Nick Grimshaw does my head in!

Comments

• PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post:)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,197
    Forum Member
    I think Nick is great. I love his breakfast show. If you don't like him why watch, listen, read or discuss him?

:mad: I don't like him! so, gee what else can't i comment on? Do you have a list or something?
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What? He's 28? I thought he was in his mid 30's. He certainly looks it!

I was about to post the same!

I can't believe he's only 28. I'm 36 and thought he was around the same age as me. :eek:
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nick is great. I love his breakfast show. If you don't like him why watch, listen, read or discuss him?

Well that's just it you see. People aren't listening to him, loads of listeners have switched off since Moyles left and he took over. But he's also pretty unavoidable seeing as the Beeb are intent on ramming him down our throats, I bet he turns up on Comic Relief next month as well:rolleyes:

Speaking of which the driver I work with had "Grimmers" on in the car this morning. I thought the whole point of him getting the show was because he was going to play more music and focus less on the chat? Well he seemed to spend ages chatting to his close, personal friend Harry Styles who was in the studio with him :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've switched off now too. He's just rubbish compared with Chris Moyles or Scott Mills. His voice makes my skin crawl.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems like a nice enough person.
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NG has also appointed himself court jester to Lily Allen [see lampshade pics :rolleyes:]
  • pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    turned onto his show once and the phone in subject was what the listeners thought about Nick. It was such a bum licking sycophantic fest that i almost vomited over the steering wheel.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps you could email the mods and suggest that the forums turn into a continuous appreciation thread and that anybody who dislikes someone will be banned?:rolleyes:

This is a forum for debate and surely if we all only commented on people we like/admire it would be incredibly pointless and rather dull?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I wasn't particularly bothered by him until yesterday, when the Evening Standard had many pics of him and his smug, gurning face at a pre-Brits party. Him & his clique need to sod off.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought there's something really sinister looking about him.
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as a gay male they will try and shoe horn him into every thing they can ala graham norton and john barrowman.

Remember Graham was on everything before they found a format that worked for him.

Be prepared for Nik Grimshaw to become BBC's Mr Saturday Night!

I must admit, he is a smug looking idiot though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NG has also appointed himself court jester to Lily Allen [see lampshade pics :rolleyes:]

Oh the hilarity! I bet they had such fun putting lampshades in their heads:rolleyes::yawn:
  • JonahTakaluaJonahTakalua Posts: 2,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    He's pumping Harry. Or at least trying to.

Wrong 1d member.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't particularly bothered by him until yesterday, when the Evening Standard had many pics of him and his smug, gurning face at a pre-Brits party. Him & his clique need to sod off.

His gang remind me of the really "cool" kids you get at six form colleges, who think they are far better than anyone else because they wear edgy clothing, listen to cool indie bands and do "hilarious" zany things.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    He seems like a nice enough person.

He does.

I suspect a lot of Moyles moaners think that the radio should just be for them forever but times change and new demographic audiences get targeted. That's life. Don't like Nick, don't tune in, people don't have to.

He's quite sweet, I don't have a problem with the guy personally.
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    icanboogie wrote: »
    as a gay male they will try and shoe horn him into every thing they can ala graham norton and john barrowman.

Remember Graham was on everything before they found a format that worked for him.

Be prepared for Nik Grimshaw to become BBC's Mr Saturday Night!

I must admit, he is a smug looking idiot though.

the difference is that Graham Norton has a personality, can make people laugh, and is talented. I couldn't stand Nick Grimshaw before I even set eyes on him as I couldn't cope with his voice. When I first saw him I disliked him even more! Definitely trying to hard to be in the cool crew. And he seems more sycophantic than Steve Wright:eek:

I have to turn the radio over when I hear his awful nasally, camp accent. And it's not a northern thing, as I'm a northerner, and love Sara Cox's voice. Grimmy is just irritating as hell.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Yeah Im with you however Radio 1 is creating it. Im 30 and deemed too old for Radio 1 so stuff them Ill take my listening figures elsewhere. Annoying that there demographic is so limited but hello he is 28, no spring chicken to them!!

I'm 21 and feel too old for Radio 1..
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His gang remind me of the really "cool" kids you get at six form colleges, who think they are far better than anyone else because they wear edgy clothing, listen to cool indie bands and do "hilarious" zany things.

You've summed up perfectly what I think after viewing those pictures. Way too smug and "too cool for school".
  • NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems obsessed with celebrities. He doesn't seem to have any real friends of his own, and in a sad way it's like he overcomes his loneliness through partying, drinking and taking drugs to excess. Boy George's tweet last night was right. Far too many drug f*cked twits at that 'ceremony' dire borefest. All about Harry and his boyfriend Nick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    He does.

I suspect a lot of Moyles moaners think that the radio should just be for them forever but times change and new demographic audiences get targeted. That's life. Don't like Nick, don't tune in, people don't have to.

He's quite sweet, I don't have a problem with the guy personally.

Nothing wrong with keeping things fresh, but R1 have completely shot themselves in the foot this time. Why get rid of someone who was popular with all age groups in favour of some smug, luvvie who seems up his own behind, just because he is younger?

In their desperate attempt to chase the "yoof" market the BBC have probably alienated most of their listeners.

EDIT:[url] http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2282186/Nick-Grimshaw-brings-Harry-Styles-work-partying-night-BRIT-Awards-2013.html[/url]

Some of the comments under that article!:eek:
  • Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    I'm 21 and feel too old for Radio 1..

18 and the same.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with keeping things fresh, but R1 have completely shot themselves in the foot this time. Why get rid of someone who was popular with all age groups in favour of some smug, luvvie who seems up his own behind, just because he is younger?

In their desperate attempt to chase the "yoof" market the BBC have probably alienated most of their listeners.

EDIT:[url] http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2282186/Nick-Grimshaw-brings-Harry-Styles-work-partying-night-BRIT-Awards-2013.html[/url]

Some of the comments under that article!:eek:

What I can't understand is how come there is no back lash in the press, they all seem t be lapping it up.

Had Moyles partied all night and turned up drunk to his show, the Daily mail would be demanding his sacking and trying to whip up a Ross/Brand style scandal.
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NG & chums remind me of this Father Ted clip - which features Graham Norton as Fr. Noel Furlong, the hyperactive leader of a long-suffering church Youth Group ....

Fr Noel preens himself, and asks Dougal: "What age would you say I am?..go on, guess!"
    Dougal: "forty "
    Fr Noel: "...:o:mad:..."