Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there are a whole bunch of slebs who are, rightly or wrongly, very letigious (is that even a word, basically they sue at the drop of a hat), so whilst they may appear lovely and friendly on the surface, it may well be because they control everything that is written about them.
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister was drinking with Vic Reeves, said he was a very nice bloke

I met Emma Crosby from GMTV whilst visiting my other half at work, she was such a nice woman, very smiley even gave her a generous tip!
  • poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    Charlotte Church.

Met her in Cardiff in a bar during her boozy stage a couple years back. She's actually very nice and a good laugh.

Cheryl Cole seems to exert this not-so-camoflauged spitefulness in tv appearances, even on the x factor she seems very false and mocking. She likes herself a bit too much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Nice

Sir Bobby Robson, awesome gorgeous man
    Bonehead from Oasis, even offered to Dj at my brothers
    wedding
    Peter Beardsley
    Robson Green was very nice to me, although he does know my extended family. He even paid for my prescription in Boots one day as I'd lost my purse!
    Ant and Dec are lovely met them quite a few times when they were in byker grove, not sure what they're like now
    Joe Calzaghe
    Howard Marks, the scary gangster dude was lovely to me, lol

OKish but slightly up their own bottoms

Alan Shearer (although I have heard some VERY unlikeable stories about him he was alright with me)
    Paul Weller (although i was being a stupid simpering fan around him so can't really blame him, lol)
    Cheryl Cole

Awful
    Roy Keane
    Heather Mills
    Paul McCartney
    Loads of footballers, too many to list!

PS Can you tell I'm a geordie by the celebs I've met, lol?
  • cyrilsneercyrilsneer Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie Price ..... never been very nice, even from like age 16.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read a lot that Anthony Cotton (who plays Sean Tully in Corrie) is not a very nice person at all, he's ignorant and rude and generally thinks the sun shines out of his backside.
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Rosaliee wrote: »
    I've read a lot that Anthony Cotton (who plays Sean Tully in Corrie) is not a very nice person at all, he's ignorant and rude and generally thinks the sun shines out of his backside.

From someone with connections I hear he's one of the nastiest people in Showbiz!
  • DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen this thread?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=925567

Do we really need another one?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicky_nic wrote: »
    Nice

Sir Bobby Robson, awesome gorgeous man
    Bonehead from Oasis, even offered to Dj at my brothers
    wedding
    Peter Beardsley
    Robson Green was very nice to me, although he does know my extended family. He even paid for my prescription in Boots one day as I'd lost my purse!
    Ant and Dec are lovely met them quite a few times when they were in byker grove, not sure what they're like now
    Joe Calzaghe
    Howard Marks, the scary gangster dude was lovely to me, lol

OKish but slightly up their own bottoms

Alan Shearer (although I have heard some VERY unlikeable stories about him he was alright with me)
    Paul Weller (although i was being a stupid simpering fan around him so can't really blame him, lol)
    Cheryl Cole

Awful
    Roy Keane
    Heather Mills
    Paul McCartney
    Loads of footballers, too many to list!

PS Can you tell I'm a geordie by the celebs I've met, lol?

Funny that, I have two friends who have met Paul and have said he's an absolute sweetie! He seems a lot happier and relaxed now anyway so perhaps the person above on your list was the problem.;)
  • mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to work for an agency that dealt with a lot of celebs so did in fact meet a fair few:

Lovely ones who always made time for a chat and a laugh:
    John Sessions
    Claudia Winkelman
    Rufus Sewell
    Ralph Fiennes
    John Barrowman
    Johnny Vaughan
    Mark Little
    Rory McGrath
    (there were lots and lots more but these are the ones that seemed the most natural and genuinely likeable)

Not very nice to the point of being aloof and unfriendly:
    Clive Owen
    Leslie Joseph
    Jonathan Rhys-Myers

(again lots more but these were the worst offenders)
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to work for an agency that dealt with a lot of celebs so did in fact meet a fair few:

John Sessions
    Claudia Winkelman
    Rufus Sewell
    Ralph Fiennes
    John Barrowman
    Johnny Vaughan
    Mark Little
    Rory McGrath
    (there were lots and lots more but these are the ones that seemed the most natural and genuinely likeable)

Clive Owen
    Leslie Joseph
    Jonathan Rhys-Myers

Clive Owen wasn't nice? What a pity, I've always liked him!:(
    Lesley Joseph doesn't surprise me in the slightest though.
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine who works in a bank served Pierce Brosnan when he was James Bond. As he wasn't in his local branch, the computer asked her to take 2 forms of ID before allowing the transaction. She was very embarrassed, but she said he couldn't have been nicer and said he had brought ID with him as he'd had it happen before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

John Sessions
    Claudia Winkelman
    Rufus Sewell
    Ralph Fiennes
    John Barrowman
    Johnny Vaughan
    Mark Little
    Rory McGrath

Clive Owen
    Leslie Joseph
    Jonathan Rhys-Myers

Have briefly met Ralph Fiennes after a play and he was very sweet and unassuming. Seemed a really nice guy.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    why her?

