Phone advice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Hi, I would like to get a new mobile but i have a dilemma - mainly my work phone!

I currently use a blackberry 9900 bold that i have as a work mobile. The benefit of this phone is that it syncs with my outlook so that I have my calendar with me at all times - I dont care too much about the work emails, but its the calendar I need so that I can manage my life!

I used to run two mobiles, but I didnt want to enter calendar info in both sets of mobiles so ended up carrrying both which was a pain, so when my contract ran out on my personal mobile, i ditched it and just used my work one (which is free to use for personal calls).

Ok, so i want either an iphone or a galaxy s3 - mainly for the powerful nature of the internet and apps - plus the new 4g network they work on.

But I dont want to have to keep updating the calendar on two mobiles. My BB is great as I update my outlook for all work and personal events, then i have it on the move, but then the downside is its frustrating not being able to access my own personal emails, the internet properly (as its party blocked)...by using the work blackberry.

Is there an app or anything that would enable me to sync say a galaxy calendar or an iphone calendar with my work outlook so that I can maintain just the one personal phone?

Maybe you think im crazy wanting to pay for a phone!?

Comments

• c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First question, do you have some sort of mobile phone gateway for work e-mail ?

We have one that involves downloading a token and then using their certified e-mail client.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes there is, but you can run foul of your companies security policy. There's a tiny little app called google calendar sync that you install on your works pc and it copies all your appointments to your gmail account that you have on your S3

Works great as long as it's not blocked for "security reasons"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I am not sure about gateway but I could check.
    I expect security to be an issue, as pretty much everything seems to be locked down, i cant even access my gmail account via blackberry or pc. however i do have the emails forwarded to my device.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually shortly after I suggested this google decided to kill it off

http://lifehacker.com/5968593/several-old-google-services-discontinued-new-ones-already-in-place