Best place to preorder ps4

-Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
Forum Member
What's the best place to preorder a ps4 in the uk

Comments

• VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case you weren't aware, you won't get one for launch now if you pre-order.

The cut-off date was last month as the demand is so high.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    launch day doesnt bother me but would like it before xmas.
    there doesnt seem to be many bundles out there at the moment
  • TechnoGeekTechnoGeek Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Join the que on launch day that"s your best hope, others will do the same but get there early on the night
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    -Batman- wrote: »
    What's the best place to preorder a ps4 in the uk

You're about 3 months too late for that.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    John lewis in store
  • D3XT3RD3XT3R Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smyths toy shop if you have one nearby
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If i cant get the PS4 on launch night/m/ing i will get the XboxOne, Sony know demand is high & they still have 10 weeks to tell there factories to increase output. I would probaly have got an Xboxone early nxt yr anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TechnoGeek wrote: »
    If i cant get the PS4 on launch night/m/ing i will get the XboxOne, Sony know demand is high & they still have 10 weeks to tell there factories to increase output. I would probaly have got an Xboxone early nxt yr anyway
    Do you honestly think that they're not running at full capacity?

They'll be maxing out like crazy right now for months to come.

Both parties have said they'll be selling every console they'll possibly be able to make this year.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it interesting that people are suggesting trying to get one at launch instead of pre ordering, not saying that's wrong, just a little surprising, as I thought even entering the queue late would have been better than chancing one at launch, unless you are prepared to queue all night outside a shop, which IMO is nuts.

I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago, wasn't going to as I still have loads of great current gen games to play, and still think this generation has loads to offer but I came across a good pre-order deal so decided to pre-order (at Zavvi). Not bothered about launch day but would really like to see it this year as I've pre ordered a game for it too (NFS: Rivals) and if the console doesn't come for months the game will just be sitting there depreciating in value and annoying me because I can't play it. :(
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Order placed at Game hopefully will get it before Xmas for the kids.
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TechnoGeek wrote: »

Why settle for the inferior product?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The PS4 is with out doubt the better console, but i always intended to get both, as with my PS3 & Xbox 360.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven123 wrote: »
    I find it interesting that people are suggesting trying to get one at launch instead of pre ordering, not saying that's wrong, just a little surprising, as I thought even entering the queue late would have been better than chancing one at launch, unless you are prepared to queue all night outside a shop, which IMO is nuts.

I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago, wasn't going to as I still have loads of great current gen games to play, and still think this generation has loads to offer but I came across a good pre-order deal so decided to pre-order (at Zavvi). Not bothered about launch day but would really like to see it this year as I've pre ordered a game for it too (NFS: Rivals) and if the console doesn't come for months the game will just be sitting there depreciating in value and annoying me because I can't play it. :(
    They are keeping stock aside for retail stores at launch.

But really you'd be best to pre-order somewhere that doesn't require a deposit and is easy to cancel so you join the queue and then if that isn't going to materialise then try your luck on launch day in a store.