Is Cilla Black the most unpleasant person in showbiz?

Comments

• sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I remember her shock exit on Blind Date, that says it all really. I went to Liverpool and there was no mention of Cilla Black but everything about The Beatles. Says a lot.

Cilla doesn't have many fans in Liverpool! She's best ignored ... besides - she's hardly left anything of note worth talking about.
  • fozzie74fozzie74 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    When i saw Paul McCartney in concert in Liverpool Dec 2011, he mentioned Cilla and a lot of the crowd booed! And he was gobsmacked!

There's a youtube clip here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFzi_HJ_h2o
  • Beady Eye 2013Beady Eye 2013 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Cilla doesn't have many fans in Liverpool! She's best ignored ... besides - she's hardly left anything of note worth talking about.

Wow I never knew either she was so loathed.
    fozzie74 wrote: »
    When i saw Paul McCartney in concert in Liverpool Dec 2011, he mentioned Cilla and a lot of the crowd booed! And he was gobsmacked!

There's a youtube clip here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFzi_HJ_h2o

Ouch! First time ever I have liked Paul Mac as well after all his negative press!
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I never knew either she was so loathed.

Ouch! First time ever I have liked Paul Mac as well after all his negative press!

Maybe you shouldn`t take any notice of "negative press". Anyway, to me he doesn`t look "gobsmacked" at all.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Pablo79 wrote: »
    Julie said she believed Cilla used the comments to try to spice up the show's flagging ratings.

She added: "It wasn't Blind Date, it was Blind Hate"

lol!!
    Forum Member
    Misty08 wrote: »
    Maybe you shouldn`t take any notice of "negative press". Anyway, to me he doesn`t look "gobsmacked" at all.

Well when you're there it seemed it! If you don't call it "gobsmacked" well he faked surprise reaction of "how can you" kind of thing then, to me that's like gobsmacked ;)
    It was funny anyway, his reaction and then the crowd - they booed his mention of the royal wedding as well :p
    I've seen Paul in concert 17 times so i guess i'm biased ;)
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like ITV (as though they couldn't get any more downmarket) are going to be celebrating Cilla's 50 years in showbiz this autumn in a special, one-off programme.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-celebrates-cillas-50-years-showbusiness

Cue exaggerated accent and lots of fake tears.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Looks like ITV (as though they couldn't get any more downmarket) are going to be celebrating Cilla's 50 years in showbiz this autumn in a special, one-off programme.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-celebrates-cillas-50-years-showbusiness

Cue exaggerated accent and lots of fake tears.

Think that's one thing I won't be jotting down in the diary. :p

Thanks for the alert all the same ;)
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »

Too right, I will be giving that a miss for sure. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Too right, I will be giving that a miss for sure. :p

Same! I suppose it puts paid to the rumour that she had so upset an ITV lackey - who then made it big in the company - that she was banished to the wilderness (unless the individual in question has moved on him or herself).

I can just imagine the bottom-kissing sycophancy that will comprise this show, as 'our Cilla' name-drops her celebrity friends (and the Beatles) whilst trying to appear as 'humble' as possible...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same! I suppose it puts paid to the rumour that she had so upset an ITV lackey - who then made it big in the company - that she was banished to the wilderness (unless the individual in question has moved on him or herself).

I can just imagine the bottom-kissing sycophancy that will comprise this show, as 'our Cilla' name-drops her celebrity friends (and the Beatles) whilst trying to appear as 'humble' as possible...

Absolutely.

And I bet there's no mention of cabin crew, lol!
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can easily see Cilla Black get the right Jimmy Savile treatment after she dies, seriously
  • chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can jot it down though just so you know that on that day in question you do not turn ITV on under any circumstances :D
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, and I thought Christa Ackroyd was 'difficult'!

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just spotted her on Paul O'Grady's show about the working class, laying on her Scouse as thickly as possible whilst saying, 'I'm woooookin' classss, an' I'll be wooooookin' class ti me graaaave'. Yes, Cilla. That's how you speak in real life, isn't it?
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just spotted her on Paul O'Grady's show about the working class, laying on her Scouse as thickly as possible whilst saying, 'I'm woooookin' classss, an' I'll be wooooookin' class ti me graaaave'. Yes, Cilla. That's how you speak in real life, isn't it?

i've just watched that. I like Paul O'Grady, he comes across as a nice chap so i can't see why he is friends with her, apart from the fact her social circle seems gay orientated :confused:
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well when you're there it seemed it! If you don't call it "gobsmacked" well he faked surprise reaction of "how can you" kind of thing then, to me that's like gobsmacked ;)
    It was funny anyway, his reaction and then the crowd - they booed his mention of the royal wedding as well :p
    I've seen Paul in concert 17 times so i guess i'm biased ;)

If you`ve seen him 17 times you should know his sense of humour by now!;)That`s definitely fake-shock.
    Forum Member

Misty08 wrote: »
    If you`ve seen him 17 times you should know his sense of humour by now!;) That`s definitely fake-shock.

hehe, i know it is - that's why i said and i quote "well he faked surprise reaction of "how can you" kind of thing!"

Anyway, we're off the subject now, point is Cilla got booed at a Liverpool Paul gig :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    I can easily see Cilla Black get the right Jimmy Savile treatment after she dies, seriously

Yikes. I can't stand her but I wouldn't think she comes close. She might be a royal PITA for some of us but I couldn't, for the life of me, put her in the same bracket as him.
  • user986user986 Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »

I doubt she can sink that low but never say never. From this thread I gather she is not that loved, is she?
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's definitely not the love of the loved :D

Ghastly person (I know from people who've worked with her). But I still like one or two of her records :).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    the thing that gets me more than anything else is that she's now a born again **** hag hanging out with the likes of Paul O'Grady and Dale Winton when she's actually a nasty homophobic bitch ... I was assistant manager/chef in a restaurant quite a few years back and she and her odious husband Bobby came in and they had a disagreement with one of our waiting staff and she demanded that the manager fire "the filthy little queer" (her exact words) and he sent the waiter in question home, I actually quit my job over it because I wanted to throw the toothy bitch out but the manager couldn't lick her arse enough .... she's a prize bitch of the highest order!!
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigGavSW9 wrote: »
    the thing that gets me more than anything else is that she's now a born again **** hag hanging out with the likes of Paul O'Grady and Dale Winton when she's actually a nasty homophobic bitch ... I was assistant manager/chef in a restaurant quite a few years back and she and her odious husband Bobby came in and they had a disagreement with one of our waiting staff and she demanded that the manager fire "the filthy little queer" (her exact words) and he sent the waiter in question home, I actually quit my job over it because I wanted to throw the toothy bitch out but the manager couldn't lick her arse enough .... she's a prize bitch of the highest order!!

wow, I don't think I've read a good word about her. Shame on your boss for sending the waiter home and not asking her to leave. I hope you found a new job quickly.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With luck the ITV show tonight will have viewing figures that will make sure she doesn't waste another hour of primetime TV.

there's another "darling soap Actress" who gives the impression she is still the same down to earth person hasn't changed. Delivery Drivers will tell you a totally different story its only a matter of time before its out in the public
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    With luck the ITV show tonight will have viewing figures that will make sure she doesn't waste another hour of primetime TV.

there's another "darling soap Actress" who gives the impression she is still the same down to earth person hasn't changed. Delivery Drivers will tell you a totally different story its only a matter of time before its out in the public

ohh, can you please give another clue:o:D or the soap she is on
This discussion has been closed.