Homeland Season 2 (US Pace) [Spoilers MUST be in tags!]

dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Season 2 of Homeland begins this Sunday on Showtime, with each episode premiering immediately following Dexter- yes, the next twelve Sundays are going to be TV gold!

Same rules as ever: Once it has aired, it's fair game for discussion (meaning US members who have watched it live or other members who may have streamed it online can discuss immediately!). Please keep all information and discussion pertaining to unaired episodes within spoiler tags, including promos.

Comments

• caravannercaravanner Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Ooh no offence but I need to find a way of blocking this thread cos Im in the uk & we dont start until the 7th October and I just know I wont be able to hold out for a week :)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <bump>

Not long now! Airs tonight in the US :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Fantastic premiere, can't wait for next week :D The tension in the scene with Brody in Estes' office was off the scale, ditto for the scene where Carrie was being chased by the bad guy in Beirut (loved her little smile after she'd took him out!:p).

Surprised to see this thread so dead though:confused:
  • mazeymazey Posts: 136,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Fantastic premiere, can't wait for next week :D The tension in the scene with Brody in Estes' office was off the scale, ditto for the scene where Carrie was being chased by the bad guy in Beirut (loved her little smile after she'd took him out!:p).

It surprises me as well, I expected to see more discussion. I thought the way they brought Carrie back was clever.

I came across this useful summary of last season and characters:

http://m.rollingstone.com/?redirurl=/movies/news/spies-and-sleepers-your-homeland-cheat-sheet-for-season-two-20120927
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty good start I felt. Good to have it back. Damian & Claire on top form as ever.

I still don't know if I trust Saul. He is far too poker faced at times. And Dana is getting ever closer to her Dad and his secret. Could be interesting how that develops.

Also surprised a CIA office safe would have just a number keypad to access it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,156
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »

It's probably dead because it will be on Channel 4 in a few days.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caravanner wrote: »
    Ooh no offence but I need to find a way of blocking this thread cos Im in the uk & we dont start until the 7th October and I just know I wont be able to hold out for a week :)

Err don't click on it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    mazey wrote: »
    I thought the way they brought Carrie back was clever.

It was clever-ish, but it kind of reminded me of the way that they always managed to get Jack Bauer back to CTU in 24 after he'd quit (i.e. "Hey Jack, we've got another terrorist plot we need your help with! Only you can help!"). I'm not complaining though, it made sense for the character.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent episode. Loved Carrie's smile. She's back.

I just haven't decided whether to watch at US pace or series link the Channel 4 broadcasts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry though, but I don't buy that Carrie would have a clear memory after having Electric shock treatment. She remembered what year and month she met that woman!
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty good start I felt. Good to have it back. Damian & Claire on top form as ever.

I still don't know if I trust Saul. He is far too poker faced at times. And Dana is getting ever closer to her Dad and his secret. Could be interesting how that develops.

Also surprised a CIA office safe would have just a number keypad to access it.
    So glad this is back. I couldn't hold out till Sunday so I 'acquired' it yesterday ;) Agree with comments re Carrie being drafted back in, and then tension while she was being tailed/Brody in Estes' office.

BIB: Before the closing scene of Brody and Dana in the garden I had this thought that she will convert to Islam also in order to be closer to him. Dunno, it's interesting though. Can't wait for the next one.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    Season 2 of Homeland begins this Sunday on Showtime, with each episode premiering immediately following Dexter- yes, the next twelve Sundays are going to be TV gold!

Same rules as ever: Once it has aired, it's fair game for discussion (meaning US members who have watched it live or other members who may have streamed it online can discuss immediately!). Please keep all information and discussion pertaining to unaired episodes within spoiler tags, including promos.

Ive just seen the first episode (shown on rte in ireland) and it's f*****g amazing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it, it kept the pace and the intrigue at the right level. I'm suspicious of Saul too. Damn, I really want to know who the mole is.

One tiny moment that sums up how brilliant it is for me came when Brody's wife threw the Koran to the floor, and his face and actions as it's unthinkable for a Muslim for the book to be placed in an inappropriate place. Small, but it's this attention to detail that places Homeland in a league of it's own- surpassed only by the wonderful, much darker original "Hatufim", Now that is television at it's zenith.

What I want is the willpower to record all the series and then watch it in one glorious weekend.
    It's not going to happen, I have zero willpower, but it's how I came to Homeland Series 1. I think I started watching Episode 1 and didn't turn the telly off for the next several hours. :o It's one of those programmes that is best watched close together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an amazing episode.

I am wondering what the hell will happen to Brody now the confession video is out! I watched that whole episode, especially Carrie running off, with my heart in my mouth. No other TV show gets that reaction from me!
  • MosheMoshe Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Watched the first of season 2 last night. I like the lead acress, but that is all. I think the plot is stupid. I can't stand that terrorist guy and his obnoxious daughter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moshe wrote: »
    Watched the first of season 2 last night. I like the lead acress, but that is all. I think the plot is stupid. I can't stand that terrorist guy and his obnoxious daughter

This is the US pace thread. You might see spoilers here as the US is a week ahead of the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I've not posted in here before but I've just seen episode 2 and WOW what an ending! If Saul is the mole we will know by whatever happens to the recording.

Can't wait for next week!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Wow. Why is this thread so dead.

Episode 2 was a blinder, I loved last week, but this was far, far more the "edge of your seat" drama I got used to last season.

I'm not sure of the policy on spoilers, I would think they are unnecessary in a thread on the US pace but I'll use them just in case.
    the last 5 minutes when Saul finds Brody's suicide tape was completely riveting. I flip flop about him being the mole, and surely Brody's mobile warning to Azir can be traced back to him? Do we think the proverbial hits the fan in the nex episode?

CANT WAIT. :)
  • cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    Bloody Hell, Ep 2 was proper edge of your seat telly! Amazing!

God knows how this story is going to pan out now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched this episode. Very exciting/annoying cliff hanger to leave it on.. this is why I dont like to watch series currently on... because I dont like to wait after cliffhangers!!

I'm not sure if Saul is the mole (I dont really think he is currently) but if anyone saw the spoiler at the end of the episode then next week could be quite a big episode:
    it looks like Brody is going to kill someone... the woman said "he's the one man that knows the truth about you" who else could it be other than Saul... The we see them running through the woods and It sounds like Saul getting rugby tackled by Brody...

Cant stand Brody. Its a tad strange to watch a show where Im routing against the main character. I suppose Carrie is the 2nd main character also, I guess most people are on her side.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent second episode - and what an ending! That answers the "what happened to the recording" question.

One thing though - do you really think that the CIA would use Skype? We aren't even supposed to use it for work use as it's not secure enough.
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Sunday night tv - Boardwalk Empire back, Dexter back and Homeland back.
    I know it's only 2 episodes in but I am thrilled that (so far) Homeland S2 is as good as S1.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    I'm not sure of the policy on spoilers, I would think they are unnecessary in a thread on the US pace but I'll use them just in case.

As per post #1:
    Once it has aired, it's fair game for discussion. Please keep all information and discussion pertaining to unaired episodes within spoiler tags, including promos.
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    As per post #1: :)

:) Thanks
  • Kingsd316Kingsd316 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D4nth3m4n wrote: »
    Just watched this episode. Very exciting/annoying cliff hanger to leave it on.. this is why I dont like to watch series currently on... because I dont like to wait after cliffhangers!!

I'm not sure if Saul is the mole (I dont really think he is currently) but if anyone saw the spoiler at the end of the episode then next week could be quite a big episode:
    it looks like Brody is going to kill someone... the woman said "he's the one man that knows the truth about you" who else could it be other than Saul... The we see them running through the woods and It sounds like Saul getting rugby tackled by Brody...

Cant stand Brody. Its a tad strange to watch a show where Im routing against the main character. I suppose Carrie is the 2nd main character also, I guess most people are on her side.

To me .......
    it looks like the bomb maker from the first series