Romancing the Stone & Jewel of the Nile

swordofomensswordofomens Posts: 267
Forum Member
I adore these two films any other fans? the chemistry between Douglas & Turner is second to none.

Arguably Stone has the better script however I still adore Jewel nonetheless.

Think I'll watch "War of the Roses" next :D

Comments

• Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need a LIKE button
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I originally thought when War of The Roses was announced it, was the previously suggested third film in the series

it was at one point titled The Crimson Eagle so I read and was on the verge of going ahead but never did
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two great films. Very much the kind of adventure movie that was popular in the 80's. Films i can easily watch multiple times and never get tired of
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Stone, and occasionally re-watch it. It does deteriorate a bit as it goes on, though.

Don't like Jewel much.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    They're not bad films.I like Danny DeVito,and Kathleen Turner in them.But I'm not a fan of Michael Douglas in anything,so they're not really my cup of tea.
  • Judas82Judas82 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    I love Stone but think Jewel was rushed into production and unfortunately it shows. It was released the following year after the original film which came out in 1984. I do not like the 2nd film as much.

I much prefer War Of The Roses. Fantastic comedic performances from it's 3 main stars. This is on par with RTS for me.

I would love Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner and Danny DeVito to team up again for a comedy film. Non related to aforementioned films though ; something original.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the war of the roses was brilliant.

imagine if they made it now - channing tatum and ketherine heigl and with a happy ending :(
  • Judas82Judas82 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »
    the war of the roses was brilliant.

imagine if they made it now - channing tatum and ketherine heigl and with a happy ending :(

Agreed ...... it would suck BIG time.
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Romancing the Stone is great, the sequel, less so. If you're interested, the blurays (UK) make their debut 5 August. The first one is on pre-order.

"Look at those snappers!". :-D
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always thought it odd for such successful films to not have a third, as a "trilogy" is the norm when producers see big bucks. I dont count War Of The Roses, although its a great film.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like the first one. Not so keen on the second.

There's a really dodgy prop in Romancing the Stone (I won't point it out). I'm surprised that Robert Zemeckis hasn't sorted it with a bit of cgi.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On board with the general consensus. "Romancing," is fantastic. "Jewel," not so much,
  • swordofomensswordofomens Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I think the villain in Jewel was too cartoony and unbelievable, that's probably my biggest issue with the film but other than that its a solid 7/10 for me.

RTS - 10/10
    WOTR - 9/10
    JOTN - 7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adore these two films any other fans? the chemistry between Douglas & Turner is second to none.

Arguably Stone has the better script however I still adore Jewel nonetheless.

Think I'll watch "War of the Roses" next :D

Rose tinted glasses?

Second to none chemistry? No, just no. It's forced and uncomfortable at times.

Romancing the Stone is an average film at best, Jewel in the Nile is a pretty poor film.
  • cornishpasty1cornishpasty1 Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Incredibly Romancing the Stone suffered censor cuts here - surely they must be waived by now
    Bought it from the US on Bluray ages ago but its still not out here.
    The sequel is rubbish