America's Next Top Model Cycle 18

Comments

• Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xaulleo wrote: »
    Haha is that autocorrect for Tyra?!

But yes, I do remember in the past that she has often commented on the film, but I don't actually recollect her saying this as much this season.....

I think there was an issue about that this cycle. I can't remember exactly off the top of my head what it was or how the pictures were chosen. But from looking at the girls video blogs a lot of them felt stitched up by the process, and that their best photos weren't chosen on purpose. I don't think most of them felt it was down to Tyra herself though...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    xaulleo wrote: »
    Haha is that autocorrect for Tyra?!

But yes, I do remember in the past that she has often commented on the film, but I don't actually recollect her saying this as much this season.....

Lol. Yes. Stupid iPad.!
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was an odd ending to an episode. I really thought that Eboni would be saved over Alisha.
    Why did Alisha suddently give up and start crying? very puzzling. Still glad that both of them have gone.

I really hope Sophie bounces back and beats Laura as I'm not very keen on her.
  • super whitesuper white Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    Well that was an odd ending to an episode. I really thought that Eboni would be saved over Alisha.
    Why did Alisha suddently give up and start crying? very puzzling. Still glad that both of them have gone.

I really hope Sophie bounces back and beats Laura as I'm not very keen on her.

I agree about Laura. She hasn't really bothered me earlier on in the series but now I'm finding her increasingly irritating... can't decide whether they're editing it to make me feel that way or whether I'm supposed to be enjoying her "zaniness".

No idea what happened with Alesha... she seemed fine all the way through the episode and all of a sudden just lost it? There must have been something there that we didn't see? I was presuming Eboni would stay as well... if only to keep the numbers even.
    Forum Member
    I think aleesha knew she wasn't going to win and threw herself under the bus to try and save face. Never liked the girl so glad she's gone!

I felt for Laura, she's very flirty but didn't deserve the sleeping to the top comment, she didn't seem inappropriate with the actor, and he was very cute!
    Forum Member
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    I felt for Laura, she's very flirty but didn't deserve the sleeping to the top comment, she didn't seem inappropriate with the actor, and he was very cute!

But then I could see why the other girls were a bit annoyed because from what I didn't really think she was the best at the challenge at all but still got chosen as the winner. Admittedly maybe not her fault but could see how it could rile people
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised that both Eboni and Aleesha left. The editing/format of the programme has always seemed all over the place, they never explain things properly including Aleesha leaving.

I do think Laura is good and she takes good photos. I think she's pretty stunning. But the overly sexy personality is a bit of a bore. I bet some women feel threatened by her.

I find it weird when they say things every week like "Annaliese is a presenter". If she's not good at modelling why wasn't she out ages ago? Is it not possible to be good at both?

I am tiring of the photoshoot challenges a bit. We didn't even get to see much of the view/location on the photos so they could have been stood anywhere outside, it was more of a novelty to see how they'd cope I suppose.

Howcome all of the other threads in this forum have disappeared by the way?! I mean the ones about other series etc. Anyone know?
    Forum Member
    But then I could see why the other girls were a bit annoyed because from what I didn't really think she was the best at the challenge at all but still got chosen as the winner. Admittedly maybe not her fault but could see how it could rile people

but they did say she was the only one who remembered she was a model, which they push and push - so i presumed thats why she won.

oh and what was with alesha's fake us accent during it? :confused::confused:
    ratty0 wrote: »
    I was surprised that both Eboni and Aleesha left. The editing/format of the programme has always seemed all over the place, they never explain things properly including Aleesha leaving.

I do think Laura is good and she takes good photos. I think she's pretty stunning. But the overly sexy personality is a bit of a bore. I bet some women feel threatened by her.

I find it weird when they say things every week like "Annaliese is a presenter". If she's not good at modelling why wasn't she out ages ago? Is it not possible to be good at both?

I am tiring of the photoshoot challenges a bit. We didn't even get to see much of the view/location on the photos so they could have been stood anywhere outside, it was more of a novelty to see how they'd cope I suppose.

