• Mr CynicMr Cynic Posts: 5,435
    Forum Member
    Guys in gyms trying to impress other guys
    Guys in vests looking around as at the rest
    Talking loudly about creatine and protein shakes
    Guys in gyms trying impress other men with the weights they lift
    Guys in gyms really are a bit dim
    Ego's in vests thinking they are better than the rest

This is how I feel when i go in to gym, well i am not impressed at all i just think what a bunch of *****'s

Probably most of the above are gay.
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    On treadmills you quite often get the sly sideways glance followed by a gradual increase in speed types to ensure they are going faster than the person next to them. This happened to me yesterday, I was jogging just as a warmup to a harsh tempo/speed work interval session and some bloke got on, clearly looked over at my readout and smirked at how slowly I was going. I took great pleasure in ramping it up significantly a couple of minutes later and leaving him for dust over the course of about 8k (well, as far as you can do when you aren't actually moving).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    dont bodybuilders refer to each other as brah instead of bro:p
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    KidMoe wrote: »
    On treadmills you quite often get the sly sideways glance followed by a gradual increase in speed types to ensure they are going faster than the person next to them. This happened to me yesterday, I was jogging just as a warmup to a harsh tempo/speed work interval session and some bloke got on, clearly looked over at my readout and smirked at how slowly I was going. I took great pleasure in ramping it up significantly a couple of minutes later and leaving him for dust over the course of about 8k (well, as far as you can do when you aren't actually moving).

I quite like it when someone gets onto a machine next to me and goes hell for leather. Thy're mostly half my age and there's no way in the world I could match them but it does help me up my game.

I have seen some men increase the weights on machines and then get up and walk away. Presumably so they look the big man to the next person using it.
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like it when someone gets onto a machine next to me and goes hell for leather. Thy're mostly half my age and there's no way in the world I could match them but it does help me up my game.

I have seen some men increase the weights on machines and then get up and walk away. Presumably so they look the big man to the next person using it.

S**t, I've been busted... :(
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha I must admit I did that when I first started going to the gym!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couples in gyms bother me more. There is one couple that uses my local and they are especially touchy feely. To the extent that she is doing some leg exercises and he's stroking her arse saying "ooo yeah" repeatedly. I thought they were a one-off but I've seen other couples behaving the same.

*insert vomit smiley*

The men trying to impress other men, I haven't noticed, they all seem to get on and I've never heard them speaking loudly about anything. Though, if I'm honest, I don't venture into the heavy weights area.
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member

Loads of people do that, I find it more funny than anything else.
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couples in gyms bother me more. There is one couple that uses my local and they are especially touchy feely. To the extent that she is doing some leg exercises and he's stroking her arse saying "ooo yeah" repeatedly. I thought they were a one-off but I've seen other couples behaving the same.

*insert vomit smiley*

The men trying to impress other men, I haven't noticed, they all seem to get on and I've never heard them speaking loudly about anything. Though, if I'm honest, I don't venture into the heavy weights area.

I go with my wife to the gym. We have semi-jokingly discussed pretending not to know each other and then getting all passionate in front of puzzled gym-users...

By the time we ever get round to doing it, they'll all know we're married anyway and just think we've lost the plot...
  • sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I detest the gym, from the minute I walk in the door to the minute I leave but it is an essential thing for me or I would be the size of a house.

The vests and haircuts make me laugh, in the changing rooms there is moistuirser and tanning creams and totaly hairless bodies and I just wonder where men and women will finally all look the same.

I have to laugh at the competitiveness in the gym, I go with a female friend of mine who lifts wieghts that most men me included can barely get off the floor.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sort of thing happens at the swimming pool, too. they plonk down their drinks bottle and other naff bits of kit as if they're claiming that lane for themselves. then they stand there showing off their 'magnificent' body in the shallow end, before starting to swim quickly. They usually only last for about four lengths before they have to stop and have a drink (ie Recover) and stand around for another ten minutes, though.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    At least you haven't got Addisonian pming you pictures of himself in muscles tees and little cycling shorts :cry:
    Is that never speaking about it again!? :mad:
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Is that never speaking about it again!? :mad:

lol...I wondered how you'd missed that :D
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gyms, and indeed heavy users of gyms tend to be so crashingly boring, I just can't take. Gym updates gets an instant unfollow on Twitter/FB. Why not do something fun and good for fitness like actual sport?
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys in gyms trying to impress other guys
    Guys in vests looking around as at the rest
    Talking loudly about creatine and protein shakes
    Guys in gyms trying impress other men with the weights they lift
    Guys in gyms really are a bit dim
    Ego's in vests thinking they are better than the rest

This is how I feel when i go in to gym, well i am not impressed at all i just think what a bunch of *****'s

For someone who's not impressed, you spend a lot of time staring and earwigging...
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D
    Gyms, and indeed heavy users of gyms tend to be so crashingly boring, I just can't take. Gym updates gets an instant unfollow on Twitter/FB. Why not do something fun and good for fitness like actual sport?

:D:D:D
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Times are changing, you have gyms for all sorts these days, gone are the days really of gyms being about all the men in the weight room grunting at each other and the women on the aerobics machines. talking about corrie.

Now you have Power Yoga gyms, Parkour/Urban Gymnastic gyms, Core-training Kettle Bell gyms, Crossfit gyms etc etc

They all try and encompass everything.
  • chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently they have gay gyms in London.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris1978 wrote: »
    Apparently they have gay gyms in London.

..That's just another name for Belmarsh.
  • SouthernerSoutherner Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just typical willy-waving that's all.

Bit sad really because if guys are secure with themselves then there is no need to put on a display as people are all different - come in all shapes & sizes that no one is the same so how can you measure up to someone else who is obviously different to you?

I've the feeling this may be down to some guys feeling the pressure from the media etc. to live up to the perfect David Beckham image.

I feel sorry for young guys in the 16-25 age range (their girlfriends may be 1D fans) sometimes I would find them in the changing room spending a lot of time preening in front of the mirror and working out too hard with the equipment - I just think "woah, just slow down, there's no hurry and you're not even 20 yet"

I just go straight in the gym to carry out my regular workouts then straight out again to go home, I don't care enough to faff about so for me, getting regular exercise is all that matters.
  • greendayfan6greendayfan6 Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back from the gym and the same old nonsense of guys in vests trying to impress other guys.

Todays way to impress other guys it seems is to drop weights from a high height indicating that you were lifting sooooooo very heavy weights you can't just put it down normally. Then they jump up fast like they just got an electric shock.

Why do men in vests keep trying to impress other men? I ain't impressed i just think what a k**b.

Can men in vests not have their own gym where they can impress each other?

Drop,drop, drop it from a height,
    Your the only one that gives a shite,
    Trying to impress me in your vest
    Why don't you just give it a rest.
    Is your ego really that small,
    I can see your not that tall.
    Drop,drop, drop it from a height,
    Please go away I don't give a shite.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Right, so whilst you were at this alleged gym you were also spewing your inane threads all over this forum too? Also, why have you self-censored knob but posted shite?
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you arent allowed to drop weights in my gym otherwise you get kicked out.

besides i love watching hot guys in vests. the more the merrier i say haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    Right, so whilst you were at this alleged gym you were also spewing your inane threads all over this forum too? Also, why have you self-censored knob but posted shite?

I did not stay in the gym too long as too many guys trying to impress other guys. I normally go on a friday when those guys are out trying to impress other guys and girls in some bar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    you arent allowed to drop weights in my gym otherwise you get kicked out.

besides i love watching hot guys in vests. the more the merrier i say haha

Well I wish someone would enforce that rule in the gym I go to.