Voice (US) Season 4-Starts March 25th

Comments

• Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so excited for Battle Rounds. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Voice US > The Voice UK. The girls really are fantastic this season. Absolutely loved Sasha Allen's audition. I wish someone would put the studio version on youtube, dying to hear it.
  • Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    +1

I can't stop playing her version of Loca. I actually prefer it to Shakira's :o
    Ooh, I thought I was the only one!

I think all four coaches have someone I really like this season. Can't wait for the battle rounds!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    so what did everyone think of week one of the battles, thought it was great, really think this is lining up to be the strongest talent pool in a season yet, but we will see
    usher was fantastic, found his methods refreshing, and extremely entertaining
    shakira was also great in that if she didnt like a performance she was straight up honest, something you dont usually get atleast at this stage of the voice
    shakira also got two really great steals. God knows why blake stole taylor though, so fustrating that christian porter on the other hand goes home!
    best battle for me was caroline vs danielle, so glad danielle won, she has such a lovely tone, I can't wait to see more of her, she has alot of potential

next week looks interesting, looks like ushers going to try something out of the ordinary, my guess is he will attempt to steal one of his own acts, should be interesting
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so what did everyone think of week one of the battles, thought it was great, really think this is lining up to be the strongest talent pool in a season yet, but we will see
    shakira was also great in that if she didnt like a performance she was straight up honest, something you dont usually get atleast at this stage of the voice
    shakira also got two really great steals. God knows why blake stole taylor though, so fustrating that christian porter on the other hand goes home!
    best battle for me was caroline vs danielle, so glad danielle won, she has such a lovely tone, I can't wait to see more of her, she has alot of potential

next week looks interesting, looks like ushers going to try something out of the ordinary, my guess is he will attempt to steal one of his own acts, should be interesting

Amazing battle rounds! Gave me chills with MJ's funeral singer VS karina glad they both made it to the knockouts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    The production of The Voice US is crispier looking than the BBC's version and until the show is switched to a commercial channel (and a far bigger budget than currently) over here, things won't change much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member

I love Shakira's tobasco metaphor lol. Usher and Shakira are truly a breath of fresh air. Usher's last minute steal was awesome; I think he is a really good mentor.

I can't wait for tomorrow's episode when it seems like Shakira and a contestant are arguing! LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cost_Short wrote: »
    I love Shakira's tobasco metaphor lol. Usher and Shakira are truly a breath of fresh air. Usher's last minute steal was awesome; I think he is a really good mentor.

I can't wait for tomorrow's episode when it seems like Shakira and a contestant are arguing! LOL

The battles are so good! I like them the best. So interesting
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    The battles are so good! I like them the best. So interesting

That last minute steal by Usher was awesome and sums up why this new twist to the battles works!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the battle rounds. I'm really liking Shakira as well, she brings so much to the show.

I think at the moment, my favourites are Karina Iglesias, Caroline Glaser and then some of the contestants I liked will battle tonight. I really like Sasha Allen, but I have a feeling her classical side will be her downfall.

The only shocker for me so far has been VEDO beating Jessica Childress.. I thought she was better.

I'm totally interested in this whole "argument" thing with Shakira. But with the power of editing it's probably just being made to look like an argument when it's probably just play along stuff haha. Also whatever happens I think it's safe to say it's to do with Cathia/Mary

Really hoping tonight that Shawna P, Michelle Chamuel and Cathia or Mary get through (with Usher stealing the one that loses)
    Forum Member
    I love the battle rounds. I'm really liking Shakira as well, she brings so much to the show.

I think at the moment, my favourites are Karina Iglesias, Caroline Glaser and then some of the contestants I liked will battle tonight. I really like Sasha Allen, but I have a feeling her classical side will be her downfall.

The only shocker for me so far has been VEDO beating Jessica Childress.. I thought she was better.

I'm totally interested in this whole "argument" thing with Shakira. But with the power of editing it's probably just being made to look like an argument when it's probably just play along stuff haha. Also whatever happens I think it's safe to say it's to do with Cathia/Mary

Really hoping tonight that Shawna P, Michelle Chamuel and Cathia or Mary get through (with Usher stealing the one that loses)

omg, i thought there was going to be some cat fight but Shakira was just telling them to be confident if they decide to change the melody

I love Shakira but it seems like she has the weakest team; however, she has A LOT of twitter followers and I wonder if her followers will play a significant role in pushing her contestants to the finale.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omg, i thought there was going to be some cat fight but Shakira was just telling them to be confident if they decide to change the melody

I love Shakira but it seems like she has the weakest team; however, she has A LOT of twitter followers and I wonder if her followers will play a significant role in pushing her contestants to the finale.

