Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 19)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question - I may have missed this in the very repetitive scenes, but in the scene where Walker met the hitman, how did Kevin know Carl and Mitzeee were involved, when he turned up? Before this Walker's side seemed to have no idea Carl was out for him.

I was wondering the same thing, but I think it was a guess because they were both leaving town without any obvious reason to anyone else. And when he said their names the hit man just confirmed his guess was right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Sorry for sending the same post above twice I didn't notice I sent it twice. My pc is playing up while I was sending one post it was going slow then nothing and later it was fine. Sorry about that everyone.

You can usually go in and edit a post for some time after. It used to be an hour, but I have tried before the hour is up and I have not been allowed to edit. But you do usually get quite a long time.

If you have double posted, click on the edit button. Remove all the type and replace it with the word 'Deleted'
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Maxine getting killed off so soon, there's plenty of storylines that she could be involved in and it'd be quite sadening if she does, wasted opportunity
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    JoToBo wrote: »
    You can usually go in and edit a post for some time after. It used to be an hour, but I have tried before the hour is up and I have not been allowed to edit. But you do usually get quite a long time.

If you have double posted, click on the edit button. Remove all the type and replace it with the word 'Deleted'

Thank you Jo. Question would the delete stay there for good or just disappear in hours like the edit button does.
    Forum Member
    I can't see Maxine getting killed off so soon, there's plenty of storylines that she could be involved in and it'd be quite sadening if she does, wasted opportunity

They won't kill off Maxine she's a freshly new character and like you said plenty of storylines be involved in. It would be a waste of time killing a new character and a waste of the actress time as well. If Nikki Sanderson wanted a break her character would be away for abit but not for long depending when the actress comes back.

Sienna is another freshly new character to explore and so many storys I can see her in. Since Dodger confronted her about the truth of Will and Texas she hasn't ben seen since then. I hope Sienna deosn't stay away longer. They need Sienna with the story thats comeing up about a family member they thought was dead.

Jodie another character wasted, the actress enjoyed her time but wanted to leave, we would have learned more about her if she hadn't of left. She is another disappeared off screen like Lacey. If they wanted to keep Jodie around and finish off her story they could have recasted the character Jodie.

Lacey another freshly new character so many storys they could of had her in but no they make her disappear off screen and waste Georgia Bourke time. Also they didn't give Lacey and Georgia Bourke a chance to show to show what else they can do. With the Ally story finished that was the last time we saw Lacey.

They need to give the actors a chance to show their acting, how well they can play their character and surprise the fans on what to look forward in the storys and the characters. They need to win viewers not turning them off with silly storys and wasteing the characters in silly storys by making them annoying. We all like a good story and characters to enjoy watching as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Thank you Jo. Question would the delete stay there for good or just disappear in hours like the edit button does.

Sorry Skyfall. Bit busy. The Delete will stay there for good. Most people realise that someone has either repeated themselves, changed their minds or posted on the wrong thread. If you look through thsi discussion thread, you will see few.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Fridays Hollyoaks attracted just 821,000 viewers (4% share) on Friday. Awful considering earlier in the week it achieved a high of 1.23 (6%)
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    Fridays Hollyoaks attracted just 821,000 viewers (4% share) on Friday. Awful considering earlier in the week it achieved a high of 1.23 (6%)

Such a shame as that is the lowest rated episode of the year so far and was Mitzeee's final episode!

However, its not as bad as we think. Most soaps hover around a figure, for example, EE usually hovers around 7million now so a drop of 0.4k here or there isn't to worry. It's the same with Hollyoaks, they hover around 1million, but as they have a smaller audience it is more noticable. Monday's episode should be above or on 1 million.
  • Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a shame as that is the lowest rated episode of the year so far and was Mitzeee's final episode!

However, its not as bad as we think. Most soaps hover around a figure, for example, EE usually hovers around 7million now so a drop of 0.4k here or there isn't to worry. It's the same with Hollyoaks, they hover around 1million, but as they have a smaller audience it is more noticable. Monday's episode should be above or on 1 million.

plus i think E4s first look on thursday was slightly up so that might explain it as well
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member

A drop of 0.4 may not seem alot to a soap getting 7-8 million but its around 40% of the audience. Its like Corrie dropping from 8 million to 5 million in the space of a week.
    Although i do expect it up to 1mill on Monday the last week has been absolutley shocking
    Forum Member
    deleted
    Forum Member
    Anyone used to watch Holby City, a couple of weeks ago I thought Anna Passey looked like a character from Holby City. Then I remembered Patricia Potter after looking at pictures on goggle images of Patricia Potter and Anna Passey they sort have a little resemblance almost look like each other.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mitzeee's exit was very disappointing and a bit boring too. It doesn't give me any faith in Brendan's exit, it's like Kirkwood wants to get rid of those characters very soon to do his own things.
    One thing that I found ridiculous was no Britzeee's goodbye and also couldn't Mitzeee call Brendan to tell him about Walker? I know they did so Maxine can have a part in this sl but still...
    And what kind of hitman goes to warn the person they were supposed to kill? Did he hoped to gain more money? Mitzeee had payed him and maybe he didn't know but Walker is more likely to kill him rather than giving money for the info he provided.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but he was throwing himself at the love of his life so it's entirely different;) I mean he always cheated on the others with Brendan but never on Brendan.
    for the record, I believe in the love of life thing and well, sometimes love conflicts with ethic, especially on soaps:p

Anyway, I don't think this plot will have anything to do with stug as a romance, but I rather see it like a way to move Doug and JP closer while having a supposed funny moment with a fight between two characters that never had got along.

