Forgot my Apple ID

CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have forgotten my Apple ID. I tried to reset it but when I go through the options to retrieve my Apple ID, it resets my password instead so I have no way of finding out.

Is there any other way of finding it?

Comments

• CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »

I've done that twice, it just sends me a link to reset my password, nothing on my Apple ID
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have you actually clicked on the link?
    it asked you to fill out a form so that i can provide the ID.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have you actually clicked on the link?
    it asked you to fill out a form so that i can provide the ID.

Yes. Three times now. I fill out the details, then press next and it says "Reset Password" so I just pressed next again and it sends me an email to reset my password.

This is very frustrating and is making me think twice about purchasing anything, it's not like I am able to anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i see two option once the form is filled in.
    1) email authentication
    2) answer security questions

i assume you've tried both?

btw - it's not apple's fault that you have forgotten your ID, so not sure why it would make you think twice about purchasing anything.

if none of this works then i would suggest contacting iTunes store support for assistance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i see two option once the form is filled in.
    1) email authentication
    2) answer security questions

i assume you've tried both?

btw - it's not apple's fault that you have forgotten your ID, so not sure why it would make you think twice about purchasing anything.

if none of this works then i would suggest contacting iTunes store support for assistance.

I only see the option of email authentication which just sends a link to reset my password.

Apple should provide a working way to retrieve Apple ID, so it is their fault I cannot purchase anything. I will go elsewhere.

Thanks for your help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've tried 3 different computers on 2 different Internet connections with no luck.

Thanks anyway.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CuBz90 wrote: »
    I have forgotten my Apple ID. I tried to reset it but when I go through the options to retrieve my Apple ID, it resets my password instead so I have no way of finding out.

Is there any other way of finding it?
    Your Apple ID is often your email address.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stig wrote: »

not necessarily.
    mine isn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »

Thank You. I'm in.

I wasn't aware I could use my email address.

Thanks for helping rudelessly :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

if that's a dig then i think you need to look up the word rude. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if that's a dig then i think you need to look up the word rude. :rolleyes:

It wasn't a dig at you at all. On other websites when asking for help on anything to do with Apple, apparently it's always my fault, some people adore apple too much and cannot find one thing wrong with it. I myself do not like Apple as a company but I am buying gifts for other people.
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't a dig at you at all. On other websites when asking for help on anything to do with Apple, apparently it's always my fault, some people adore apple too much and cannot find one thing wrong with it. I myself do not like Apple as a company but I am buying gifts for other people.

So if you forget your online banking details is it the banks fault?
  • RoushRoush Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you follow the change password link that got emailed to you? I've just gone through this process and it told me the email address of my Apple ID on the password reset page.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwball wrote: »
    So if you forget your online banking details is it the banks fault?

No I didn't say that. But my bank let's me simply reset/retrieve my details.

Apple is a completely different story because no matter what the problem is, "iFans" jump in and start being rude saying it's all my fault and apple is 100% perfect. Sorry but not being able to retrieve my ID is not my fault. It's my fault that I forgot it like millions of others do, but it's not my fault I cannot retrieve my ID, and any non iFan would agree.

I can spot a iFan a mile off.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank You. I'm in.

I wasn't aware I could use my email address.

You're welcome. Glad to help.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not necessarily.
    mine isn't.

Maybe thats why they said "often"? :confused:
  • RoushRoush Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I didn't say that. But my bank let's me simply reset/retrieve my details.

Apple is a completely different story because no matter what the problem is, "iFans" jump in and start being rude saying it's all my fault and apple is 100% perfect. Sorry but not being able to retrieve my ID is not my fault. It's my fault that I forgot it like millions of others do, but it's not my fault I cannot retrieve my ID, and any non iFan would agree.

I can spot a iFan a mile off.

As I pointed out above, if you'd have actually followed the link to reset your password it would have told you the Apple ID you were resetting the password for.

It's not Apple's fault that you incorrectly assumed it was only a password reset link and didn't follow it.

After all, the form you filled out was about recovering a forgotten ID, and you then didn't complete all the instructions you were given in the email.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roush wrote: »
    As I pointed out above, if you'd have actually followed the link to reset your password it would have told you the Apple ID you were resetting the password for.

It's not Apple's fault that you incorrectly assumed it was only a password reset link and didn't follow it.

After all, the form you filled out was about recovering a forgotten ID, and you then didn't complete all the instructions you were given in the email.

As I said earlier, when filling in the form with my Name and email, I was then taken to a page that said 'Reset your Apple ID password'. This was confusing me at first but I continued and was then given instructions to reset my password. If my ID was displayed on the page they didn't make it clear enough and therefore it is their fault that it isn't clear enough. Now your next reply will be something like "if I noticed then everyone else should" but that's not necessarily true. People like me who have never accessed the Apple website before are going to miss things that are not stated clearly.

When trying to retrieve my ID the only email I received other than the change of password confirmation, was the email show below:
    Dear **********,
    To reset your Apple ID password, simply click the link below. That will take you to a web page where you can create a new password.
    Please note that the link will expire three hours after this email was sent.
    Reset your Apple ID password(this is a link)

There was no instructions on retrieving my ID. You can fight for Apple as much as you like, at the end of the day it's just another website that needs some functions made clearer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Essentially, you've failed to follow a very simple set of instructions. It guides you through it completely. If you're retrieving your Apple ID you also have to reset the password for security reasons. I don't understand what the problem is.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apple ID = email address. It's rather simple, and quite clear on the Apple website and on iOS devices.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Apple ID = email address. It's rather simple, and quite clear on the Apple website and on iOS devices.

as previously stated, this is not necessarily the case.