obviously been in the studio with Jahmene and stayed in touch with all 3 of her boys so far.

Also I think Dannii is actually the best for keeping in touch with contestants. Matt and Aiden have both said in interviews she still calls and texts them and Ruth said in a recent interview they go out together etc and she was on the show 5 years ago.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    Tulisa gets far worse hatred than I ever saw Kelly get and she's not black. Some people just like to be negative and I don't think it has anything to do with colour.

Thank you! So sick of people implying that because I and others didn't like Kelly as an XF judge, it had anything to do with being racist. I didn't like her because she was insincere and on auto-pilot half the time. I disliked Tulisa this series for exactly the same reason. Nothing to do with race. Everything to do with judges being paid an obscene amount and then not doing a particularly great job.