Howcome all of the other threads in this forum have disappeared by the way?! I mean the ones about other series etc. Anyone know?

I think annualise is just lucky that there is always someone worse than her each week, she's just OK....

I wondered where the other threads had gone?!
    Forum Member
    ratty0 wrote: »

I think it's because they've not been posted on. If you go to bottom left corner of screen there's some options and if you change it to show threads from last year instead of from last month they should reappear. Don't know if I've explained that very well!
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about Laura. She hasn't really bothered me earlier on in the series but now I'm finding her increasingly irritating... can't decide whether they're editing it to make me feel that way or whether I'm supposed to be enjoying her "zaniness".
    I get the feeling they are bigging her up. I also felt they were talking down Sophie. It seems now that an ending with one American and one British was planned from the start.

Losing two at this stage was quite a surprise, and I didn't understand why Alesha quit either.
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    I get the feeling they are bigging her up. I also felt they were talking down Sophie. It seems now that an ending with one American and one British was planned from the start.

Yeah I feel like that as well coz they've kept the teams pretty much even all the way through. I also think there's no way they'll let a Brit win. I just don't want Laura to win... if they're trying to big her up it's not working with me but maybe it's just me. I actually preferred her earlier on in the comp. I really want Sophie to win but have got very much doubt that she will. Take it we're all ruling out Annaliese eh?
    Forum Member
    It's definately between Sophie and Laura, annalese isn't in the same league. I think Sophie is the better model, and she might just p&p it, as she's better role model, Laura's not squeaky clean and a bit too much like Adrianna (Adrian? Series one winner) in character, and that went bad quick!
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also think there's no way they'll let a Brit win.
    Agreed. I expect the sponsor have a lot of influence over the final winner, and are unlkely to feel comfortable giving the contracts etc to a Brit.

And every Brit has already failed to win the UK version; I feel that makes them less likely to win a second time around, against a bigger country like America. How far did Sophie get her first time?
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best laugh was the Aussie one where they got the winner wrong.
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    Agreed. I expect the sponsor have a lot of influence over the final winner, and are unlkely to feel comfortable giving the contracts etc to a Brit.

And every Brit has already failed to win the UK version; I feel that makes them less likely to win a second time around, against a bigger country like America. How far did Sophie get her first time?

Second I think, I remember I wanted her to win, but figured she wouldn't as she was being portrayed as the posh, bitch in it. She's come on masses as a model since then too - think she might stand a chance, if only because she's against laura.
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Best laugh was the Aussie one where they got the winner wrong.

oh yes, they should of stuck with the wrong one (keeley?) as she was MUCH better - reminded me of clare forlani
    Forum Member
    Where was this weeks episode? :eek:
  • Jorf68Jorf68 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Anyone know when Living is showing the next episode? Seems to be on a Xmas break which is odd given that there are only two more episodes to air in this season?
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it wasn't just me :o. Can't see it on anywhere and the last episode isn't linked with the sky series linker. Strange :confused:
    Forum Member
    They've cut greys too, so it must be living messing round with the Xmas special. Goodness knows why, they're only putting bones repeats on!
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when the final is on? It's a bit annoying that we haven't seen the end of the series.
    Forum Member
    Guessing it'll be a week tomorrow? Living didn't advertise the break at all did they?
    Forum Member
    It's back in my planner for next mon :)
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back tonight! Can't wait to see the rest
  • Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anelise should have got through to the final, they only picked laura so they had 1 brit & 1 from US imo. :rolleyes: laura has a crap walk & wasnt really liked at any of her go sees, yet all bar one loved anelise.
    Forum Member
    Flower Pot wrote: »
    anelise should have got through to the final, they only picked laura so they had 1 brit & 1 from US imo. :rolleyes: laura has a crap walk & wasnt really liked at any of her go sees, yet all bar one loved anelise.

I think they definitely made this weeks decision based on previoud work rather than what happened this week. I still think Laura is going to win and am interested to see how they justify it all the focus on her walk this week.