second email account suddenly not sending

Please can someone help me on here...the BT forums are driving me mad.

I have a BTinternet.com email. I use Outlook on my pc. Some time ago I set up a second email account using the add email account wizard so that I could access my work emails on my home pc

It all worked fine....till today - godamn it's stopped sending my emails. They receive fine to the second account, but when I send they come back as undeliverable.

What is going on!? I'm not feeling well as it is and this is doing me in.

Please can someone help me - please?!!

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you still using BT as your Internet provider or have you moved?

Can you receive emails on the BT account? Try sending an email from your work address as a test.

Have you done anything else to your PC recently that you can remember? E.g. Changed antivirus, software updates etc?
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Thank you for your swift response. We've been with bt for years and are still with them. My main email is a btinternet.com one. The other one is for a company I work for. It has been working just fine, and I've not made any changes to the pc or the email programme. The bt email is working ok - sending and receiving. It's just the second, added email that receives fine, but doesn't send. Although that said, it did send two emails ok today...but 10 (all the others) failed, saying undeliverable....I resent those using my btinternet.com address and they went through fine.

What do you think it might be? Do you think I need to delete the 2nd email and try resetting it up?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is your work email an Exchange account, or a normal POP/IMAP/SMTP?

It's the SMTP settings that are vital. Have you set it to authenticate (username/password) in the SMTP properties?

You could always ask your work IT department for help.
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks - I think the work email - which is the secondary account I've set up to access via my home pc' and which is the one with the problem - is a pop account. I have all the passwords and codes....maybe they have changed something....I will have another look - when I do the tests though, it comes out fine. In practice is when it fails.....will report back....unfortunately work don't have an it dept! Or even an it person which does not help!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks - I think the work email - which is the secondary account I've set up to access via my home pc' and which is the one with the problem - is a pop account. I have all the passwords and codes....maybe they have changed something....I will have another look - when I do the tests though, it comes out fine. In practice is when it fails.....will report back....unfortunately work don't have an it dept! Or even an it person which does not help!
    Just to clarify, are you using Office Outlook or Outlook Express?

If it's Office Outlook, take a look at this:
    http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/outlook_2010_smtp.shtml

I know it's PlusNet, but it's a nicely illustrated guide.