BBC THREE HD and CBBC HD placeholders now up

Comments

• Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    eladkse wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been mentioned a few times already on this thread (and the one in the broadcasting forum): they are to launch on a new multiplex that is being rolled out over the next year. It's currently testing at Crystal Palace, but there are no placeholders.

Would you like to correct your post?
  • RodneyRodney Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Im sure that Ive seen a date of 10th Dec somewhere. a516's site is saying that it will be mid Dec which fits

If it's going to be around this time, then the Beeb will most likely use the launch of the Christmas schedule as the switch-on date. Also no doubt flagged up on The One Show by Alex & Matt.
  • bushbox browserbushbox browser Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Well I doubt Channel 5 HD will appear on freeview any time soon, on sky the HD version now requires the HD sub.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has happened to DS formatting? I'm getting just the text and none of the graphic images, which makes DS look like a 1990s timewarp but harder to read because it's designed for graphics.
  • jimbojimbo Posts: 16,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OwenSmith wrote: »
    What has happened to DS formatting? I'm getting just the text and none of the graphic images, which makes DS look like a 1990s timewarp but harder to read because it's designed for graphics.

That usually happens if you have a slow connection. Try rebooting your modem or router or rebooting your PC.

If it shows only test in the old fashioned way, it often means your computer or system needs a reboot as it cannot pass enough data through.

Hope that helps. Let us know how you get on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »
    That usually happens if you have a slow connection. Try rebooting your modem or router or rebooting your PC.

If it shows only test in the old fashioned way, it often means your computer or system needs a reboot as it cannot pass enough data through.

Hope that helps. Let us know how you get on.

I'm on a fast leased line at work, and all other web sites are working fine. Bandwidth is not the problem. Even if I right click and try to forcible display images, they don't dispay. I just get a red cross where every image is, as if they are all broken links.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK - but that is what happens with me if RAM memory is low or the modem needs a reboot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »
    OK - but that is what happens with me if RAM memory is low or the modem needs a reboot.

I have 2.5GB free RAM. The "modem" is in our machine room and is only accessible to our IT department, and it really isn't the problem.

I am using IE8, does DS still support that? We use Windows XP and policy forces us to use IE, so IE8 is the latest browser I can use.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    OwenSmith wrote: »
    I have 2.5GB free RAM. The "modem" is in our machine room and is only accessible to our IT department, and it really isn't the problem.

I am using IE8, does DS still support that? We use Windows XP and policy forces us to use IE, so IE8 is the latest browser I can use.

I will say that I've started getting the same problem at work, and it appears the stylesheets are getting blocked, so that's likely your problem (we use an external filtered proxy, your company is probably using the same one). The site still works, so unless you want to kick up a fuss with your IT department, I suggest to put up with it.

However, this is of no relevance to this topic or forum, please can you take it to General if you want to discuss it further.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/tags/HD from 22 November 2013 the regeneration of the BBC Red Button HD channel.
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    Latest http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/tags/HD from 22 November 2013 the regeneration of the BBC Red Button HD channel.

I was under the impression that BBC 3 HD and CBeebie HD would launch in the early part of December though I never heard this come from the horse’s mouth but going by Alix Pryde statement it sounds like in the New Year...

“I’m sure you’re keen to know when the launch will be but I’m afraid you’ll have to wait a little longer to find out. I’ll post again with an update towards the end of the year. However, in the meantime, I can let you know that the capacity vacated by BBC Red Button HD will be used to broadcast BBC News HD on satellite and BBC Three HD and CBBC HD on Freeview HD/Youview.”

...or does she mean by “meantime” the week after next?
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say the latter.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    I would say the latter.

As it's been mooted that BBC Four HD will up and running before Borgen finishes, I'd agree. The last two episodes are three weeks tonight.
  • Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    As it's been mooted that BBC Four HD will up and running before Borgen finishes, I'd agree. The last two episodes are three weeks tonight.

I'd plump for 10th December, the day the second batch of COM7 transmitters go live.

Which ties in with what you reckon.
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why have they still not announced the exact launch dates?

Surely they must know by now.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    Surely they must know by now.
    It is fairly well-established that nowhere near everything that is known is announced.
  • Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alix Pryde said in a comment on her blog post this morning that:

' the Red Button HD slot becomes those new services eventually, not immediately. There is still technical and commercial work to do ahead of launching the new services. We're working as fast as we can and we'll confirm timings as soon as we are in a position to do so'.

So there could be good reason why a date hasn't been announced just yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason being the one Alix has given: there is work to be done and in the interests of accuracy, there was not much point in putting a due date that might not be achieved in her post on 22nd.

Good to see that page 9990's 'Using ... ' has been trimmed for page length a little.

Page 998 will be updated in due course, I am sure.
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The PMT, video and audio PIDs that were still in use on BBCB by the former LCN303 red button have been removed this morning. This may be to make way for the imminent arrival of a test BBC3/CBBC HD feed. I'll post again if anything appears.
  • Secret-SquirrelSecret-Squirrel Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No mention of when the new BBC HD channels go live in the Radio Times as yet. This includes all issues up to Dec 20th
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No mention of when the new BBC HD channels go live in the Radio Times as yet. This includes all issues up to Dec 20th
    According to the Freeview EPG, CBBC, CBeebies, BBC 3 and BBC4 HD all start on Tuesday 10th December. I'm sorry if this has all been posted already, but the forums are so hard to use now. :(
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    According to the Freeview EPG, CBBC, CBeebies, BBC 3 and BBC4 HD all start on Tuesday 10th December. I'm sorry if this has all been posted already, but the forums are so hard to use now. :(

I think that's new kasg. I can see the following times for start of HD programming on 10th:

73 CBBC HD - 7am
    74 CBeebies HD - 6am
    105 BBC THREE HD - 7pm
    106 BBC FOUR HD - 7pm
    107 BBC NEWS HD - 8:30am

SD equivalents on Freeview also showing the "also in HD" links with appropriate CRIDs. No sign of "Also in HD" yet in the Sky EPG.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can use an easier version if you click here

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/?styleid=54

(copy and paste)!!
    Then you can use it far more eaily. Easier to read etc. That one is meant for mobiles, but if you are partially sighted this version should make it easer.

Note that only thread titles appear. Click to open thread at page one, then the double arrow takes you to the end and the single arrow goes one page at a time.

To see latest post, open threads and click double arrow on the right if multiple page thread. If one page, just click on thread title.

Hope that helps anyone.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still can't get any signal on 33 or 34 from Divis, have they started testing in any form? Should I be able to find something to tune in yet? I don't want to find out I can't receive COM7 and can't get BBC 4 or CBeebies in HD. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't get it. Pre-DSO I could pick them up, 34 in particular being strong enough despite only being transmitted at 3kW and us being 40 odd miles away.