The Saturdays in America

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure they'll do anything as Olly Murs got to #96 then straight out the charts again with Heart Skips a Beat one of his biggest selling and that was with a performance on Letterman, USA tour with 1D, 2 USA music videos (first awful football one and second him following a girl in LA), American rappers Chiddy Bang to appeal to US audience and even more helpings from Simon Cowell to no avail.
    What i'm saying is if a song which has been #1 across Europe and with all that promo and oppourtunity can only just get in the chart for 1 week then The Sats really would need a worldwide charting hit and i'm not sure they have one.

Problem with Olly was that (imo) he was associated with One Direction and didn't have a very "cool" image (the dad dancing, personality, very British style, goofy US music video for HSAB) and his sales/airplay peaked at completely different times. After his performance on Good Morning America he shot up to #62 on iTunes, and it was this exact week that his label pulled HSAB from radio to focus on the next single instead. :confused:

The Saturdays have a very American image and have the E! documentary, which is a major advantage.
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    My only gripe with the remixes is that they've shown the recorded version of the song has totally killed the "na na na na na"'s. :( They sounded pretty amazing live but on the recorded version they sound very robotic and lifeless.

And is it just me or do they have horribly strong Jamaican accents on them??? :confused:

I agree. When I first heard it I think its Rochelle first? It sounds way too weird...! :mad:

I hope its just the remix which makes it sound like this...
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer the Buzz Junkies version...
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Problem with Olly was that (imo) he was associated with One Direction and didn't have a very "cool" image (the dad dancing, personality, very British style, goofy US music video for HSAB) and his sales/airplay peaked at completely different times. After his performance on Good Morning America he shot up to #62 on iTunes, and it was this exact week that his label pulled HSAB from radio to focus on the next single instead. :confused:

The Saturdays have a very American image and have the E! documentary, which is a major advantage.

I don't really like Olly Murs much. I find him very annoying. When is the E! documentary going to be shown in the UK?
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really like Olly Murs much. I find him very annoying. When is the E! documentary going to be shown in the UK?

In that case I have some good news and some bad news for you.

The good news is that I prefer many Saturdays' songs to many Olly songs.

The bad news is that I prefer Please Don't Let Me Go even to Issues.
    Forum Member
    In that case I have some good news and some bad news for you.

The good news is that I prefer many Saturdays' songs to many Olly songs.

The bad news is that I prefer Please Don't Let Me Go even to Issues.

:D:D:D Hmm, interesting...
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    2nd adverure remix is amazing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Updates -

The girls had a sold out show at the Roxy Theatre last night. Frankie wasn't there due to a family reason, though.

They sang Chasing Lights, Work, Up, Issues, One Shot, Get Ready Get Set, 30 Days, My Heart Takes Over, Notorious, All Fired Up, Ego and What About Us.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chasinglights27

All clips are on that channel. ^ The E! network were filming the show which looked fun because in the AFU performance a confetti balloon burst with the girls nearly having a heart attack .:p

They also had a slot on E! News the other day confirming their documentary titled "Chasing The Saturdays" with a premiere date of January 20th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4DO22GRo4k
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://eryckhappiness.tumblr.com/post/35446220683/the-saturdays-what-about-us-12-version

'What About Us' is here (extended intro and outro version).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I hope they do well over there. Some people say really nasty stuff about them, but tbh they seem much more likeable and get on better than Girls Aloud
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I hope they do really well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girls are being interviewed on Chelsea Lately on the 10th January.
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see a lot of tv commercial for the show and it got a prime timeslot right after Kim and Kourtney take miami

http://ca.eonline.com/shows/chasing_the_saturdays
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're also on Jay Leno on the 14th performing. :eek:
    Forum Member
    They're also on Jay Leno on the 14th performing. :eek:

Are they going to be performing What About Us? I probably won't see it. CNBC don't show Jay Leno any more and they haven't done for a while :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they going to be performing What About Us? I probably won't see it. CNBC don't show Jay Leno any more and they haven't done for a while :(

Yeah they're performing the single, but no interview. They're also doing a show called Fashion Police or something, too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they doing a radio tour?
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I was watching E! News today and the ad for their show was shown about 4 times so they're really getting it as far as E! are concerned
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stally wrote: »
    Are they doing a radio tour?

Oddly enough there's been nothing said about a radio tour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XXU7IGTpuY

New promo for the show.

And What About Us is back in the iTunes Pop Chart at #1459.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member

New promo for the show.

thats horrible =O
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    I was watching E! News today and the ad for their show was shown about 4 times so they're really getting it as far as E! are concerned

That is the UK E! Though. Though We don't know how much it's promoted on the US network.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

New promo for the show.

I never knew the chart went that far? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly enough there's been nothing said about a radio tour.

That's really weird. Also they don't have an adds date for What About Us either. I'm really surprised they've landed a slot on Jay Leno though, but I don't see the point of performing the song on the show if they haven't given radio stations an adds date yet.

http://www.allaccess.com/top40-mainstream/future-releases