Charlotte Church,,Yes i agree, she can be bit fiesty and have bad temper on her,,i imagine it..:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    lisalou7 wrote: »
    Funny that, I have two friends who have met Paul and have said he's an absolute sweetie! He seems a lot happier and relaxed now anyway so perhaps the person above on your list was the problem.;)

Actually I think you're right there, the friend who i met them through says that he is much much nicer now she's not around, and I disliked her much much more than him, he was just pretty miserable when i met him. Thats nice to hear as it really shattered my impression of him. I'll look on him in a more favourable light now, lol

Oh and another to add to my list of nice people was Stella McCartney and her hubby, she made my niece and her friend dresses for their prom, how cool is that??!!
  • sharrensharren Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    I met ozzy osbourne once many many years ago,, what a complete gent who was totally dedicated to his fans.
    he was booked to come to cardiff with his band black sabbath, the gig was a sell out but was prosponed due to terrible weather, we were snowed in for about a week. the gig was re organised for a later date and the stupid people at the ticket office resold all the tickets and on the night all the people who bought original tickets turned up along with all the people who had bought tickets for the resceduled gig., not wanting to disappoint anyone, the band played two gigs that night with a 20minute break inbetween. after the gigs he cameout front afterwards to personally appoligise to all the fans for the mixup and spent an hour signing autographs. Ive always wondered if he remembered that night, it was in the winter of 198o/81.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Coulthard - a bit distant but very polite and courteous
    Jacques Villeneuve - highly strung. It seems like he tries to be nice but doesn't have much patience
    David Tennant - absolutely lovely, when I saw him he was being mobbed by kids and took loads of time to do autographs and photos.
    Thom Yorke - I spotted him in Oxford HMV years back. I was asking him if he knew where something was when I suddenly recognised him. His face fell and he practically sprinted away! I'm sorry I scared him, he seemed like a nice guy!
    Alex James - on my way to work one morning he was walking down the high street in a wet shirt swigging from a wine bottle. He was very smiley and offered me a sip! I declined.
    Alex Ferguson - I wrote a letter asking for tickets to take my little brother to a match for his birthday which was a bit cheeky, but I got a note back from AF and a birthday card signed by the current team - Giggs, Keane, Ince, etc, which made my brothers birthday and was very kind.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Charlotte Church,,Yes i agree, she can be bit fiesty and have bad temper on her,,i imagine it..:eek:

you know, or you "imagine" it? biiiiiig difference
    Forum Member
    you know, or you "imagine" it? biiiiiig difference

She mightve had voice of an angel, but i don''t think she is one,,some how...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Imogen M wrote: »
    I've met quite a few celebs at stage doors and various conventions/fan events and film premieres and feel lucky that I've not met anyone who could be considered "mean" (although I find Morgan Freeman's hands-off attitude toward fans disappointing...if you ever see him, don't expect more than a wave). But ones who really stood out as going the extra mile for fans:

Johnny Depp
    Jack Nicholson
    Kate Winslet
    John Barrowman
    Catherine Tate
    Philip Glenister
    Eve Myles
    Christian Bale

I want to give gold stars to Winslet and Nicholson becase it was a December when I met Winslet and a January when I met Nicholson. It was absolutely freezing but they still stayed outside signed autographs for ages. :)

See I've seen interviews with Philip Glenister and always thought he'd be a very scary one to ask for an autograph :eek::o
    Still totally in love with him though so it's nice to hear he's really nice :D
    Found out the other day that both my friend's Dad and her uncle have been extras in Life On Mars- she said they thought Phil and John Simm were REALLY friendly and nice- they signed autographs for both my friend and her best friend :eek: Bit jealous now though...:D

James Martin was really nice when he signed a cookbook for me at Castle Howard :)

Monty Don (gardener's world) and Charlie Dimmock were really nice :)
    Emma Atkins (emmerdale), Blair Mcdonough (neighbours), Scarlet Johnson (eastenders) were really nice when I got their autographs in the local panto and answered loads of fan questions.

The pop groups US5 and Big Brovaz came to my school and were really great with us :)

Gawd I LOVE name-dropping! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    Gary Barlow has always been lovely every time I have met him, as has Mark Owen, Robbie seemed ok but this was some years ago I have heard from people that he can be a bit rude if he's in a bad mood, most of the celebs I've met have been really nice, Kim Woodburn from How Clean is your House (if you call her a celeb sort of thing!) was really lovely - she was doing a book signing and my friend and I wanted to go and see what she looked like in real life, there wasn't anyone waiting so we ended up getting her book between us and getting it signed. Hugh Grant was also wonderful!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She mightve had voice of an angel, but i don''t think she is one,,some how...

avoidance of the question...
    Forum Member
    avoidance of the question...

ok ..then.. she is a bad tempered mynx :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok ..then.. she is a bad tempered mynx :rolleyes:

..i already know what you think of her. i'm asking if you've met her or know her, or are you just assuming?
    Forum Member
    ..i already know what you think of her. i'm asking if you've met her or know her, or are you just assuming?

sorry,,i was assumimg.. She always in the paper, for summat or other..