I'm being disappointed in how little they're using Brendan, like the others I think they have a lot to exlpore with him and trying to do so just in one week (like with Mitzeee) would be a waste.
    I agree I expected Brendan to be the main idea nowadays.
    JP Doug might be fun and lighthearted. Which is needed in the village right about now. Its intense as all hell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bluebird69 wrote: »
    I don't think there's very much that can be done about it, not for some time at least.

As the law stands on civil partnerships in the UK at the moment, you have to wait at least 12 months before you can apply for a dissolution. There aren't any grounds for an annulment, as neither party was under 16 or married/in a CP with somebody else.

The wedding was a ridiculous idea, I can't for the life of me fathom why HOs took it that far. They still could have had all the drama without Ste & Doug actually getting hitched and being miserably married for a few weeks. Totally pointless.

Or maybe it's because they need to have some obstacles lined up for a Doug/JP/Ste triangle, after Brendan has departed. :rolleyes:
    I think it was done to raise the stakes of the situation. The visceral and overwhelming emotions involved were highlighted by the fact that marriage was in the equation.
    If there is going to be another triangle I hope its got a strong dose of comedy in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    garyessex wrote: »

It always gets bad ratings on a Friday...
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Surely if Kevin is fed up with helping Walker, doesn't want to do it anymore and doesn't want Maxine to get hurt he can just ring the police and get him arrested and that would be it :-/

He's already moaned about not being paid enough an he has no reason not to like Brendan so why go to all this trouble and get hit???
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,647
    Forum Member
    I can't believe that this episode is only half over, it's so incredibly boring.

Are we meant to love the scenes between Diane, who doesn't care that her daughter drove someone to try and kill themselves and is more upset that she lost her job and Cindy who doesn't care about anyone but herself?

And Holly who also doesn't care about anyone but herself and Sinead who also doesn't care about anyone but herself and who feels no guilt for what she has done now becoming best friends, all because they have no-one else.

These two new duos aren't going to be loved by me and I imagine other people will struggle to like them aswell, after what Sinead and Diane have done it is going to be hard to enjoy any scenes that doesn't have them begging for forgiveness, it also feels like they are trying to move the characters on from the bullying and getting them in scenes with the other people that might give them a chance after what they have done, but the bullying storyline can't end yet, Esther is still in hospital, they have to show more.

Then there is Maxine being written like she is stupid and more boring Walker.
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im not sure why Holly is selfish? All she has done is go and get drunk and argue with Cindy...
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far, this episode is boring.:yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely if Kevin is fed up with helping Walker, doesn't want to do it anymore and doesn't want Maxine to get hurt he can just ring the police and get him arrested and that would be it :-/

He's already moaned about not being paid enough an he has no reason not to like Brendan so why go to all this trouble and get hit???

That would be too easy
    Reo wrote: »
    I can't believe that this episode is only half over, it's so incredibly boring.

Are we meant to love the scenes between Diane, who doesn't care that her daughter drove someone to try and kill themselves and is more upset that she lost her job and Cindy who doesn't care about anyone but herself?

And Holly who also doesn't care about anyone but herself and Sinead who also doesn't care about anyone but herself and who feels no guilt for what she has done now becoming best friends, all because they have no-one else.

These two new duos aren't going to be loved by me and I imagine other people will struggle to like them aswell, after what Sinead and Diane have done it is going to be hard to enjoy any scenes that doesn't have them begging for forgiveness, it also feels like they are trying to move the characters on from the bullying and getting them in scenes with the other people that might give them a chance after what they have done, but the bullying storyline can't end yet, Esther is still in hospital, they have to show more.

Then there is Maxine being written like she is stupid and more boring Walker.

Agreed again Reo
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    So far, this episode is boring.:yawn:

Wasn't it just
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,647
    Forum Member
    This Will storyline is soooo boring! I am about to pass out!

And how can his family and Texas be so stupid and not see that Will is playing them?!

What does Texas even see in Will? He is a unlikeable boring creep, who tried to write a book about her sister's murder, who chased her into the woods and pinned her down while talking to the serial killer that is currently out to get her! Guilt can only make you do so much.

And even if she can get over all of that, Texas having to drag Will up and down those stairs would probably be a deal breaker. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    This Will storyline is soooo boring! I am about to pass out!

And how can his family and Texas be so stupid and not see that Will is playing them?!

What does Texas even see in Will? He is a unlikeable boring creep, who tried to write a book about her sister's murder, who chased her into the woods and pinned her down while talking to the serial killer that is currently out to get her! Guilt can only make you do so much.

And even if she can get over all of that, Texas having to drag Will up and down those stairs would probably be a deal breaker. :p

Yes you know what I am going to say and let's not mention Will's life savings that has never been mentioned before, especially when last year they were all going to work the fairgrounds as they were all skint. Get a grip HO's we aren't stupid
    I do hope that when Texas is murdered that they don't bring that drippy mother of hers back
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Why is Maxine so thick?

I'm not a huge fan of this story anyway, but seriously, it would be about 1000000000000000x better if Maxine wasn't being so thick.
This discussion has been closed.