I haven't seen the episode but I'm looking forward to it. Also, I was hooked on wikipedia checking the results, so i'm happy at them :D

Bib: Weirdly enough, I noticed this last night. I went on her twitter and had to double check my eyes weren't playing tricks on me - Shakira has over 20 million twitter followers!! I was like WHATTTT!?:eek:

I noticed on twitter some people were saying that Cathia was acting like a diva or being a bit of a bitch so I'm keen to check that out. I also checked out the song Cathia/Mary sang last night. It was so good, I kept repeating it, so I hope their version is good.

I don't think Shakira has the weakest team, I'd say Usher has. But from personal opinion, I think Shakira has most of my favourites (Sasha Allen, Shawna P, Mary Miranda, Monique Abbadie and Karina Iglesias) However, I can see at least one stand out in each team, but Adam looks to be the strongest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally caught up with it all. I love the Battle rounds, i find them more exciting that the Blinds surprisingly. I agreed with all the decisions.

Dang, Cathia was throwing shade towards Mary Miranda during the rehersals. However, I do agree with Shakiras decision to keep Mary. I always find that Cathia has a habit of over singing her songs too much. I felt like she oversings and then it takes away the meaning of the song. It's hard not to like Mary, she's too damn cute:o I do think Cathia will go far with Usher

Pity we didn't get to see the performance of Titanium by Michelle Chamuel, I reckon she'd have killed it!
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen the episode but I'm looking forward to it. Also, I was hooked on wikipedia checking the results, so i'm happy at them :D

Bib: Weirdly enough, I noticed this last night. I went on her twitter and had to double check my eyes weren't playing tricks on me - Shakira has over 20 million twitter followers!! I was like WHATTTT!?:eek:

I noticed on twitter some people were saying that Cathia was acting like a diva or being a bit of a bitch so I'm keen to check that out. I also checked out the song Cathia/Mary sang last night. It was so good, I kept repeating it, so I hope their version is good.

I don't think Shakira has the weakest team, I'd say Usher has. But from personal opinion, I think Shakira has most of my favourites (Sasha Allen, Shawna P, Mary Miranda, Monique Abbadie and Karina Iglesias) However, I can see at least one stand out in each team, but Adam looks to be the strongest.

I was shocked too....20 millions, good god :eek:

Mary's look is really mesmerizing, especially when she has that afro hair
    Forum Member
    shakira has a massive world wide following, I remember at a hotel i stayed in morocco they would play waka waka like 4 times a day lol!

great ending to the battles, I think all the teams are now pretty strong following the battles. My favourite battle this week was orlando and ryan (shocked by orlando, thought he was so good, shame adam stole him because he wont get anywhere in that team I reckon). Also really enjoyed cathia and mary, I prefer cathia at this point.

really sad based on the previews shakiras pairing mary and kris in the kock outs, what is she thinking! Will be so annoying to lose kris, hes brilliant, probably the joint best RnB singer this season with orlando
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasha Allen to win. :D
    Forum Member
    I couldn't believe Shakira paired Mary against Kris :cry: both have really great tones and I agree with Blake that I thought those two were her "pets" too. What a shame.

I like Monique but i wish i could see more energy from her like in her blind audition. I am totally against diva classics
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't believe Shakira paired Mary against Kris :cry: both have really great tones and I agree with Blake that I thought those two were her "pets" too. What a shame.

I like Monique but i wish i could see more energy from her like in her blind audition. I am totally against diva classics

I was pissed Mary and Kris were paired because Mary Miranda is the cutest thing i've ever seen and we had to lose her :(

I know it's not really relevent but it pisses me off when reality shows keep mentioning The Power of Love as a Celine Dion song, jeeez have people not heard of Jennifer Rush?

Imo, Judith and Sasha KILLED it!! Glad to see them make it through.

Looking forward to tonights Knockout. I actually can't call it with Team Blake, they all look worthy of making it through
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shakira actually in the end has a POWERHOUSE team I love it!

Sasha & Kris are coming for everyone!

AND

Team Adam has some talent too

Judith I already see a record deal!!

