Making A Schedule?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 934
Forum Member
✭✭
Just an idea for a forum game that will appeal to those of you (including myself :D) who sometimes wish they were in those big-name roles of creating schedules for any channel. :) Read below for rules on how to play;

HOW TO PLAY:

All you have to do so is create a day worth of scheduling with programmes for the night in the hours of 7pm, 8pm, 9pm or 10pm. You must decide on a day you are going to schedule, i.e. Tuesday. Programmes can be used from any channel, but, be aware more obscure channels may not release ratings results or sufficient data.

The only rules relating to your programming choices is that

1). You can only use one soap opera in your schedule
2). That the programming you choose must be relevant to the slot you put it in and the day of schedule you are creating for, for example, you cannot put EastEnders in a 9.30pm slot on a Thursday when the episode you want to put in your schedule originally airs Tuesday at 7.30pm for your Tuesday schedule.
3). The programming you choose must come from atleast THREE different channels.

Using a film programme, live/sporting programme or lengthier programming is allowed. Watch the time barrier however, as if for example you used The X Factor that aired between 7pm and 8.30pm, then you would have to find a half-an-hour programme to fit in the slot to make up the hour elsewhere.

Here's an example schedule:

My Schedule is for a Friday:

7:00pm: The One Show (Fri, BBC One)
7:30pm: Coronation Street (Fri, ITV)
8:00pm: 8 out of 10 cats does countdown (Fri, Channel 4)
9:00pm: Big Brother: Live Eviction (Fri, C5)
10:30pm: EastEnders (BBC Three, Fri)

SCORING:

Once you have made your schedule, your schedule will be judged on its: Average Rating Across The Five Programmes You Have Used (excluding +1)

*0 points for if your schedule has an average audience of less than 1.0 million viewers.
*1 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 1.5 - 2.0 million viewers.
*2 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 2.1 - 2.6 million viewers.
*3 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 2.7 - 3.2 million viewers.
*4 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 3.3 - 3.8 million viewers.
*5 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 3.9 - 4.4 million viewers.
*6 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 4.5 - 5.0 million viewers.
*7 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 5.1 - 5.6 million viewers.
*8 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 5.7 - 6.2 million viewers.
*9 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 6.3 - 6.8 million viewers.
*10 points for if your schedule has an average audience of any number higher than or equal to 6.9 million or more.

Hope this all makes sense and that people are interested in playing. If so, you can prepare your schedules for next week if you'd like!

P.S. If this gets off to a good start with a lot of interest, then I'll let you know the first deadline for your first schedules.

Remember, you'll need to think about:

a) the day you want to schedule for
b) your programmes
c) what ratings they average typically excluding +1

All the best,

Nine-Nine :)

Comments

• Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Interesting. Sounds like Mad TV. :D We can choose the day we want ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) Yep, any day you like but remember all your programming must be specific to the day you choose and be in its original timeslot. Pick wisely. Thanks for showing interest btw. Not sure if it'll work but glad to see interest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, noticed an error with Scoring:

*0 points for if your schedule has an average audience of less than 1.4 million viewers
  • Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    I will try it at the weekend. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lion_60 wrote: »
    I will try it at the weekend. :)

Thanks mate. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FIRST SCHEDULES TO BE IN BY DEAD-LINE: TUESDAY @ 06:00am.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumping thread so it doesn't get lost. :):D
  • tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like a good idea & some fun but in your schedule there are 2 soaps, thought only 1 was allowed
  • Green SteelGreen Steel Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I get it... :D

So we can pick any day between Monday 19th and Sunday 25th?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    sounds like a good idea & some fun but in your schedule there are 2 soaps, thought only 1 was allowed

So sorry for that mistake, yes, only one is allowed:

I'll post a second example schedule so we all know what to do! :o:)
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it have to be programming that currently airs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I get it... :D

So we can pick any day between Monday 19th and Sunday 25th?

Yep. I know this game is more compliacted than when you first read it. Bare with it please, lol! :D

Yes, any day you want with your five or more programmes (revert to updated rules or ask me if you need any help). :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Does it have to be programming that currently airs

Yes. Schedules each week must include programmes from that week as the programmes you choose must be in their original timeslot. Hope this makes sense. :D:)
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nine-Nine wrote: »
    Yes. Schedules each week must include programmes from that week as the programmes you choose must be in their original timeslot. Hope this makes sense. :D:)

Damn, I had my own version of a weeks worth of programming but oh well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UPDATED RULES (let's try and make this more simpler because reading it back myself it isn't too coherent, :o, :D):

1. You must make a schedule of FIVE OR MORE programmes that fit in the 7pm, 8pm, 9pm and 10pm slots for a certain day of the week.
    2. The programmes you choose must:

• Fit in with the time they will air on television.
    • All air on the same day.
    • Must air in the week and individual day you are providing a schedule for.
    • Must air in the timeslots specified. However, if your program starts in the slot of 10:00pm and doesn't finish until 12:00am for example, then it still counts. What you cannot do is schedule a program to start out of the specified timeslots.
    • Must be from at least THREE different channels.
    • Can include a maximum of only one soap opera.

