Put me out of my misery

LillithLillith Posts: 946
Forum Member
✭✭
Is Brendon Coyle of Downton Abbey fame gay ? I have to know before I waste years fancying him like I did with Niles in Frasier.

Comments

• dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lillith wrote: »
    Is Brendon Coyle of Downton Abbey fame gay ? I have to know before I waste years fancying him like I did with Niles in Frasier.

Sorry I can't answer your question but I share your pain...I was crazy over David Hyde-Pierce! :cry::p
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    No, he's a married man I'm fairly sure
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brendan Coyle, born David Coyle 2 December 1963 in Corby, Northamptonshire, keeps his relationships quiet. There is no information on his marital status.

so yes.
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,441
    Forum Member
    Does it matter?

Not like he's up for grabs is it?

Just enjoy.
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    niles is gay ????? noooooo!!!!:(
  • kjh84kjh84 Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    niles is gay ????? noooooo!!!!:(

And so is Bob Bulldog Brisco!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kjh84 wrote: »

*faints*:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *faints*:(

Oh & Gill Chesterton lol, this makes me laugh as they all assume he is gay but he is not as he is married.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    so yes.

Lol. Pretty much.
  • widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh & Gill Chesterton lol, this makes me laugh as they all assume he is gay but he is not as he is married.

Although the actor who plays Martin Crane (John Mahoney) is also gay!!!!
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    You can still fancy a gay man you know.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i knew about Bob & that was a shock when i found out but Niles.....say it isn't so.
    & the actor that plays Martin is gay:eek::eek: i'm shocked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    widger wrote: »
    Although the actor who plays Martin Crane (John Mahoney) is also gay!!!!

Yeah, i wasn't a 100% on that one :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I shouldn`t be so disappointed , but I remember being gutted at finding out richard chamberlain was gay! he was the main reason I became a nurse...I was bereft!:D
  • Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lillith, if you fancy him then what difference does it make if he is gay or not.

I fancy Cynthia Nixon (Miranda in Sex & The City) but I did not stop when I found out she was a lesbian, as she is still the same person and looks the same.

The other thing is, it is highly unlikely that you are going to meet Brendan Coyle, fall in love and live happily ever after, just like I will never meet Cynthia Nixon (not sure my wife would let me anyway :D) so if you fancy him, you fancy him.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,591
    Forum Member
    I remember seeing him for the first time in a costume drama many years ago - I think it was Catherine Cookson's The Glass Virgin and I swear, he took my breath away. I fell instantly in love with him. No-one (on the telly) has ever had that affect on me.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,345
    Forum Member
    I read somewhere on line that he had a girlfriend at one time called Emer. So let's hope she is the LUCKY one that washes his sock!!!!:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Why does it matter what his sexuality is?

Like you have a chance anyway.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,345
    Forum Member
    :(Harsh, but true. Can't help fantising though can I. give a girl a break please.:(
  • ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Sorry I can't answer your question but I share your pain...I was crazy over David Hyde-Pierce! :cry::p

Hey mine was Rock Hudson when he was in Pillow Talk with Doris Day...now I know that story was never true...he didn't love and end up with Doris.:cry::cry::cry:
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesanybody know for sure if he is gay ? There is always a chance, slim I admit, that our paths may cross and he will fall madly in love with me but not if he's gay. On second thoughts, it's the character he plays in Downton Abbey that I fancy and in real life he might not be so nice.
  • The DaneThe Dane Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Niles Crane is NOT gay. The actor playing the part is gay. Big difference. Niles is my favourite character of all times, and David Hyde-Pierce did a fabulous job portraying him.
    In all honesty, I wasn't too surprised when it emerged that David Hyde-Pierce is gay.
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    The Dane wrote: »
    Niles Crane is NOT gay. The actor playing the part is gay. Big difference. Niles is my favourite character of all times, and David Hyde-Pierce did a fabulous job portraying him.
    In all honesty, I wasn't too surprised when it emerged that David Hyde-Pierce is gay.

I was more surprised when it came out that Neil Patrick Harris /Dr Dougie Howser is.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I shouldn`t be so disappointed , but I remember being gutted at finding out richard chamberlain was gay! he was the main reason I became a nurse...I was bereft!:D
    I only found out last week that Richard Chamberlain was American! About the only time I've encountered him is in the Musketeer films and I (young at the time) assumed he was English like Oliver Reed, Michael York and Frank Finley (not to mention about 80% of the rest of the cast).

An assumption that stayed with me for decades :o
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think he is married.