Demi Lovato- Skyscraper FIRST LISTEN

Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/07/11/demi-lovato-skyscraper-first-listen/

This is such a beautiful song, the emotion is clearly evident and its refreshing not to hear an autotuned disney artist. :)

What do you think?

US readers can download this now on iTunes and it will be released on Amazon on July 19th, the song will get its big premiere On Air with Ryan Seacrest later today.

Comments

• shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My daughter stayed up all night the other night just waiting to hear it!!! She then spent 2 hours listening to it again and again!! Got to say it is a really good song and sung with real fealing. If given airlplay over here, it could and should do very well.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song is getting the attention of lots of people it seems. The likes of Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, Pete Wentz etc have all tweeted this song saying how incredible it is.

I have never liked a song by Demi or any other Disney star for that matter. But "Skyscraper" is incredible! I love the message behind it, I relate to it perfectly having also suffered from an Eating Disorder for many years. It's amazing and genuine.
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song is getting the attention of lots of people it seems. The likes of Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, Pete Wentz etc have all tweeted this song saying how incredible it is.

I have never liked a song by Demi or any other Disney star for that matter. But "Skyscraper" is incredible! I love the message behind it, I relate to it perfectly having also suffered from an Eating Disorder for many years. It's amazing and genuine.

I really feel like this song will give her the big break she deserves, she's one of those artists who will do the song 10x better live and I am so excited for her new album
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, I don't mind Demi Lavato and all, and don't mind her other stuff, but wouldn't be particulary picky about her.

But this song is actually just amazing. It is beautiful, and emotional. My favourite song at the moment, which is strange, as usually, I wouldn't be to keen on this stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this, the emotion is so strong. The video's great too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, I don't mind Demi Lavato and all, and don't mind her other stuff, but wouldn't be particulary picky about her.

But this song is actually just amazing. It is beautiful, and emotional. My favourite song at the moment, which is strange, as usually, I wouldn't be to keen on this stuff.

if you liked this song you'll probably like her song called "Don't Forget" :)

I'm hoping it does really well here in the UK, she's much more deserving of it then some people who top the charts
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song is just great, I only liked la la land by her before, but this song blows me away, just the raw emotion is enough to send me tingles.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love it. I like the honest emotion of the lyrics. When some artists go through troubled times. they come out with some cliched uplifting song about how their life is suddenly all perfect and great and how easy it was to overcome their problems etc. But this isn't that. It's very honest about how tough life can be, but also positive.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    I really feel like this song will give her the big break she deserves, she's one of those artists who will do the song 10x better live and I am so excited for her new album

I really hope she gets her big break with this song too. She'd be the first Disney star to really make that transition successfully. She deserves it with this song. I admire her bravery too for releasing a ballad in the current dance-obsessed industry of Music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope she gets her big break with this song too. She'd be the first Disney star to really make that transition successfully. She deserves it with this song. I admire her bravery too for releasing a ballad in the current dance-obsessed industry of Music.

its refreshing to hear a ballad amidst all these dance songs :)
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this, the emotion is so strong. The video's great too.

When I had heard it a few times I imagined her doing a Sinead O'Connor style video. I think this song could actually have the same impact as that did 20 odd years ago. You are right about the emotion in it. Even though she didnt write it, it certainly could have been. Radio 1 need to playlist it.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Song Is Full Of Emotion and Is An Amazing Track I Hope When She Releases it In UK its huge!

Btw does anyone know when its getting a UK release ?? or not
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Song Is Full Of Emotion and Is An Amazing Track I Hope When She Releases it In UK its huge!

Btw does anyone know when its getting a UK release ?? or not

She's signed to Fascination Records in the UK so they should know, the last time they released a single of hers they released it 4 months after it was released in the US leading to poor sales and most people who wanted to download it had already done so :rolleyes:

However I do think that we could be hearing it could be released September-October this time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I Already Have Downloaded it Its One Amazing Song Though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I Already Have Downloaded it Its One Amazing Song Though

have you managed to catch the music video??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Ill Post A Link To it Now :D

Demi Lovarto Skyscraper Official Music Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRrXvM7O-dc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Ill Post A Link To it Now :D

Demi Lovarto Skyscraper Official Music Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRrXvM7O-dc

VEVO is gonna premiere the video at midnight I'll also put that link on later
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_8ydghbGSg&feature=channel_video_title

Watch the video in 1080p it just looks incredible!
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is #4 on UK iTunes! :eek:

Great ballad which I bought a few weeks ago when it was still 99p :mad: haha.

Apparently its getting re-released as a UK single next month aswell.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its the x factor effect, a bit like when adele's version of "make you feel my love" took off after the exposure on that show. loved this song when i first heard it, great positive song from a dark place for her and the follow up us single "give your heart a break" was very good too.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love her and I'm glad this song is finally getting the recognition it deserves. Demi reminds me of Kelly Clarkson in many ways.
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a MASSIVE Demi fan and yes I am pleased this song is finally getting recognition in the UK but seriously! Made in the USA is her new single and I would much rather see her new material doing well. Especially as this album has been her best era yet in the UK.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I'm a MASSIVE Demi fan and yes I am pleased this song is finally getting recognition in the UK but seriously! Made in the USA is her new single and I would much rather see her new material doing well. Especially as this album has been her best era yet in the UK.

According to Demi's twitter profile it looks like she's moved on from Made In The USA and is now releasing Neon lights!

(Really glad Skyscraper is doing well, it should've done well when it came out though)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    According to Demi's twitter profile it looks like she's moved on from Made In The USA and is now releasing Neon lights!

(Really glad Skyscraper is doing well, it should've done well when it came out though)

As much as I love Neon Lights I'm kind of nervous about the release. It's a very energetic song and would require a level of choreography when performing it. I hope she can pull it off though!

If Neon Lights gets an XF UK performance that could possibly her third top 10 hit here just this year! :)
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know why Skyscraper is at #4 on itunes in the UK?