new theory re clara

adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is quite a theory - it's somewhat far-fetched but also, weirdly, it actually works....

http://who-lligan.tumblr.com/post/47304596201/my-theory-on-clara-updated-april-8th

What do you think?

Comments

• Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting a little sad that because everyone is making theory's that when the truth is revealed nobody will be happy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually quite like that!
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not my theory, I just thought I'd pass it on!
    I agree with you Sora - there's absolutely no way the creators of of all these amazing theories will be happy with the final story.
    But some of these theories are incredibly complex and have taken a huge amount of thought haven't they? They're fun to read, but don't be disappointed if, or rather when, they don't come true...
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the theory goes this has to be my favourite
  • BlackTarantulaBlackTarantula Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I really like this theory but I thought the Clara mystery was to be cleared up by the end of series 7, which Rose is not supposed to feature in at all... Or will she have a surprise appearance before the 50th...?

Also, Jack not appearing in the 50th will be awkward if this theory is correct, since he's sort of bound up in it. Still hoping he shows up in the series 7 finale though, which the crew seem to be effortlessly keeping under wraps...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's even more evidence. I was just about to post my analysis of the Clara mystery. Here it is....

Let me introduce a concept of colour coding for clues. Many visual metaphors and clues in DW are colour coded to help highlight and group them together. For example a combination of pastel pink and grey is used to highlight general Silence clues and metaphors, first established in the SJAs for different forms of silence and seen most prominently in The Lodger and Closing Time.

Clara is being heavily associated with the purple colour code.
    We saw in the run-up to The Snowmen, the DW site and advent calender go purple, a purple outfit for the Doctor, Clara’s scarlet dress dulled to purple in the nighttime scenes. Clara quizzed in front of Vastra’s purple flowers. It couldn’t be more purple, continued in Clara’s purple outfit for The Bells of St. John.

The purple colour code foreshadowing is something I posted about last year after Closing Time.
    Look how the opening of Closing Time resembled the opening of ‘Rose’; someone staying behind in the shop at the last minute to look for another member of staff. The saleswomen are associated with purple clothing in the pre-titles sequence. At the end, the little girl with a purple rose in her hair wearing sheepskin (a wolf in sheep’s clothing) standing next to look a likes of little Mickey and little Jackie Tyler. The TWtWatD Xmas Special we had a blue-eyed blonde wearing purple pulling a gun hidden by wearing wool.

In Series 5 we had purple outfits for Rosanna and Ambrose, Ambrose wearing a shiny heart (of the Tardis) pendant, surname Northover (opposite of Southerndown, the Badwolf Bay beach) and her grandmother’s grave, Gladys Powell (estate).

Series 7 examples include blue-eyed blonde Kate Stewart dressed as the Tardis in the TPo3 hospital scenes, as a woman in purple walks past in the background. Tardis blue jacket, white blouse and black scarf with white dots to symbolise the ‘Police Public Call Box’ top. What a lovely kiss she gave the Doctor.

CIN night, Jenna introduced under a purple coathanger. What about Xmas ?

Clara, the red dress dulled to purple, the Tardis blue ladder superimposed over her in the same proportions to the Tardis, her hand in Badwolf’s “I see every single atom of your existence and I divide them.” pose.http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/joanneO7x/media/Xmas%20Trailer%20CIN%2016-11-12/PDVD_046.jpg.html

We first meet Clara in the Rose & Crown, and a companion moonlighting as a tavern wench I’ll leave to your imagination. There’s an emphasis on Clara’s handgrab similar to the embankment scene in Rose.

And then there’s the impromptu, some say unnecessary, Clara kiss... with a blue arch behind, and a wolfhound in the picture to the left. The kids even came out with the line, “I think Franny’s gone mad. I think she needs a Doctor.”

And then there are the snogging booth references in BoSJ.

Does this mean Badwolf or the heart of the Tardis breathes life into Clara ? When Rose and Doc 9 kissed, did they have a Badwolf baby. ?
    It seems Badwolf has scattered and divided an embodiment of herself across time and space to protect “My Doctor” or those close to him.

Notice Clara said, “It’s smaller on the outside.”, implying her origins lie within the Tardis (or another Tardis ??). GB have noted Clara was born on 23rd November and died aged 26 the longevity of the series before resurrection. This could also be said to apply to the Tardis, as can the missing ages in her Places to See book, when their was a production strike at age 16 and a hiatus aged 23.