Note: your programmes do not necessarily need to fit into the whole sixty minutes.
    EXAMPLE SCHEDULE:

Friday:
    7:00pm: The One Show (BBC One)
    7:30pm: Nigel Slater's Dish of the Day (BBC One)
    8:00pm: The Burrowers: Animals Underground (BBC Two)
    9:00pm: 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (Channel 4)
    10:00pm: Live at the Apollo (BBC Three)
    10:30pm: Eastenders (BBC Three)

Your schedule must be submitted by the deadline of Tuesday at 6:00am each week.

SCORING OF YOUR SCHEDULES:

Once you have made your schedule, your schedule will be judged on its: Average Rating Across The Five Or More Programmes You Have Used (excluding +1):
    • 0 points for if your schedule has an average audience of equal to or less than 1.4 million viewers.
    • 1 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 1.5 - 2.0 million viewers.
    • 2 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 2.1 - 2.6 million viewers.
    • 3 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 2.7 - 3.2 million viewers.
    • 4 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 3.3 - 3.8 million viewers.
    • 5 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 3.9 - 4.4 million viewers.
    • 6 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 4.5 - 5.0 million viewers.
    • 7 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 5.1 - 5.6 million viewers.
    • 8 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 5.7 - 6.2 million viewers.
    • 9 points for if your schedule has an average audience of between 6.3 - 6.8 million viewers.
    • 10 points for if your schedule has an average audience of any number higher than or equal to 6.9 million or more.

I hope this is clearer, but, if you have any further questions PM me or bump the thread. :)

Nine-Nine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your first schedules of FIVE OR MORE PROGRAMMES must be in by the first deadline of Tuesday 20th August at 6am.

:).
  • Green SteelGreen Steel Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, let's hope I've got this right...

Tuesday 20th August
    7pm - 7:30pm: The One Show (BBC1)
    7:30pm - 8pm: EastEnders (BBC1)
    8pm - 9pm: The Great British Bake Off (BBC2)
    9pm - 10pm: New Tricks (BBC1)
    10pm - 10:35pm: News (ITV)
    10:35pm - 11:25pm: The Naked Rambler (BBC1) (I'm not sure how that works, as it goes on past 11pm)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, let's hope I've got this right...

Tuesday 20th August
    7pm - 7:30pm: The One Show (BBC1)
    7:30pm - 8pm: EastEnders (BBC1)
    8pm - 9pm: The Great British Bake Off (BBC2)
    9pm - 10pm: New Tricks (BBC1)
    10pm - 10:35pm: News (ITV)
    10:35pm - 11:25pm: The Naked Rambler (BBC1) (I'm not sure how that works, as it goes on past 11pm)

Thank you very much, Green Steel. You have it all right, remember for future reference to you and any other potential players, your programmes still count if they overrun past 11pm, as long as they started within the specified timeslots of 7pm, 8pm, 9pm and 10pm. What would not be accepted would be if you scheduled a program to start at 11pm. This is mentioned in the UPDATED RULES.

• FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tuesday 20th August 2013
    19.00 Emmerdale (ITV)
    19.30 Nature's Newborns (ITV)
    20.00 The Great British Bake Off (BBC Two)
    21.00 New Tricks (BBC One)
    22.00 BBC News at Ten (BBC One)
    22.25 Regional News (BBC One)
    22.35 The Naked Rambler (BBC One)

Thanks Nine-Nine.

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Tuesday 20th August 2013
    19.00 Emmerdale (ITV)
    19.30 Nature's Newborns (ITV)
    20.00 The Great British Bake Off (BBC Two)
    21.00 New Tricks (BBC One)
    22.00 BBC News at Ten (BBC One)
    22.25 Regional News (BBC One)
    22.35 The Naked Rambler (BBC One)

Thanks Nine-Nine.

Thank you, Fudd. :)

It seems Tuesday could be popular! :D
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll go for a different day, for a bit of variance. ;)

Monday 19th August 2013
    19:00 - The One Show (BBC One)
    19:30 - Fake Britain (BBC One)
    20:00 - You've Been Framed! (ITV)
    20:30 - Coronation Street (ITV)
    21:00 - Big Brother Final (C5)

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    I'll go for a different day, for a bit of variance. ;)

Monday 19th August 2013

D.M.N. you need to fit programming into the 10pm slot as the Big Brother Final is split into two. :) The second half goes to air at 10.55pm, so is avaliable to use as it starts within one of the specified timeslot, but Under The Dome airs in between.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RULE (Yes another, lol. :D)
    You cannot choose to schedule for the same day two weeks running. :)
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nine-Nine wrote: »
    D.M.N. you need to fit programming into the 10pm slot as the Big Brother Final is split into two. :) The second half goes to air at 10.55pm, so is avaliable to use as it starts within one of the specified timeslot, but Under The Dome airs in between.

Okay, I'll add Under the Dome then. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Okay, I'll add Under the Dome then. :)

Ah okay, so your okay for this to be your submitted schedule?

Monday 19th August 2013
    22:00 - Under The Dome (C5)
    22:55 - Big Brother Final (C5)

Thanks, D.M.N. :)