Who would you say is the most famous person out of these female singers?

potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
Forum Member
Really superficial question but who would you say is the biggest 'star' to you.

Rihanna
Adele
Katy Perry
Mariah Carey
Madonna
Nicki Minaj
Jessie J
Beyonce
Britney Spears
Lady Gaga
Taylor Swift
Celine Dion
Shania Twain
Janet Jackson
Katie Price lol

Comments

• Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Madonna is.
  • monkeypuzzlermonkeypuzzler Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    From that list I'd say beyonce
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,363
    Forum Member
    I'd say Madonna as she's been going the longest and I'm sure more people worldwide know of her.
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna. There will be very few people who haven`t heard of her. I would say there are quite alot of people who don`t know who Beyonce is.
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I would think Madonna too but if you ask someone under 16 who Madonna is - you'll be surprised how many people think Katy Perry is a bigger star as Madonna is no longer 'relevant'
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Gaga or Madonna probably.
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna, Mariah Carey or Beyonce. Even my mum's heard of those 3, so I reckon most other people have too!
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna for me.
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Madonna
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna but Bouncey would like to think it is her

I am pleased to say I do not own a single recording by any of them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I would say Madonna too!
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Looks like Madonna still is the biggest star to most.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Rihanna- If it is column inches that count
    Madonna- every generation knows her name but you wouldnt be as "starstruck" these days if you met her as you would if it was
    Beyonce-nearly every generation knows her, talent wise she's great, she has the "superstar" image yet some talent to back it up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Madge
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katey price.
  • Just VogueJust Vogue Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna, Mariah Carey and Britney (Not sure whether to include Janet Jackson, Celine Dion and Shania as they haven't been in the public eye for years) are in a completely different level of fame compared to the rest of them. What has to be remembered is that these are women (with the exception of Britney) who have had careers which span multiple years, so of course they're more famous. The rest are very current artists who have had careers within the last 5 years, so we have no idea as to how long they will be around and if they will maintain their current levels of fame.

Out of those listed the answer has to be Madonna. She's a name which will be known among nearly ever generation and her recent concert and album (Which received absolutely no promotion and sold on name alone) show her fanbase is as dedicated as ever. Realistically I doubt that she will be successful in the charts over the next few years, although it depends completely on the quality of the music and whether it meets the demands of the listeners. It's really unpredictable, with the most recent example of this being the success of Adele which very few saw coming.
  • Magic TorchMagic Torch Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna
  • Bandit1200SBandit1200S Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Dame Edna Everage
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    All of them in order.

Madonna
    Mariah Carey
    Britney Spears
    Janet Jackson
    Celine Dion
    Beyonce
    Shania Twain
    Adele
    Rihanna
    Lady Gaga
    Katy Perry
    Taylor Swift
    Nicki Minaj
    Jessie J
    Katie Price :o
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd think that you're likely to get a different answer depending on the age of the person answering .
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a friend of mine was once asked to teach guy ritchie chess. he had no idea who he was, and turned up at the house.

as he was teaching him, madonna came in the room pregnant! he knew who she was alright...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd go with Britney Spears. She is still massive even now. There's still photos of her at least once a day in some major newspaper.

Sadly most children/teenagers these days actually don't know who Madonna is, which is why my vote went to Britney. Even young children today know Britney to some extent. The screams when she performed with Rihanna at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards show that she is still very popular.

I don't know if she'll still be as popular in another ten years time, as Madonna was still pretty popular in the early 2000s, but at the moment she gets my vote as she is the only artist on that list who I feel has both career length and current popularity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyonce