Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Nickelodeon

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
Kids are going spare because they've come home from school ready to watch TMNJ at 5pm on Nickelodeon and there is no sign of it.
Pretty sure it's only been on for about 6 episodes and I'd read there were loads been signed up.

Anyone know what's happened. Is it on a mid-season break or something?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Yep looks like Nic is repeating from the beginning so they give the USA some time to air more episodes.
    I did have the next episode set on sky+ BUT they pulled it.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this a new cartoon or that japenese style one they made a few years back?
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    is this a new cartoon or that japenese style one they made a few years back?

It's a new re-telling of the original 80's cartoon. They even use a leit-motif of the original theme tune.
    I watched the first episode on Sky On Demand. It was okay. But at least Michelangelo gets to use his nunchuks now, and they're ninjas and not heroes ;)

I don't think it's going to reignite the Turtles frenzy of the late 80's / early 90's though.
    Remember the Apple Pie pizzas, Asda used to sell?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deano0501 wrote: »
    It's a new re-telling of the original 80's cartoon. They even use a leit-motif of the original theme tune.
    I watched the first episode on Sky On Demand. It was okay. But at least Michelangelo gets to use his nunchuks now, and they're ninjas and not heroes ;)

I don't think it's going to reignite the Turtles frenzy of the late 80's / early 90's though.
    Remember the Apple Pie pizzas, Asda used to sell?

i was obssesed with turtles in late eighties/early 90s...i love them

will give this new show a lil watch,whens it on next
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i was obssesed with turtles in late eighties/early 90s...i love them

will give this new show a lil watch,whens it on next

My Sky+ app tells me this afternoon, NickToons (NOT Nickelodeon) 5pm. And it's the first episode, "Rise Of The Turtles, part.1" Best time to start watching I'd say :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeh thaks i just remote recorded it :)

seen the trailer,so its cgi? the cgi turtles movie was quality to be fair,i just hope its not too kiddified.
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New episodes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

http://www.nick.co.uk/shows/turtles/

Roll on November 24th.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saw the first episode,i loved it persoanlly, found it really funny and i am an adult now in my 30s lol

the funniest moments were splinter "i must mediiate hard on this........its leonardo!"

and when leonardo was doing all the hand signals and raphael came out with "i....dont....know.what....that...means!"

doesnt seem like many storylines will be serious but the show should be fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is an awesome show, its nons top gags like family guy

i dig it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Just to check has everyone else been waiting a few weeks now for a new episode? Last one I saw was "Mojo Rising"