Oddworld New ‘n’ Tasty

2»

Comments

• Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    So let me get this straight, You'll pay £20, for The Last of Us Remastered, which has had LESS WORK done to it, but you won't pay £17 for this title, where they had to remake the entire game?

Love it. Even better, you call them "greedy" when this is the only company who actually adjusted prices to be FAIR worldwide, the game costs $30 in the US, was originally £20 here, but because of the exchange rate being in our favour, they reduced it and also did the same for the Euro price. This company has done pretty much everything gamers SAY they want, yet gamers refuse to support them?? "Same game" Yet there's 2x the area count and 3x the Mudoken count.

Again, you're just an entitled whiny gamer, thanks for adding to the problem. You come across as bad as those PC Gamers who refuse to buy a game unless it's 75% off in a Steam Sale.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    So let me get this straight, You'll pay £20, for The Last of Us Remastered, which has had LESS WORK done to it, but you won't pay £17 for this title, where they had to remake the entire game?

Love it. Even better, you call them "greedy" when this is the only company who actually adjusted prices to be FAIR worldwide, the game costs $30 in the US, was originally £20 here, but because of the exchange rate being in our favour, they reduced it and also did the same for the Euro price. This company has done pretty much everything gamers SAY they want, yet gamers refuse to support them?? "Same game" Yet there's 2x the area count and 3x the Mudoken count.

Again, you're just an entitled whiny gamer, thanks for adding to the problem. You come across as bad as those PC Gamers who refuse to buy a game unless it's 75% off in a Steam Sale.

have you played it yet? i finished it the other day with 179 mudokons saved. paramonia looks superb.

i think they could've easily charged more for this game considering HD remakes like resident evil 4 etc are 15 quid with no way near as much work done to them.
    Forum Member
    Yes, not completed it yet, have two saves, one for which I'm just running through to get a look at the areas and another where I'm trying to save all mudokens (Still in Zulag 1 trying to get through the new hidden areas), liking all the visual treats, that camera pan as you leave the Stockyards was amazing, giving you a view of Rupture Farms from the different side.
  • denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Goodness me you like making assumptions and twisting what is said. The Last of Us is launching at a £40 price point in most places, which is why I won't consider buying it until it reaches half of that price. I've not played the game at all, which is why I'm more willing to pay £20 for the PS4 version as I was waiting for the PS3 version to reduce down in price so am happy to wait for the same to happen with the PS4 version and pay for the superior version of the game.

Playing a game at launch isn't important to me, I'm happy to wait for the inevitable price drops. That doesn't make me a whiny gamer it make me financially astute as I know damn well the price is going to be half for the same game in a month or two
    (not always the case, but it's a pretty common trend).

I'll probably bite on Oddworld when it reaches a tenner. But that means the studio has to wait a while for my purchase (and many others too). I've got plenty to play due to
    Plus, so the £17 price tag just isn't tempting me to drop what I'm playing now and make that impulse purchase. 3 x the characters and twice the game size does not actually mean two or three times the work has been put in as once you have the basic game elements it is just a case of rinsing and repeating. That is not to knock the work the studio has done. It's nice to know they have put more effort in to this remake than the standard straight spit and pollish. Quantity does not always equate to quality, it can dilute the core of what made the game good in the first place. Doubling or tripling it's size might make the game a chore to get through and not as tight and fun to play as the original. It would be nice if they gave the original version and then the expanded version to allow people to still have the original experience the game gave rather than assuming we all wanted a bigger version at double the price.

I can't think of many other digital only network titles that have come in at £17. I just don't want this to be a trend of greed for other developers too. If one studio can get away with upping the standard price of network titles, then the others will start upping theirs by a pound here and two pounds there.

You can go ahead and twist my words again to fit with your own opinion of the game and price point. I can see you're passionate about the game and the work the developers have put in to it and there is nothing wrong with that. Just as I am allowed to be frustrated that the price point is too high for me to make
    It an early purchase.
    Forum Member
    So you think the game looks the same as it did in 1997, and the extra work us just some spit and polish? Hah, hilarious, if thus us easy to do and the devs are just being greedy I'd love to see how you came to that conclusion in a detailed breakdown. No, please, go find the original, then compare to this new one and let us all know what a rip off this studio is trying to be.