& I love watching Caroline grow

Overall I strongly believe Judith, Kris and Sasha have a career
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    Shakira actually in the end has a POWERHOUSE team I love it!

Sasha & Kris are coming for everyone!

AND

Team Adam has some talent too

Judith I already see a record deal!!

& I love watching Caroline grow

Overall I strongly believe Judith, Kris and Sasha have a career

This season has great talents and standouts from each team. Now that I have a day to digest, I have to agree with Shakira's decision on her picks because some of the young "divas" have never really made it far in the show.
    Forum Member
    Some of the song choices last night were just ridiculous, I mean monique seriously what were you thinking, you should have won that battle as you can sing just as well and are way more marketable, but jeez power of love
    kris is my fav at the moment, none of these powerhouse female vocalists do it for me, just hope kris gets some proper rnb songs rather than singing the standard talent show ballads when it gets to the live shows
    sarah simmons is doing the best in itunes, around the 50 mark, if they keep the itunes rule as per last year shes a guaranteed finalist
    Forum Member
    Some of the song choices last night were just ridiculous, I mean monique seriously what were you thinking, you should have won that battle as you can sing just as well and are way more marketable, but jeez power of love
    kris is my fav at the moment, none of these powerhouse female vocalists do it for me, just hope kris gets some proper rnb songs rather than singing the standard talent show ballads when it gets to the live shows
    sarah simmons is doing the best in itunes, around the 50 mark, if they keep the itunes rule as per last year shes a guaranteed finalist

young artists are ambitious but they're not that bright. powerhouse female vocalists never really got that far. Monique should've brought some Loca in that knockout round. Again, what a shame.

I can't wait for Blake's and Usher's team tonight. Team Adam beating Team Shakira on the iTunes charts right now but it is the lives that will matter the most.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I'd say each team has a possibly winner, to a lesser extent Usher, Vedo is probably his only hope and even then I cant see it happening. Michelle is awesome, but I can't imagine here winning the entire show, hopefully does really well though.

Shakira has a really strong overall team, though again, I wouldn't be overly confident on any of them actually winning the entire thing. Kris is really good, though he still feels like somebody that could have a nightmare performance at any point and cost himself. Garrett is awesome and will no doubt have a career after the show, but I can't see him winning it all. Sasha had a great head to head, but again, even if she hits her best I could see her following a similar path to Amanda in terms of votes. Karina is a fighter, could go either way, can see her doing well but again, not a contender IMO.

Holly Tucker is the one to watch out for on Blake's team, could win it with the right material. Danielle is fantastic for her age.

You'd probably have to say Adam has the strongest team, possibly even three potential winners in it. Sarah stands a massive chance after her head to head performance and I really liked Amber too.

Bit gutted about some of the eliminations (Grace :(), but another season of some awesome talent.
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    I'd say each team has a possibly winner, to a lesser extent Usher, Vedo is probably his only hope and even then I cant see it happening. Michelle is awesome, but I can't imagine here winning the entire show, hopefully does really well though.

I disagree, I think with the right material Michelle can win it all. She's be far more consistent through the rounds than the heavily pimped Sarah Simmons (who IMO should have lost her K.O round).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was very shocked to see Blake cut Savannah. I thought she have been his team favourite! Another shocker for me was Usher stupidly getting rid of Ryan Innes! He shouldn't have paired Ryan and Cathia as they are probably two of the best he had!

It's evident Adam has the strongest team. Judith and Sarah are both gonna go far, and I've noticed Caroline has now garnered a big fanbase and is definitely a favourite as well. I don't see the appeal of Amber though, she's pretty blah to me.

Blake's team is now a little iffy after losing Savannah. I do think Holly is his best hope. Danielle should do okay as well. Just on another note, was I the only one who thought Taylor was terrible? :o I'm surprised she even got past blind auditions. She barely has a voice

Shakira's team isn't gonna last long imo. I love Karina and Sasha but I can't see them having big fanbases unfortunately :/ Garrett will be her best bet.

Usher's may do well but I don't think it'll be for the best reasons. I like Michelle so I hope she does well. Also I think Cáthia might be the strongest in his team, she's really proved herself. I'm not a fan of VEDO he's just not to my taste. And I think Josiah will probably do well based on his looks (cough Dez Duron cough)

Adam has this season won
    Forum Member
    song choice is sooo important. Amber ahead in the iTunes chart with Rihanna's "Stay"

Team Adam wins tonight based on iTunes