Playing it Straight making a return

Comments

• BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Sven getting hate on twitter? That's a bit harsh! He never made it personal, it was all about the money! He was just playing a good game! Fair play to him. Didn't want him to win but don't in any way dislike him!
  • LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Layzeegoat wrote: »
    Yeah, he accidentally said he was one of the gay guys, but this could have been a genuine slip of the tongue! Remember that Jordan replied 18 when Cara asked him how old he was when he came out! He probably thought she meant came out to Spain or something similar!

The "tramp stamp" (but not necessarily the Aussiebums) and uncertainty in his eyes when questioned about his sexuality make me doubt Dean. However, I think now he's more likely to be straight than the other three that are left!

I wasn't able to watch the show live, otherwise I would have joined the discussion earlier. Bummer (pardon the pun)!

I had a feeling Dean was the only straight one left (as mentioned earlier). As soon as I saw his (very genuine) reaction to Danny's admission, I was absolutely convinced and found myself shouting at the screen "pick Dean"! Their last date made it all the more obvious to me that he was the only one telling the truth.

I got Sven right from the start and initially got the other three wrong. I should have known all along that Sam was gay, but it seemed far too obvious. I was right about his feelings for Cara not being genuine though.

Really happy for Cara. I think she's a lovely (and very pretty) girl. I hope she soon finds her dream man, if it isn't Dean.

Right, I'm going to go back and read all those spoilers now! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Layzeegoat
    Merrt =P
    MB88
    smile371
    misssf
    Abigail88
    Black Dagger
    scratchy23
    natalieb
    lazychild
    no1_chris_fan
    Caro07
    cloudy

and myself, all said Danny was straight so we are all out after just one reveal lol.

Yeah, I guessed in the last week or two I'd probably got that one wrong. The only one I felt sure about was Sven. However, I stuck with my original guesses just in case! Danny's still cute though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I got 3/4 so I guess my gaydar isn't that bad. And I still pride myself on knowing David was gay.

If only I could find a decent straight guy :'(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, looks like I have the gaydar of a blind housefly.

Can't believe I was so convinced that Danny and Sven were straight and Dean gay... were do I go from here... genuinely thought I was some sort of master.

The embarrassment...
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    - Levi (Gay)
    - Kyle (Straight)
    - Sven (Gay)
    - Danny (Straight)
    - Leroy (Gay)
    - David (Gay)
    - Fillipo (Straight)
    - Dean (Straight)
    - Andrei (Straight)
    - Sam (Gay)
    - Ben (Straight)

These were my predictions at the beginning. I was right about Sven AND Dean :D (and also Sam, but not Danny).
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fletcher - Gay
    Sam - Straight
    Levi - Straight
    Sven - Gay
    Filippo - Gay
    Kyle - Gay
    Dean - Straight
    Danny - Gay
    Leroy - Gay
    David - Gay
    Andrei - Straight

Pahaha, it looks like I didn't do bad at all I have to say. :D

Didn't have Ben on here for some reason though. Can't believe I put Sam as straight though :o Suppose with minimal airtime... Didn't make any predictions for the 2 new guys either I don't think once they came.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lazychild wrote: »

Can't believe I was so convinced that Danny and Sven were straight and Dean gay... were do I go from here... genuinely thought I was some sort of master.

The embarrassment...

Don't feel bad. My success rate from my original guesses is only 60% (out of 10 guys who were in it after I started watching). Sven is the only one in the final four I guessed correctly from the start.

I originally thought Danny was straight and Dean gay. I started to change my mind about them over the last two weeks, so I wasn't surprised by any of the revelations tonight. After Danny left, I felt sure Dean was the last straight man standing. However, I couldn't be 100% sure until all was revealed. Gripping stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Is Sven getting hate on twitter? That's a bit harsh! He never made it personal, it was all about the money! He was just playing a good game! Fair play to him. Didn't want him to win but don't in any way dislike him!

Totally agree with you on all points. He played a good game, but somehow I guessed that's what he was doing. Pity some of my other guesses were so way off!
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, what an amazing final! Have loved this so much (more so than i probably should :o) am so gunna miss not watching it every week!

VERY shocked about Danny! But am really glad to see him and Ben get together as they both seem really lovely people (although, yes i am a little bit jealous as they make such a hot couple!) Does anyone know if Dean and Danny's bromance continuted after the show?

Totally don't get any of the Sven hate, i think i've actually fallen in love with him over the series :o Not only is he hot, but he seems such an honest guy (well apart from the obvious :p) and i love his sense of humour!

Glad Cara did walk away with the money though, as she seemed a totally lovely girl, and she did well to find a straight guy (even with specially edited hightlights most of us couldn't manage it :p)

Gunna have to check out the original series online now, although i think it'll take alot to beat this current cast!