In BoSJ, notice how Clara interacts with the ‘Tardis as a mobile phone’ metaphor.
    Talking to Clara on the Tardis phone, it is shown to have a very long extension cord.
    Later at the house Clara asks “When you say mobile phone, why do you point to that blue box ?”, her reflection on the security screen, in the white hallway with Tom Baker’s scarf hung up.. “Because it’s a surprisingly accurate description.” replies the Doctor. A mobile metaphor perhaps continued in the use of a blue coloured laptop throughout the episode

Whatever the solution Moffat will have put the metaphor for it in there somewhere. Big ideas in the episodes of puppetry and mimicry by an entity wanting to appear human may well have something to say. In The Snowmen we do have the Punch puppet kiss closely followed by the Clara kiss, and some subtle parrot metaphors focussed on Clara, for example the Norwegian Blue getting in on the act in Latimer and Clara’s ‘who’s a pretty girl then’ scene and listen again to Vastra’s quiz show. Notice also the new Tardis roundels turn from blue & red to blue & yellow after Clara’s fall and she dies wearing blue supported by a yellow cushion. There’s also an unusually high number of reflections of Clara seen in BoSJ

Moffat also makes immediate parallels between Simeon and The Doctor, “He never talks to anyone. He’s so alone. It’s not right.”, as a blonde girl in purple snowballs a redhead. Dr Simeon wore fur over a dark blue suit, the early ‘snowman pit’ choice of camera angle illuminating the under rim of his top hat (Tardis light), with two illuminated panelled windows behind him. Another Badwolf metaphor.

How metaphoric is the G.I. for the Tardis itself ? A low level telepathic field able to detect and respond to the thoughts and memories of the people around it. A symbiosis of 50 years, initiated according to The Doctor’s Wife, by the Tardis itself., ”I stole a Timelord and ran away.”
    50 years symbiosis for Dr Simeon and seemingly another 50 years for Miss Kizlet.
    In BoSJ the G.I. is described, with the Tardis behind, as “a living sentient computer, maybe that could hack people, edit them, rewrite them.”, as Badwolf did to Captain Jack.

Clara’s multiplicity is most confusing Is it simply an action of Badwolf scattering her over time and space??
    What I can tell you is that all the metaphors I have are of sevens, “I did seven drawings and we saw a dead cow.”, seven Shakri coma patients, The Pleiades - seven sisters star cluster on their displays, seven dwarves and if Clara is connected to the Tardis the seven sides of a cube quip, 6 outside, 1 inside (JttCotT).. Seven Claras ??

The purple colour code is also associated with ancient Egypt and big cats, best summed up by the namedrop of Sekhmet in Sherlock S1 Ep3 by a guy with a purple shirt. The ancient Egyptian lion-headed goddess of war and healing. Sound like anyone we know ? Badwolf could be back with an Egyptian catty twist. Notice the background obelisk getting in on the Tardis ladder, purple Clara, Badwolf metaphor.

Run you clever boy and remember...The Doctor’s Wife....

IDRIS: I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.

Later ....

AMY: Look at you pair. It's always you and her, isn't it, long after the rest of us have gone. A boy and his box, off to see the universe.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! just... wow...
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The plot thickens on the Rose Tyler show...
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, I know there would be so many people who wouldn't. However I'm sure I'll be pleased with whatever Moffat comes up with, unless it's all because of the wi-fi then I will be disappointed.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    ea91 wrote: »
    The plot thickens on the Rose Tyler show...

absolutely agree! Although it's a clever theory and sounds likely, can't we just put rose to bed? Clara is her own companion! However the mystery of Clara is meant to be resolved this series and rose is only appearing in the special.:)
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really really like this theory, and it does make perfect sense and would be brilliant to watch. But I know some people would almost certainly get crazy about it if it was true, considering Rose is so central in that plot.

I like Rose though, so I actually would be happy with this theory being the actual story. Rose was practically God-like when she absorbed the Time Vortex, she knew everything, so there's a lot that could still be explored there...The link with Clara especially makes sense imo.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be revealed in this way...

"Dactor...Sorry Doctor...Sorry about that. I get my words moxed up a lot. Sorry, I mean mixed. When I was a child in balhoon...Sorry, Babylon, I was the first one ever to be signed up to be a Dalek...The Moxx of Balhoon they called me....I'll see you...."

Doctor and Rose look at eachother...

"NOOOOO....NOOOOO CAN'T BE!!! AHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA".

That's all it is, people.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    At one point, I'd have said I'd have been surprised if some elements of this fantastic plot didn't make its way into the resolution.

But after the simple cop-out that was The Wedding of River Song for Series 6, it's hard to believe in something so complex will come to be. Then again, stranger things have happened and a lot of it would be explainable in the episode quite easily.

