Showbiz wigs: Wogan, Forsythe, Blackburn......

Comments

• TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    and famously wore it back to front in one episode!

Yep thats why I mentioned it :D
  • Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found it amusing that so many DJ's have worn wigs:D (Wogan/Blackburn/Jimmy Young/ David Hamilton). I know a few of them appear on TV, especially Wogan, but the vast majority of their working lives are spent hidden from public view. :confused:

Young's is one of the worst I've seen - looks like a dead cat has planted itself on him.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Young's is one of the worst I've seen - looks like a dead cat has planted itself on him.

:eek::eek::eek:

Hamilton's looks like the biggest shredded wheat ever made :D
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always found it amusing that so many DJ's have worn wigs:D (Wogan/Blackburn/Jimmy Young/ David Hamilton). I know a few of them appear on TV, especially Wogan, but the vast majority of their working lives are spent hidden from public view. :confused:

Vanity? Mid-life crisis??

A desperate attempt to stop the Missus from playing away - although in Tony Blackburn's case, the wife was already having it away when he still had his own barnet. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bald is hot. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and famously wore it back to front in one episode!

Ha. :D
  • c3pod4qpc3pod4qp Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why but Ive always thought it would be really funny if someone such as Wogan had their wig blown off by a sudden gust of wind live on TV!! Or a guest could pull it off! :D

That would raise millions for 'Children in Need'. Wogan, Forsythe and Blackburn could all be de-wigged for charity. I would donate a few extra quid to see this. Go on Fearne, pull Wogan's off!
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    i was hoping Flavia might knock it off tonight!
  • moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum seems to think that Wogan does not wear a wig and its an urban myth. I think it definatly is though- it doesn't look natural?

Bruce definatly wears one. He has more hair now than he did in the 70's:D
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonbaby wrote: »
    My mum seems to think that Wogan does not wear a wig

www.SpecSavers.co.uk ;)
  • TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum seems to think that Wogan does not wear a wig and its an urban myth. I think it definatly is though- it doesn't look natural?

Bruce definatly wears one. He has more hair now than he did in the 70's:D

About 20 years ago, there was a series of photos in a Sunday paper showing him straightening his wig after a fall on the ski slopes
  • DallyDally Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure why I single her out, but Denise Van Outen's hair extensions always look like hair peices. Not a natural look! She always looked good with her own short hair too (Big Breakfast time).
    I suppose Vannessa has to get a mention too though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Travolota is another whose pieces are vile.

Anyone with hair extensions is horrible too.Not kidding anyone.There is something plain obscene having someone else's hair glued or sewn into your head.
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,685
    Forum Member
    Wogan being the worst offender with his 1 grey/white sideburn & 1 normal colour

What's all that about then?:confused: Why the different colour, I've always thought it rather strange that he goes to the trouble of getting wigs then doesn't bother about the sides being the same colour. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i was hoping Flavia might knock it off tonight!

It would have been the most interesting part of the routine if she had. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tasi wrote: »
    About 20 years ago, there was a series of photos in a Sunday paper showing him straightening his wig after a fall on the ski slopes

Pmsl! I wonder if those pictures are still in existence?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dally wrote: »
    I'm not sure why I single her out, but Denise Van Outen's hair extensions always look like hair peices. Not a natural look! She always looked good with her own short hair too (Big Breakfast time).
    I suppose Vannessa has to get a mention too though!

Quite.

She's been wearing those nasty yellow straws of hay for years. :eek:
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pmsl!
    Yes, hilarious, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Anyone got a needle for me to sew my sides back up?:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, hilarious, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Anyone got a needle for me to sew my sides back up?:rolleyes:

Oh dear looks like someone has lost their sense of humour:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear looks like someone has lost their sense of humour:p
    I wouldn't say it was "lost", just positioned on the correct side of unkindness. ;)
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bald is hot. :D
    I agree or even where the hair is shaved very short all over.
    I can't stand seeing men where the centre part of the hair is gone but insist on keeping the the side parts; it reminds me of landing strip with grass at either sides. It just makes the person look much older.

Or men with the receding hairline literally in line with their ears, especially that scary joker on that advert (Confused.com?). Awful. Just shave it off, looks sexier and younger. ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, another hidden baldie: Chelsea player Didier Droba, the reason why he has that band around his head is to use the hair from the crown to hide a patch underneath at the back. I saw it myself when the crown bit got lose and was flapping as he was running.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it was "lost", just positioned on the correct side of unkindness. ;)

Whats unkind about laughing at wigs? They looks so silly and false how can we not laugh at them? Especially when they fall off:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats unkind about laughing at wigs? They looks so silly and false how can we not laugh at them? Especially when they fall off:D
    If all your hair fell out tomorrow (and it could. It can happen to anyone at any time), and you had to wear a wig, would you like people laughing at it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If all your hair fell out tomorrow (and it could. It can happen to anyone at any time), and you had to wear a wig, would you like people laughing at it?

Oh please I have relatives with alopecia so don't try and guilt trip me:rolleyes: Its also completley different for men that it is for women, for women their hair is an important part of their feminity. This is not the case for men.

Men look silly in wigs and there is no need for them to wear them. Why not just go au natural like most other men in Britain.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If it just for tv appearances and it looks stupid, yes. There's no 'had to wear it', it's just vanity for both men and women. They would look better plus cheaper on the pocket if they just get rid of it all.

And I've suffered hair loss when I passed out after hitting my head and some cream in my hair should had been washed out in no longer than 30 mins, was in there for 14 days. ;)