So... who was the woman in the shop?

Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
Forum Member
Not seen a thread on this, apologies if there is one. Probably the biggest question of last night's episode is who put Clara in touch with the Doctor by giving him his number. Who do you think it was and why?

Knowing Moffat, it's almost certainly River, which would be a little disappointing, but it could also provide a good reason for why Clara's got a book written by Amy - that might even be a clue as those two moments were barely a minute apart.

After yesterday's announcement, there is the distinct possibility it could be Rose (who, don't forget, worked in a shop) or any other past companion really.

Or it could be someone new.

What do you think?

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Could even be a future Clara
    Maybe old enough so she didn't recognise herself or have a perception filter so she wouldn't notice
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bet is River, Steering The Doctor right after the Ponds.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    River seems likely, though I've heard some people speculating it's Rose though.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    My bet is River, Steering The Doctor right after the Ponds.

Steering him after them in what way? River seemed pretty resigned to the fact they were gone in TATM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Duh...it's got to be Sally sparrow from blink
  • dhdefenderdhdefender Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Jo Grant ??
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    Steering him after them in what way? River seemed pretty resigned to the fact they were gone in TATM.

She told him to find someone. Not to be alone.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Tubbs?
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susan?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Rani?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *looks around*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *gets coat*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Not seen a thread on this, apologies if there is one. Probably the biggest question of last night's episode is who put Clara in touch with the Doctor by giving him his number. Who do you think it was and why?

Knowing Moffat, it's almost certainly River, which would be a little disappointing, but it could also provide a good reason for why Clara's got a book written by Amy - that might even be a clue as those two moments were barely a minute apart.

After yesterday's announcement, there is the distinct possibility it could be Rose (who, don't forget, worked in a shop) or any other past companion really.

Or it could be someone new.

What do you think?

I agree with you, that it's highly likely that it's River.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be perfectly honest, I couldn't give a monkeys about who the woman was. i don't think it is even remotely important.
    Forum Member
    Airborae wrote: »
    To be perfectly honest, I couldn't give a monkeys about who the woman was. i don't think it is even remotely important.

But surely anyone who has the Doctor's number has to be someone important to him and the storyline. There can't be many people who would have it!
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    River seems likely, though I've heard some people speculating it's Rose though.

Wouldn't it be good if it was Rose? Now we know for sure that she's going to be featured in the November Special.

We could find out that it is her at the end of the 8 part run, leading us into the special, 6 and a quarter months after that.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drussell16 wrote: »
    Duh...it's got to be Sally sparrow from blink

How can it be Sally? I haven't read anything online or heard anything about Carey Mulligan reprising her role, so it must be someone else. My best guess is that it's Rose, although River cannot be ruled out.

Loved the scene that featured the Summer Falls book by Amelia Williams.

It seems coincidental that the book was by a woman called Amelia Williams, seeing as Amy's full first name is Amelia and she's married to a Mr Williams (Rory).

It makes sense that it's Amy that wrote the book as she could have written it after going back in time to the 1930s.

Plus, the Melody Malone book she was reading in TATM last year, could have given her inspiration to take up writing stories for a living.

She could be known as the Scottish Enid Blyton, her being in the '30s.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the Woman in White - we'll finally get to find out who she is.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot tell a lie...it was me :)
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I cannot tell a lie...it was me :)

:D:D:D
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you think?
    was it a young or old woman?:confused:
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    was it a young or old woman?:confused:

Well it could be either, because we haven't seen a glimpse of her or heard her voice. It was just Clara mentioning her very briefly.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's meant to be anyone important at all, it's not just someone that knows the Doctor, it's someone that knows that he wants Clara to get in touch — you wouldn't just give out the Doctor's number as tech support.

That is, if you accept the assumption that the woman intended to hand out his number; the committee behind the Blaidd Drwg power station weren't intending to signal anything.

Knowing Moffatt, it'll quite probably turn out just to be a throwaway reference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it could be either, because we haven't seen a glimpse of her or heard her voice. It was just Clara mentioning her very briefly.
    It would be interesting to find out in the future who she is:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another thing to look at is that, could it be a wrong number that Clara dialled so it might be that the woman in the shop was just a woman in the shop?:confused: