American Radio Chart Shows

Comments

• Juan Carlos AraJuan Carlos Ara Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Today, saturday, at 18.00 UK time AT 40 The 80´s is about The Top Hits from the 1980´s so far, a show broadcasted on July 4th 1987.

Its going to be on air again tomorrow Sunday at 13.00 UK time.

http://www.europe.forces.gc.ca/tn-pb/lm-mg/cfn-rfc/cfn.asx
  • richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,888
    Forum Member
    It´s the very first broadcast of the show , back on July 4th 1970, the one which is now on air on CFN.

In case you miss it, you can hear it again tomorrow sunday at 13.00 UK time, online on http://www.theeagle.tv/

Can you believe JC, I was setting the timer to record yesterday at 6 and all I got was the message saying that their server was full :(

Sadly I'm unable to catch the repeat as well :(
    Forum Member
    The repeat has been aired this morning, 04.00 to 07.00 BST before The Classic Countdown.

There is still an opportunity on The Eagle ( see the link above), today at 13.00 BST, althought bitrate is not the same, I know.
    Forum Member
    The satellite and the online feeds of Canadian Forces Network have connected to the emergency tape of Radio Canada International and the regular Sunday´s shows are not on air today.

That had affected to The Classic Countdown, The Canadian Top 20 Countdown and , I hope, not to American Top 40 The 80´s and Country Top 40 these following hours today.:cry:
    Forum Member
    Retro shows:

Rick Dees Weekly Top 40, which is and has been an American Top 40´s contender.

From the 80´s:

http://www.rick.com/media/20

From the 90´s:

http://www.rick.com/media/21
    Forum Member
    Well, the World Cup is over but i've managed to record many AT40's, thanks for all your info JC :)
    Forum Member
    They have been 20 extra AT 40 The 80´s shows and 4 extra AT40 The 70´s shows.

And , as an offtopic, the victory of España.
    Forum Member
    After the end of FIFA WC 2010, today July 12th , regular programming has returned to CFN Radio, but American Top 40 The 80´s IS ON AIR at 6 pm UK time ( 7 pm CET).

Let´s see if tomorrow there will be the show. If so, maybe we can consider Monday to Friday, the same time, as a regular basis. ( Summer schedule ?).

http://www.europe.forces.gc.ca/tn-pb/lm-mg/cfn-rfc/cfn.asx or SES Astra 1, 12604 H, 22000, 5/6.
    Forum Member
    After the end of FIFA WC 2010, today July 12th , regular programming has returned to CFN Radio, but American Top 40 The 80´s IS ON AIR at 6 pm UK time ( 7 pm CET).

Let´s see if tomorrow there will be the show. If so, maybe we can consider Monday to Friday, the same time, as a regular basis. ( Summer schedule ?).

Cheers, once again, for the heads up! The recording has started - 1985, a great year for AT40 ;)
    Forum Member
    I hope this coming first week of august they play the last show of Casey, that was on august 6th 1988. He did the show without a metion he was leaving and the following day Shadoe Stevens took over.

I love Shadoe Stevens, too.

Last saturday the played the show when Prince became Nº 1 with When doves cry and Bruce Springsteen was an eternal number 2 with Born in the USA.

When the show was aired on AFRTS Rota, Spain ( 2 weeks later dued to the sending by airplane) the show was edited in the radio station and the mentions of dates , at the end , were banned. They received the show in a four 33 rpm vinyl box ( once I saw it in a saturday morning visit to the radio station).

http://www.avalonyardsale.com/lindastreasures/upload/0.89070500%201245868736_Top40-3-25-83.jpg

My first contact with the show was in the summer of 1976 when If you leave me now by Chicago was in the number 14 once. Then, the weekly listening started in the early 80´s when my older sisters let me use the family FM radio set.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Country 1035 ran American Country Countdown,at the end of each of the first two hours Bob Kingsley would read out and play a listener request and they sent the listener an ACC shirt and a copy of the show in question. I sent in a request and it was mentioned and played. About three weeks later a package turned up in the mail with the shirt-which was more of a long-sleeve fleece top-and the pack that they sent out to each station taking the show,it had four cds,one for each hour,along with the cue sheet which listed the segment timings and where to insert local ads etc,and a handwritten letter from Bob thanking me for listening.

