Geri Halliwell

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is there anyone else in Celebdom that's more annoying than this woman? I've cringed all the way through tonight's X Factor due to her complete lack of self awareness, Does she not realise how she comes across? I thought it was bad when clips off her straddled on top of a car, skirt up arse, megaphone in hand appeared in the press a few months ago, but she's even worse actually judging the show. She's like a parody of herself these days, completely deluded about how talented and succesful she's been.

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hhmm .. now there's something that never, ever happens .. an attractive female celebrity being moaned about in the Showbiz forum :)

Me, I don't mind her. I think her lack of self awareness makes her endearing in a way ..
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hhmm .. now there's something that never, ever happens .. an attractive female celebrity being moaned about in the Showbiz forum :)

Me, I don't mind her. I think her lack of self awareness makes her endearing in a way ..

This.

Also, to the OP, a great singer she may not be, but she is undeniably successful.

She's sold more records than anyone else on that panel by a country mile.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    I think she's alot of fun on the panel. :D

I think she tried at one time to act like a proper serious artist but now realizes that she can't put a filter on her rather dramatic personality.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »

Simplistic way of looking at it.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Geri Halliwell attractive? That's highly debatable.

Why don't you just come and accuse me of "jealousy" though? That's what you really want to say isn't it?;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    Simplistic way of looking at it.

Simplistic?

The OP stated that Geri had an inflated sense of her own success whilst on the panel.
    I stated the fact that she has sold more records than anyone else on that panel therefore has every right to hold that opinion of herself as it's true!
    :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri Halliwell attractive? That's highly debatable.

Why don't you just come and accuse me of "jealousy" though? That's what you really want to say isn't it?;)

No, not at all. You're quite entitled to dislike her. It's just a trait that happens very, very often on the Showbiz forum with female celebrities. If they're female, attractive and on television then you can pretty much guarantee there'll be a thread in here moaning about them in some aspect ..
  • Louise540056Louise540056 Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    No, not at all. You're quite entitled to dislike her. It's just a trait that happens very, very often on the Showbiz forum with female celebrities. If they're female, attractive and on television then you can pretty much guarantee there'll be a thread in here moaning about them in some aspect ..

While I can see what you are saying I hardly think that applies in this situation! The woman has always been weird and annoying but tonight she came across as mad as a box of frogs! You only had to look at Gary and Tulisa's faces every time she was chattering on to see how hard work she was! She actually seemed like she has serious mental issues tonight!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I can see what you are saying I hardly think that applies in this situation! The woman has always been weird and annoying but tonight she came across as mad as a box of frogs! You only had to look at Gary and Tulisa's faces every time she was chattering on to see how hard work she was! She actually seemed like she has serious mental issues tonight!

BIB - I thought that, she was acting like Jean Slater :eek:
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I actually quite like her.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they're female, attractive and on television then you can pretty much guarantee there'll be a thread in here moaning about them in some aspect ..

To be fair Jason, usually the only female celebs who get on TV will be attractive - usually because they have intimate knowledge of various men in high level positions of said industry and actually have no talent whatsoever and mad as a box of frogs.

:o
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She actually seemed like she has serious mental issues tonight!

She is just Geri, theres no acting or paroding going on, she isnt self aware and she is completely mad lol

But shes quite endearing - at least shes not the moody or diva type.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is just Geri, theres no acting or paroding going on, she isnt self aware and she is completely mad lol

But shes quite endearing - at least shes not the moody or diva type.

She was a complete diva - "I'm better than you Gary!!"

Could see why she didn't get the gig.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice how daily she's getting snapped since her showmance with Russell Brand?:rolleyes:

Attention seeking is what she excels in, always has, always will :yawn::sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair Jason, usually the only female celebs who get on TV will be attractive - usually because they have intimate knowledge of various men in high level positions of said industry and actually have no talent whatsoever and mad as a box of frogs.

:o

Ever so slightly slanderous there ..
    Notice how daily she's getting snapped since her showmance with Russell Brand?:rolleyes:

Attention seeking is what she excels in, always has, always will :yawn::sleep:

I don't believe there ever was any kind of relationship between Geri and Brand. They've actually been friends for many years and I suspect that the picture of them "caught" together was no more than that. Neither of them has explicitly confirmed it to the best of my knowledge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ever so slightly slanderous there ..

I don't believe there ever was any kind of relationship between Geri and Brand. They've actually been friends for many years and I suspect that the picture of them "caught" together was no more than that. Neither of them has explicitly confirmed it to the best of my knowledge.

Did she rush to deny it, Jason? Or do you think that she was pleased (desperate for) the publicity - fake story or not?

She is a media ****. Media **** (male or female) are not universally adored.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What with The Olympics, The X Factor and her friendship with Brand suddenly a front page 'romance', there does seem to be an awful lot of publicity around Geri at the moment. ;)

Funny that. There's a lot she want's to publicise!

Viva Forever the Musical, which Geri is extremely passionate about, is opening in November.

and she has new solo music very very soon....

"I am Geri Halliwell and Geri Halliwell knows what she is doing"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let fans know, Geri will be performing some old favorites plus some new material on October 3rd at the Breast Cancer Care Fashion Show, for which she is a patron.

Tickets are still available and raise money for a fantastic cause.

Geri will also be performing for one night only in the West End Musical Singin' in The Rain on 25th October in aid of Children in Need. Tickets are available here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to let fans know, Geri will be performing some old favorites plus some new material on October 3rd at the Breast Cancer Care Fashion Show, for which she is a patron.

Tickets are still available and raise money for a fantastic cause.

Geri will also be performing for one night only in the West End Musical Singin' in The Rain on 25th October in aid of Children in Need. Tickets are available here.

There are still tickets left???

Well...colour me surprised.

Honest.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there anyone else in Celebdom that's more annoying than this woman? I've cringed all the way through tonight's X Factor due to her complete lack of self awareness, Does she not realise how she comes across? I thought it was bad when clips off her straddled on top of a car, skirt up arse, megaphone in hand appeared in the press a few months ago, but she's even worse actually judging the show. She's like a parody of herself these days, completely deluded about how talented and succesful she's been.

Always found her to be very embarrassing, even back in her Spice Girls day. Theres just something extremely CRINGEY about her,,,
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This.

Also, to the OP, a great singer she may not be, but she is undeniably successful.

Unfortunately, she was on the panel to judge singing, not record sales.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit, i quite like Geri Heliwell, mad as a box of frogs, but I much prefer her to Victoria Beckham and Mel B.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are still tickets left???

Well...colour me surprised.

Honest.

Yes, they have just gone on sale.

Some tables being £5,250...

Why not buy a ticket or donate to Breast Cancer Care. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Unfortunately, she was on the panel to judge singing, not record sales.

Oh, sorry, I thought the X Factor were looking for acts that could go on to sell millions of records?
    Acts with 'The X Factor', potential global stars.

There are thousands of technically brilliant singers on the pub circuits and busking on the subway.

Takes more than that darling. Geri has been there done that and got the Union Jack T Shirt - more than qualified.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, they have just gone on sale.

Some tables being £5,250...

Why not buy a ticket or donate to Breast Cancer Care. :)

I don't need to stroke GH's ego in order to support charity, thanks.:D