hollyoaks- does myra wear a fat suit

SophiaK70SophiaK70 Posts: 485
Forum Member
have you noticed on the show when she wears tracki bottoms she looks huge but irl at awards etc she looks just a bit curvy size 16/18 ish

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    I think she just has awful clothes as Myra. People often look simmer when wearing better made, tailored clothes. In HO she wears tracksuits and tshirts which don't do her any favours. In real life she is probably much better dressed.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    She's another actress that looks better in real life.
  • Kirsty.sKirsty.s Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    No she doesn't. (She's my nieces mother in law) it's just the way they dress the character.
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    I was surprised to read just recently that she's only 38 in real life, I thought she was a bit older than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's only five years older than Claire Cooper then. That must be the smallest age gap between actors playing parent and child in soap? Hilarious!

I was surprised to learn she's married to Liam Fox, aka Dan Spencer off Emmerdale.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Interesting real life info but I'd always just assumed that they dress her deliberately badly in trackies etc, minimal make up (and bad make up when she does make an effort) and finally posture makes a huge difference.

Also, I doubt she is even the 16/18 mentioned above. Probably more a 14 (so normal or a little less) but compared to the size 6 or 8 abnormally thin and / or glam actresses in their early 20s she looks big.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised to read just recently that she's only 38 in real life, I thought she was a bit older than that.

38? Are you sure? No offence to the actress, but she looks 10 years older than that.

So she was only 31 when she first appeared?! Are you absolutely sure about her age?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    38? Are you sure? No offence to the actress, but she looks 10 years older than that.

So she was only 31 when she first appeared?! Are you absolutely sure about her age?!

I think she is 43, born 1969.

Well there is a Nicole Karen Lane born 1969, mothers maiden name Barber. Actresses do tend to retain their maiden name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry off topic but it is related to Myra. I am a few episodes behind (upto her debt SL). She said she borrowed it for the wedding, but there was no wedding so where did all that money go?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry off topic but it is related to Myra. I am a few episodes behind (upto her debt SL). She said she borrowed it for the wedding, but there was no wedding so where did all that money go?

It's an enigma. Actually it's been asked on this forum many times. Myra borrowed £5k. Now owes £7k but nothing seems to have been purchased. It would have been better, if they had explained it away, somehow but just another HO unanswered question.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    JoToBo wrote: »
    It's an enigma. Actually it's been asked on this forum many times. Myra borrowed £5k. Now owes £7k but nothing seems to have been purchased. It would have been better, if they had explained it away, somehow but just another HO unanswered question.

Yes I've wondered that. I also wondered why they don't just ask Dr Browning for the money or at least a loan. I'm sure he'd happily stump up.

Of course the excuse there wil be he and Mercedes are in Las Vegas so will have no access to telephones or internet :rolleyes:

I think I looked up Myras age when they were all so shocked that "a woman of her age" could be pregnant, as I thought she was only in her 30s but it had her down as 47
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    it hink the smallest age gap between mother and daughter is between gail mcintyre and audrey roberts from corrie!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it hink the smallest age gap between mother and daughter is between gail mcintyre and audrey roberts from corrie!

The actor who played Alistair Longford (late, rich husband of Cindy in Hollyoaks) is older than the actress playing his mother.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Seriously? Oh god, she looks much older!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I've wondered that. I also wondered why they don't just ask Dr Browning for the money or at least a loan. I'm sure he'd happily stump up.

Of course the excuse there wil be he and Mercedes are in Las Vegas so will have no access to telephones or internet :rolleyes:

I think I looked up Myras age when they were all so shocked that "a woman of her age" could be pregnant, as I thought she was only in her 30s but it had her down as 47

Yup Myra is 46, turning 47 this year.