In all honesty, you sound like you don't even know what the game is if you actually believe the stuff you say.

Then again, Cross Buy, fully remade game, with a fair currency and exchange, BURN THEM, we don't want this kind of fairness in gaming. ;)

I'll see you in the next thread when you'll be one if the people bitching about yet another 16 bit retro game coming out, or about how unfair publishers are by charging us more for products compared to the US store.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you think the game looks the same as it did in 1997, and the extra work us just some spit and polish? Hah, hilarious, if thus us easy to do and the devs are just being greedy I'd love to see how you came to that conclusion in a detailed breakdown. No, please, go find the original, then compare to this new one and let us all know what a rip off this studio is trying to be.

In all honesty, you sound like you don't even know what the game is if you actually believe the stuff you say.

Then again, Cross Buy, fully remade game, with a fair currency and exchange, BURN THEM, we don't want this kind of fairness in gaming. ;)

I'll see you in the next thread when you'll be one if the people bitching about yet another 16 bit retro game coming out, or about how unfair publishers are by charging us more for products compared to the US store.

Jeez! Can you read? Clearly not!

I actually said it was good to see the developers of Oddworld had applied MORE than usual spit and polish for a remake.

I know exactly what the game is. I own the original. I completed the original. And I paid around the same price for the original back in 1997. Another reason why I don't really want to pay the full price of the original for a remake 18 years on!

Remote play is not yet available, so that argument is currently void as your are not getting that value from your purchase as of yet. When it is available they will probably run a sale on it to promote it across all three platforms and I'll get much more value from my sale price purchase than you ever did from being an early adopter.

Crossbuy is available on many titles that are digital only and charge way less than £17. Are you saying they didn't put as much effort in to their games because they're cheaper? I put it to you that the developers of those other games knew how to price their game and didn't overvalue it for danger of losing potential sales.

The fact that you are refusing to admit is that £17 is high for a digital only title. Regardless of the work that went in to the game, you just don't see many games like these releasing at £17!

The game can also be completed in around five hours and platinumed in 15-20 hours. If you play for the platinum then you'll just about get good value for money. But just one play through is a very short game at that price!

I also don't bitch about the 16bit style titles that are releasing on PS4. If a game is fun to play then it doesn't matter how good it looks. Oddworld was great fun back in 1997 with the PSOne technology. If you actually look at comparison videos of Oddworld then and now, it's more of a testament to how good the game looked 18 years and three generations ago than it does to the new remake (which you would expect to look better on 2014 technology with all the tricks of the trade the developers have all learnt in that time).
    Forum Member
    £17 isn't expensive for a digital game though, I've been a PC gamer for years and also own a mass amount of digital content on both PSN and Xbox Live.

You're the one who appears blind on this, refusing to give it a chance because of the price despite more effort, time and manpower going into this than most other digital titles.

You simply don't want to reward their effort or strategy, which is a shame, you'd think gamers would support a fair worldwide price and good pricing tier. Especially when people pay full price for games like New Super Mario Brothers, which has essentially been the same game repackaged four times now!

Bringing time into this is pointless, COD can be rushed through in five hours, Journey, a £12 digital game takes less than two hours to finish, older games which sell for £7 can be finished as quick as an hour, so don't give me that time for money crap, otherwise you'd only be playing JRPG's. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £17 isn't expensive for a digital game though, I've been a PC gamer for years and also own a mass amount of digital content on both PSN and Xbox Live.

You're the one who appears blind on this, refusing to give it a chance because of the price despite more effort, time and manpower going into this than most other digital titles.

You simply don't want to reward their effort or strategy, which is a shame, you'd think gamers would support a fair worldwide price and good pricing tier. Especially when people pay full price for games like New Super Mario Brothers, which has essentially been the same game repackaged four times now!

Bringing time into this is pointless, COD can be rushed through in five hours, Journey, a £12 digital game takes less than two hours to finish, older games which sell for £7 can be finished as quick as an hour, so don't give me that time for money crap, otherwise you'd only be playing JRPG's. ;)

What digital only titles have you bought for more than £17 on Playstation Network? Not talking digital copies of full releases, I'm talking digital only network titles.