As you'll know,1035 eventually folded,although in the last weeks before they ceased broadcasting they stopped playing ACC,saying they couldn't play it for "technical reasons" and that it would return the following week-this message was played each week until they closed. By then I'd switched to listening to ACC online and continued to do so until Kix Brooks took over. Now I usually listen to Country Countdown USA,the good thing is there are plenty of stations which broadcast it and stream online so you get a choice of listening times depending on which station you tune to.
    Forum Member
    You can go on listen to Bob on CFN Radio on sundays 5 to 9 pm UK Time. ( Now with Country Top 40 http://www.ct40.com/ ).

I have never listened to American Country Countdown with Kix Brooks ( because I can´t find a satellite radio station and because I am not a big fan of country music for following 2 country music shows), but I love Bob Kingsley and used to hear him when he was in ACC.

Saturdays 2 to 6 pm was Casey Kasem´s AT40.

Sundays 2 to 6 pm was ACC with Bob

And Saturdays 6 to 8 pm was Walt "Baby" Love with The Countdown .

That is on AFRTS Rota 102.5 FM and eventually I listened to Dick Clark 's Rock&Roll and Remember saturday mornings.
    Forum Member
    You can go on listen to Bob on CFN Radio on sundays 5 to 9 pm UK Time. ( Now with Country Top 40 http://www.ct40.com/ ).

I have never listened to American Country Countdown with Kix Brooks ( because I can´t find a satellite radio station and because I am not a big fan of country music for following 2 country music shows), but I love Bob Kingsley and used to hear him when he was in ACC.

Saturdays 2 to 6 pm was Casey Kasem´s AT40.

Sundays 2 to 6 pm was ACC with Bob

And Saturdays 6 to 8 pm was Walt "Baby" Love with The Countdown .

That is on AFRTS Rota 102.5 FM and eventually I listened to Dick Clark 's Rock&Roll and Remember saturday mornings.

JC i'd love you to PM me if you have the facility ;)
    Forum Member
    I was listening to CFN Radio last night to know if the had AT40 The 80´s show at 00.00 hours. It was not, they had the regular programming ( As it happens part 2). So yesterday extra AT 40 show could be an isolated show. We will see it today at 6 pm, then.
    Forum Member
    There is no more extra AT 40 The 80´s shows monday to friday at 6 pm on CFN Radio.

Yesterday extra show was on air because there was not a edition of As if happens after the FIFA WC, but now the show has returned and the fillers are not necessary.

AT 40 shows keep on on the weekend as regular schedule.
    Forum Member
  • William128William128 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, once again, for the heads up! The recording has started - 1985, a great year for AT40 ;)
    Listening to an August edition of The Weekly Top 40, 8/10/85.
    This was a good year, as Laser558 was on air and I use to listen to Chris Cary's Radio Nova,which also broadcast Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 Saturdays at 12 midday:cool:
    Nova also broadcast Dees-American Music Magazine, I think.
    Forum Member
    Rick Dees American Music Magazine used to be a Monday to Friday show on AFRTS Rota. It was 1 hour show then with the chart songs then. The thing is that the same station used to give American Top 40 on saturdays and that show week days in the morning.
    Forum Member
    William128 wrote: »
    Listening to an August edition of The Weekly Top 40, 8/10/85.
    This was a good year, as Laser558 was on air and I use to listen to Chris Cary's Radio Nova,which also broadcast Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 Saturdays at 12 midday:cool:
    Nova also broadcast Dees-American Music Magazine, I think.

I was never a bid Dees fan, just a bit too zany for me. Twenty five years later i'd be prepared to give his repeated shows another try, after all the music will still be great.

