Has anyone had a go at you on DS?

Comments

• bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    Yes, and with good reason so I will hold no grudge against anyone who pulled me up. I deserved everything that I got.

Oh, that was barely worth worrying about. The over indignant reaction was ludicrous frankly. More time was spent on that than the subject matter of the thread.

Pandora 9 wrote: »
    I have actually made friends with some women I have met on sites and we have chatted on the phone. I would not however make friends with any men I meet on line because of a bad experience I had a few years ago.

I know one person on here and am facebook friends with them. But it will be forever limited to that one person.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    Yes, and with good reason so I will hold no grudge against anyone who pulled me up. I deserved everything that I got.

Leave it! Leave IT! LEAVE IT! :D
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Leave it! Leave IT! LEAVE IT! :D

Okay!! Message received and understood (even if I do still feel ashamed.) :D
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People having a go at you goes with the territory in any robust debate.

But there are a cadre of posters on here who, when you examine their posts, seem to have set themselves up as permacritics of others, whilst never actually having the courage to put their own honestly held views on the line for all to see. In fact you virtually never see a pleasant, friendly post from them. Nor for that matter, a thread, certainly not on a controversial issue.

They're the ones I can't stand, because essentially they are cowards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    today? Not so far. But generally I'm fairly opinionated (shocker!) and many don't like it. Last altercation was with a troll hunter accusing me of trolling. Irony was not only was he a brand new member, but if you went through his history he accuses everyone of the same thing! Very odd.

Oh actually since then I did get a bit snarky in the pets in cages debate. But the pet forum is a whole different world to GD. You have to prepare yourself before entering, as us pet owners all have different opinions on EVERYTHING (particularly pack theory, indoor/outdoor cats and CAGES :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    today? Not so far. But generally I'm fairly opinionated (shocker!) and many don't like it. Last altercation was with a troll hunter accusing me of trolling. Irony was not only was he a brand new member, but if you went through his history he accuses everyone of the same thing! Very odd.

Oh actually since then I did get a bit snarky in the pets in cages debate. But the pet forum is a whole different world to GD. You have to prepare yourself before entering, as us pet owners all have different opinions on EVERYTHING (particularly pack theory, indoor/outdoor cats and CAGES :D)

Don't mention Ragdolls! :eek:

:cry:
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Occasionally people have been 'disrespectful' or tried to bait me or otherwise transgress but I don't take it personally enough to feel they've 'had a go' at me.
  • gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    Often. The politics forum is a scary place :eek:
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once made a jokey comment on one certain TV personality here on Showbiz and some other FMs got upset & took their umbrage out on me. I thought: wow, these folks are seriously weird, probably hardcore fans who won't hear a bad word against this person or they're either professional WUMs.

Also I've received some downright disrepectful comments here too which rendered other FMs inactive and rightly so. The language used was so :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Don't mention Ragdolls! :eek:

:cry:

shhh.....:D
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a few disagreeances in my short time here, but nothing I didn't expect. I don't know them people personally so I don't mind, they also have an opinion which I will always respect.

I enjoy a good debate, probably the main reason I joined up.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep only on one thread though, I even got a few nasty PM's :o

I couldn't give a flying fcuk to be honest.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, not that I can recall. I don't really get into debates or anything like that though. I've had disagreements in PMs but I wouldn't say they were having a go at me.
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueBlade just called me a WUM over on another thread :(
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    a few in the smokers thread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a few in the smokers thread

They must have been in need of a cig to calm them down :D
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you hold a strong opinion on a particular subject that is at varience with the majority of posters then it usually ends in tears.
    I am not talking about WUMs etc.
    I sometimes suspect there are a lot of posters who just agree with the more vocal posters cos it easier.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pah! A kindergarten. You should try elsewhere!

The OP does seem pathologically obsessed with niceness. Yesterday it was how beautiful multicultural areas are. Earlier, how friendly everyone is on DS.

I wish to disassociate myself with any pleasantry or niceness in general.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    Pah! A kindergarten. You should try elsewhere!

The OP does seem pathologically obsessed with niceness. Yesterday it was how beautiful multicultural areas are. Earlier, how friendly everyone is on DS.

I wish to disassociate myself with any pleasantry or niceness in general.

Bah humbug! :p
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, I have an BA in Politics and an MA in Public Policy but wouldn't dare go into the Politics forum! :eek:
  • FlufanFlufan Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Only about my grammar, I was called illiterate. I don't mind being corrected but I don't think you need to be rude when you do correct someone.

Talking of which...
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    I think bollocks is ok! ;):D

I think you mean that you think that bollocks are ok! :D
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I post in the politics forum as someone critical of Conservative policy, so yes. Often. :D

The best times I like is when I get an issue that I post about, provide my own slant and opinion on it, get accused of 'sensationalising' the topic, hyperbole, straw man, trolling and being a WUM. Then post further credible sources backing up my views as fact and then my critics go quiet in defeat. The YouTube paywall topic I posted in General Discussion this week is a prime example of that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    One thing I have found is that you cant just post your view without having a damn good reason for it. If you can't back it up you are basically ripped to shreds! Sometimes, its just what you think or how you feel, its not always logical!

Also, be sure to make sure your post is absolutely devoid of ambiguity, intended or not...you get killed for that shit on here!:D

Yes, occasionally I have had someone quote me, demanding I explain my dislike/like for something, whether I respond depends on how arsed I can be and how important the subject is to me. Sometimes I think 'other people's opinions' matter more to some than their passion for the subject in hand.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flufan wrote: »
    Talking of which...

I think you mean that you think that bollocks are ok! :D

Nah, I is down wiv da kidz!

However, it is grammatically correct if referring to the term 'bollocks' as an adjective or metaphor rather than a noun naming the offending pendulous orbs! :p:D
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've disagreed with people over plenty of things on here and have traded a few insults. All part and parcel of a discussion forum imo.
This discussion has been closed.