As to someone who asked about the ratings earlier, it's getting about 200,000 which is really poor, about half the normal slot average, so hopes of another series are pretty slim :(

(And i don't think it's normal to still be up at half 1 hunting reality contestants down on twitter is it?! :p)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what do you have to say for yourselves for all you people saying Danny was straight and won?
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just sending Sven a lovely tweet after all the unjust hate on Twitter for him. :cool:

I don't think any if it is unjust. He is a cocky arrogant and pretentious fool and that's just from watching him on this show (and I don't think that was because he was "playing" it straight neither, once a bellend, always a bellend). From some earlier posts I get that this is emulated in real life.
  • Mister MaganeseMister Maganese Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    I don't think any if it is unjust. He is a cocky arrogant and pretentious fool and that's just from watching him on this show (and I don't think that was because he was "playing" it straight neither, once a bellend, always a bellend). From some earlier posts I get that this is emulated in real life.

Indeed. A heavily edited entertainment programme. The amount of people willing to take at face value whatever they've been presented with is an indictment to our dimwitted society.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this thread not in the reality TV section?
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping the ratings were good enough to secure a third series.

It's fantastic trash TV.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. A heavily edited entertainment programme. The amount of people willing to take at face value whatever they've been presented with is an indictment to our dimwitted society.

Are you calling me dimwitted or agreeing with me I can't tell?
  • cloudycloudy Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping the ratings were good enough to secure a third series.

It's fantastic trash TV.

Totally agree. It's one of the best reality shows out there.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am pretty sure I got all of them spot on as I said Dean was the only straight one!!
  • LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too hope we get another series. It really did restore my faith in reality TV (trash TV if you will) well done to everyone involved.
    Most of the boys were fantastic and proved you don't have to act like a bellend to win a gameshow (last Shipwrecked cast take note ;):rolleyes:)
    Alan Carr voice over is definatley going to be one of tv highlights of 2012. My fave quip was from the camping trip when Cara said she wasn't sure on Levi cause he was too much of a nice guy Cara: I do like arseholes Alan: lets hope for your sake Levi doesn't feel the same way! :p:D

The boys gave him so much material to work with haha and thanks to Danny I will now always think of the gherkin as the Cucumber building :)
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »

At least Sven didn't mess around with Kara's head like Sam did. Sven told her from the start he didn't fancy her (even if he was supposedly straight :D), thus ensuring she couldn't be hurt emotionally by him like she was with Sam.Whether Sven did it just to make it easier for himself when playing it straight, or whether he also played it that way not to hurt Kara isn't certain but I thought Sam played a much crueller game by stringing her along.

I thought Sven played the game well and almost won. He had me fooled up until the penultimate episode when I began having my doubts.

I am really pleased Dean won together with Kara - he is lovely :D!! I must admit I wasn't sure whether he was gay/straight, but when he was talking to Kara during the horse and cart ride he definitely came across as the most sincere as well as his shocked reaction to Danny's coming out as gay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lazychild wrote: »

The embarrassment...

Don't worry I thought the same up until last week - I am a victim to editing I think :o - I think the way the show was edited they tried to give the impression that some of the straight guys like Dean were gay and vice versa with eg Sven. I am sure the producers also fed lines to some of the contestants to make them appear more gay/straight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    She had the odds stacked against her the whole show. There were 8 gay guys and 5 straight ones. Hardly fair!

Very happy for her and I can't believe Sven was gay!

Originally it was supposed to be 6 straight guys and 7 gay which was more evenly stacked but you may recall that one of the straight guys walked out before the end of episode 1 and was replaced by a gay guy, Ben, so it went from 6/7 to 5/8 - so they really reduced the odds for her which I agree wasn't very fair but she managed to beat the odds in a final when she only had a one in four chance of picking the straight guy - well done Cara!!

Agree - Sven was definitely the biggest shocker!!
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny was a shocker.:eek: Sven was a shocker though towards the end I did begin to suspect him as he seemed a little too good to be true.

I am sort of pleased that Dean won as he'd been my pick from the beginning.
  • Almira GAlmira G Posts: 18,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is this thread not in the reality TV section?

Because some of those men may have been lying/acting/playing it straight? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    iv read around on the internet today and it seems everybody is shocked that Danny was gay. I knew he was gay I could tell by everything about him, even if he walked past me in the street id just know - he is very camp. i dont understand how people got the impression hes straight?

I just cannot piece together in my mind how Dean is straight? He really came across that he was hiding a secret and I didnt find his reaction to Danny being gay as genuine. so i also dont understand how i failed to spot his sexuality haha, I think everybodys gaydars were fooled by E4 , it was a brilliant series.

Sven is a complete bell end... I think the hatred is pretty justified, i dislike the fact that he was so anti gay and put on an act that at times bordered on homophobic and then he turned out to be one. sneaky man

Does anybody know what Jordans last name is? dont wanna forget him in a hurry he was beautiful :)