Great Casey countdown this weekend on AT40, 1984 - some good stuff in there :)
  • mmlabbdmmlabbd Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone...I'm looking to Juan here, know why CFN Europe was seemingly Off Air yesterday afternoon?? Was trying to listen to AT40 The 80s and they were just broadcasting dead air...eventually found a feed that worked on http://www.kodm.com/ from Midland, TX...they had some funny ads on too!
    Forum Member
    mmlabbd wrote: »
    Does anyone...I'm looking to Juan here, know why CFN Europe was seemingly Off Air yesterday afternoon?? Was trying to listen to AT40 The 80s and they were just broadcasting dead air...eventually found a feed that worked on http://www.kodm.com/ from Midland, TX...they had some funny ads on too!

i was recording AT40 from CFN last night, seemed ok til half six at least. What time in the afternoon was it off?
    Forum Member
    Sometimes they have problems on Sundays. They lost the regular feed so they connected to RCI feed or just nothing.

That is the reason I try to record all the possible shows on Saturday.

The station, like the most of them, is automated and specially on the weekend. Normally I hear it on satellite, but the online feed is simulcasted the most of the times.

Well, I am telling you all this and I havent listened to what I have recorded on minidisc yet. I dont want to have a surprise, but normally I know everything is OK when I have all the recording in a one track recording on minidisc. When the station does strange things with the feed, more of 1 minidisc track is created in the recording and I know the feed has been broken or so. ( Audio lost, abrupt change of the feed, long blank spaces, etc. Each of them creates a new track).

Edit : I have checked last Saturday´s evening broadcast of AT40 The 80´s and it´s OK. With news in French sometimes but that is normal.

Maybe the problem with the show happened on Sunday afternoon.

Sometimes they connect to news in French from RCI and then they dont connect to the English CFN feed back and that is when the problems start.
    Forum Member
    It is curious, I have been checking all the AT 40 The 70´s shows aired in the last year and it has never been played a show from 1979 year.

Maybe because in 1978 AT 40 became a 4 hour show and any 1979 show does not fit with the 3 hour long format AT40 The 70s has.

From Facebook´s site:
    AT40 The 70s this week Aug 27 1977

5 - Handy Man - James Taylor
    4 - Easy - Commodores
    3 - Higher and Higher - Rita Coolidge
    ...2 - I Just Want to Be Your Everything - Andy Gibb
    1 - The Best of My Love - The Emotions
    (2nd week of 5 weeks at #1)

The #1 Album this week in 1977
    Rumors - Fleetwood Mac (16th of 31 non consecutive weeks at #1)
    AT40 the 80s this week Aug 22 1981

5 - Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
    4 - Slow Hand - The Pointer Sisters
    3 - I Don't Need You - Kenny Rogers
    ...2 - Believe it or Not - Joey Scarbury
    1 - Endless Love - Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
    (2nd of 9 Weeks at #1)

The #1 album this week in 1981

4 - Foreigner (1st of 10 non consecutive weeks at #1)
    Forum Member
    Canadian Forces Network Radio ceases tomorrow october 30 on Astra 1 satellite , 19.2º East.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=45188148&postcount=89

That ceasing, which is the saddest news ever happened, will affect to some american syndicated radio shows on satellite.

The station remains online ( 128 kbps mp3 http://www.europe.forces.gc.ca/tn-pb/lm-mg/cfn-rfc/cfn.asx ) and local FM.
    Forum Member
    Z-Rock 50.
    The weekly, four-hour modern rock chart program Z-Rock 50, currently hosted by Brian Curry, is also still part of Z-Rock.

According to its web site http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/RadioStation.aspx?c=11 this syndicated radio show is on air on saturdays : 16.00 to 20.00 CET and sundays : 03.00 to 07.00 CET.

Z-Rock in FTA on european satellite :

On 11096 H, 28000, 3/4 Hot Bird 6, 13º East . Audio pid : 802 , manually.