Misfits - Series 4 Discussion

LMLM Posts: 63,320
Forum Member
✭✭
Thought it would be time to create a new thread. Misfits premieres at the end of the month with eight new episodes and three new characters.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this but its going to be soooo different.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 3 could have been really good, but a few bad choices by the writers - Rudy being a like-for-like replacement for Nathan; Alicia's death being pointless; Curtis not staying a woman.

And with the new casting establishing the show is now something of a boys club, what little interest I still had has now pretty much gone.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have become a bit positive regarding the cast shake up, mainly because i can't knock it till i try it.

Series 3 was very hit and miss and Rudy was so much of a Nathan replacement, they could not of made it obvious and yet the writers claimed he wasn't. I felt they could of made Rudy his own original character.

I am so glad Kelly is no longer in it anymore. Curious to know how they explain her exit.
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how they will explain kellys absence,i thought she started seeing that bloke that sells the powers.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I actually find Rudy more believable as a character than Nathan, who did feel too cartoonish at times to really care about it.

Looking forward to Series 4. If Being Human can thrive with a whole new cast, then I'm sure Misfits will do similarly well.
  • handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a big article in SFX magazine about the new cast and it all looks very interesting.

I like Rudy better than Nathan as a character - Nathan made me laugh, but I had no real sympathy for him. I'll miss Simon, but with good writing and good casting a show can always adapt and survive; let's see what happens!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starts this sunday

It seems to a male dominated cast at the moment. There is only one female in it at the moment.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misfits always sneaks up on us dosn't it :D and good to have it back, in an very busy schedule!

and it's good to have new characters, gives it a bump of freshness, and already like jess .....

IN THAT WAY :D
  • Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Series 3 could have been really good, but a few bad choices by the writers - Rudy being a like-for-like replacement for Nathan; Alicia's death being pointless; Curtis not staying a woman.

Agreed. The new powers in Series 3 were a bit of a letdown.

I'm really looking forward to this series, the new characters look interesting.

Wonder how many episodes the new probation worker will last this time? :D
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Y only one female need another
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know it was returning tonight! Looking forward to it, and will give the new characters a chance.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eeek. So excited. :D:D
    I loved last series. It WAS a strange one as there were some duds for, IMO, the first time in the series, but then again it also had my favourite episode and the finale was stunning. I am optimistic. :)
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Looks like they brought Nathan back.;)
  • MercierMercier Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First commercial break of the new series. If this is any indication it'll also be the last series. It never recovered from the loss of Robert Sheehan, but this is just bad.
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mercier wrote: »
    First commercial break of the new series. If this is any indication it'll also be the last series. It never recovered from the loss of Robert Sheehan, but this is just bad.

Well............. give it a chance. Very different feel, though.
    Forum Member

Problem was Overman didn't give equal emphasis to all the characters so the expectation for some was that Robert was the star.

I don't have a problem with him gone, I just want to writing to be as strong as it was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Problem was Overman didn't give equal emphasis to all the characters so the expectation for some was that Robert was the star.

I don't have a problem with him gone, I just want to writing to be as strong as it was.

It's more than that, with the original cast there was such a great synergy, as naff as it sounds they just played off each other brilliantly and complemented each other to such a degree that some pretty weak writing and storylines seemed far greater than they actually were.

The scatalogical humour, improbable stories and grand guignol ends all worked because every element of the casting worked and gave it all such a great integrity. Sorry that sounds wanky, but I think that was it.

When one element went it was a much lesser product, this cast set up is just bland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    It's tones changed pretty completely, too much so in fact.

Not really enjoying this so far....
  • upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, this feels too dark, almost...

This definitely feels lacking, script wise as well...

<reminisces over Misfits series of Yesteryear>
    Forum Member
    Dark and i think I'm liking it.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    upsykimsy wrote: »
    OK, this feels too dark, almost...

This definitely feels lacking, script wise as well...

<reminisces over Misfits series of Yesteryear>

I like dark, but this is the wrong kind of dark. Dark for the sake of being dark because they think it gives it drama and reason that's totally lacking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Jeez, nothing like giving it a chance. I think I may wait a few eps first. Big cast changes and setup don't just happen in 22 minutes. Actually picking up quite nicely and want to see what this case carrying guys power is/was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The power must be a chain thing. Someones got the power to be morbidly obsessed over this case and anyone that touches them gets the same obsession.

I just wonder if the scouse bloke catches the same obsession or if he's immune to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willz wrote: »
    The power must be a chain thing. Someones got the power to be morbidly obsessed over this case and anyone that touches them gets the same obsession.

I just wonder if the scouse bloke catches the same obsession or if he's immune to it.

That sounds about right... How would he be "immune" though? <awaits ideas>

Someone go make me a horlicks?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like dark, but this is the wrong kind of dark. Dark for the sake of being dark because they think it gives it drama and reason that's totally lacking.

Aye, I think they're lacking the humour they did last season... Have they changed writers? I haven't checked, yet.