Top marks to the person/s who formulated this theory. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Round of applause to the person who came up with this theory! Mannn there's a lot of passionate DW fans out there! So much research.. BRAVO!

That said, I think as fans, we tend to read too much into things on Doctor Who. It's not our fault, Moffatt and others have made us like this. Though I'm sure they'd give the person who made this theory a standing ovation.

I wouldn't really like Rose to be linked in with Clara as it would be just repeating the whole Rose/Donna story we had in Series 4. Anyhow, very good theory. Can't wait to see it all onscreen.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This would require Moffat knowing that Rose would be back for sure a long time ago! And would he pin everything on a character RTD created?
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    It could probably have gotten by with flashbacks if it needed to (as could much of the theory) .And who knows? Maybe he'd arranged it with Billie Piper some time ago for her to be involved? :)

I don't think it's beyond all reasoning as theories go, or the most far-fetched. Heck if written the right way, it would actually interpret the Bad Wolf as the TARDIS, which would be a far more relevant throw back. But when you consider how extensive the list of conveniences is, it's pretty amazing...

Summing them up...
    - Clara has been scattered across time and space...akin to how the Bad Wolf ran its operation. The Bad Wolf used Rose to present itself to The Doctor, so some of Rose may have echoed through the timelines as well... it would make Rose a player in a grander scheme just like Clara, rather than the main attraction - which a lot of fans would understandably have an issue with.
    - Oswin wore a rose in her hair (Asylum)
    - Victorian Clara worked at the The Rose and Crown. (Snowmen)
    - Modern Clara had roses in her room. (Bells)
    - The leaf of fate was a Norway maple (Doomsday, Akhaten)
    - The Tardis phone number came from a girl in a shop (Bells)
    - The car in question resembled the one that ran over Pete very closely. (Fathers Day, Akhaten)
    - Headstone date matching the in-show date of Rose's departure with the Ninth Doctor (Rose, Akhaten)

All of these Clara-Rose links could be bringing the events of Series 1-7 full circle (like how Series 4 was "always heading for this"), this could be an even grander destiny spanning the entirety of Nu-Who.

More so, it doesn't constitute the whole story but rather opens avenues to more storytelling. Why all these links? It's a great chance to link to Classic Who as well. If The Special is closer to 90 minutes than 60, there'd be plenty of space to explain all of this within less than a few minutes of storytelling convincingly. Room to still fit in the other elements we've seen being filmed as well as references to a grander story all tied into something involving the classic series :D

That said, it'll probably be a Tesselecta behind it all :rolleyes:

Separately: Speculation like this is just what I've been missing so far. There are subtle hints in Series 7 that something big is brewing, but they're so subtle it doesn't usually make for much discussion. This is something to really sink our teeth into, and I'm sure that Moffat and co. absolutely love the fact people become so passionately involved...all the while laughing away at our amazing but oh-so-off-the-mark theories :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top marks to the person/s who formulated this theory. :D

You're very welcome. If two people can independently come to the same conclusion, based on a lot of evidence, I'd say this one's in the running.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to throw another theory out there, could Rose had inadvertently scattered parts of the TARDIS through time and space which then morphed into a human? The TARDIS has always been female to all even though there's nothing to say it's a she.

What if the parts of the TARDIS start to die; the mad Dalek, the Victorian nanny, the current companion - what if each death weakens the TARDIS further until it cannot cope and explodes, causing the Big Bang and the subsequent crack in the wall?

The rejection of Clara would be an argument against this but it could be explained by the TARDIS not being sure of who she was because she's a being made up of TARDIS particles so, like Jack, it didn't let her in.

No evidence behind this save what's been said; just another wild theory. :D
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, ^^^^ That sounds very much like Harry Potter.

Each death of the seven horcruxes weakens Voldemort until he's weak enough to be destroyed. :D
  • inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably my second favorite Clara theory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Theory : Sylvester McCoy is still The Doctor, he has been in a proverbial nightmare since the final 1989 Series, through which he imagined his regeneration within the 1996 Paul McGann movie, and then through the Christopher Ecclestone, David Tenant and Matt Smith era, and remains locked within the Matrix (featured within Trial of a Time Lord) where The Valeyard is still intent on reclaiming The Doctors remaining regenerations.

This theory does explain the reason why the 2005+ season is non-canon with the original series, and as much as The Valeyard may have been intelligent, he cannot have been THAT INTELLIGENT given that he created pure charv airheads, such as Billie Piper.

On an aside issue, although I did presume that a Grand Conspiracy was at play, with perhaps The Master being behind recent Plot Themes (such the company "Morpeth Jetsam", "The Question", "The Silence" (an Academy of the Question) ...yadda yadda yadda), and apparently the un-named entity released within "The Doctors Wife" was (according to Neil Gairman and Stephen Moffatt) supposed to be "The Great Intelligence" (which wasn't highlighted through a tight production schedule and/or undeveloped script - an after thought perhaps?), I think that no-one would not doubt that the conspiracy was being instigated via The Great Intelligence - and perhaps has been since the 2005+ series.

However, is The Great Intelligence an entirely separate and independent entity, or was this named by The Doctor simply because The Great Intelligence, from Freudian Analyses, represents The Doctors 'ID"? Or was The Great Intelligence originally the "ID" from a single Time Lord, and now represents the collective "ID" of all subsequent Time Lords collectively consumed by GI, and highlighted within "The Doctors Wife"?

The answer to the question is more than likely what is the source of The Great Intelligence, rather than "Doctor Who?", an "Answer in plain sight", and the only plausible answer which could give rise to self induced regeneration by any of the Doctors is the realisation that the Great Intelligence is, indeed, the Doctors ID.

This is not new... it was developed by Shakespeare within "The Tempest", and featured to good effect within a 1950's movie entitled "Forbidden Planet".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DariaM wrote: »
    Another Theory : Sylvester McCoy is still The Doctor, he has been in a proverbial nightmare since the final 1989 Series, through which he imagined his regeneration within the 1996 Paul McGann movie, and then through the Christopher Ecclestone, David Tenant and Matt Smith era, and remains locked within the Matrix (featured within Trial of a Time Lord) where The Valeyard is still intent on reclaiming The Doctors remaining regenerations.

This theory does explain the reason why the 2005+ season is non-canon with the original series, and as much as The Valeyard may have been intelligent, he cannot have been THAT INTELLIGENT given that he created pure charv airheads, such as Billie Piper.

On an aside issue, although I did presume that a Grand Conspiracy was at play, with perhaps The Master being behind recent Plot Themes (such the company "Morpeth Jetsam", "The Question", "The Silence" (an Academy of the Question) ...yadda yadda yadda), and apparently the un-named entity released within "The Doctors Wife" was (according to Neil Gairman and Stephen Moffatt) supposed to be "The Great Intelligence" (which wasn't highlighted through a tight production schedule and/or undeveloped script - an after thought perhaps?), I think that no-one would not doubt that the conspiracy was being instigated via The Great Intelligence - and perhaps has been since the 2005+ series.

However, is The Great Intelligence an entirely separate and independent entity, or was this named by The Doctor simply because The Great Intelligence, from Freudian Analyses, represents The Doctors 'ID"? Or was The Great Intelligence originally the "ID" from a single Time Lord, and now represents the collective "ID" of all subsequent Time Lords collectively consumed by GI, and highlighted within "The Doctors Wife"?

The answer to the question is more than likely what is the source of The Great Intelligence, rather than "Doctor Who?", an "Answer in plain sight", and the only plausible answer which could give rise to self induced regeneration by any of the Doctors is the realisation that the Great Intelligence is, indeed, the Doctors ID.

This is not new... it was developed by Shakespeare within "The Tempest", and featured to good effect within a 1950's movie entitled "Forbidden Planet".

Hi Daria, still insisting on lack on canonicity for the new series?

Shame that The Doctor is pretty insistent that he's the same man... Which is all that matters in the grand scheme of things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Eh I don't think it's Rose that created her, probably because she says the same line before her death "Run you clever boy, and remember". I mean she said that twice now therefore meaning she was already a mystery before the Dalek Assylum was destroyed. Personally, I thimk she's waaay too good to be true and River is behind all of this!
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    Rose was the girl in the shop that gave Clara the number for the TARDIS.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Just to throw another theory out there, could Rose had inadvertently scattered parts of the TARDIS through time and space which then morphed into a human? The TARDIS has always been female to all even though there's nothing to say it's a she.

What if the parts of the TARDIS start to die; the mad Dalek, the Victorian nanny, the current companion - what if each death weakens the TARDIS further until it cannot cope and explodes, causing the Big Bang and the subsequent crack in the wall?

The rejection of Clara would be an argument against this but it could be explained by the TARDIS not being sure of who she was because she's a being made up of TARDIS particles so, like Jack, it didn't let her in.

No evidence behind this save what's been said; just another wild theory. :D

I think I like the theory that Clara is a bit of Tardis.

It would make sense if she can be in more than one part of spacetime.