Game of Thrones (Season Two)

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've read all the books, finally finished Book 5 last weekend. To be frank, the whole thing has melded into one so that although I know how the story progresses I can't remember what happened in each book. Therefore I'll still be enjoying Series 2 as I can't really remember what happens in it :)

I finally got round to finishing Book 5 a couple of weeks ago. I read the last third or so of the book over a couple of days :)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    22 mins Behind the Scenes video looking back on season 1 and onwards to Season 2.

You win or You Die.

Not watched it yet myself but there's not supposed to be much Season 2 footage that hasn't already been seen in Trailers and other BtS videos.
  • *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I seriously laughed out loud when I saw a livejournal comment asking if Game of Thrones and the Hunger Game's were the same thing? The funny thing is it kind of made sense with GOT's tag line being 'You win or you Die' and the Huger Game's is basically a competition where if you don't win, you die. SO kind of understandable.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Elle*90 wrote: »
    I have to say I seriously laughed out loud when I saw a livejournal comment asking if Game of Thrones and the Hunger Game's were the same thing? The funny thing is it kind of made sense with GOT's tag line being 'You win or you Die' and the Huger Game's is basically a competition where if you don't win, you die. SO kind of understandable.

Don't get me started on The Hunger Games!!! It's blatant rip-off of Battle Royale
  • *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Don't get me started on The Hunger Games!!! It's blatant rip-off of Battle Royale

I've never seen BR, but I've heard of it. My sister has seen both though and she said she didn't think they had much in common beyond the fight to death scenario. Either way it hardly bothers me when there is historical background in the concept(mythology, roman arena's) so *shrugs*.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    22 mins Behind the Scenes video looking back on season 1 and onwards to Season 2.

You win or You Die.

Not watched it yet myself but there's not supposed to be much Season 2 footage that hasn't already been seen in Trailers and other BtS videos.

I've just watched it, it's mostly an amalgam of the earlier trailers and Behind the Scenes stuff they've released. It's still 22 minutes of awesome though :)

I need to finish off A Dance with Dragons, have the last quarter or so to read.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the input guys :)
    Finished with the re-watch and will start with the book. Hopefully will manage to finish the first book before April 1, so exciting :p
    Forum Member
    I was thinking of a poll for season 1's favorite characters. tried to create a poll, but apparently I need to have a certain number of posts to be able to do create one. I'll appreciate if one of you senior members can do it :)

Here's what I had in my mind, but feel free to modify:

Title: Game of Thrones: season 1 favorite character.
    Question: Who is your favorite character in Game of Throne's season 1.
    Options (in alphabetical order):
    Arya Stark
    Bran Stark
    Catelyn Tully (Lady Stark)
    Cersei Lannister (Queen)
    Daenerys Targaryen (Stormborn)
    Eddard Stark (Ned Stark)
    Jaime Lannister (Kingslayer)
    Joffrey Baratheon (King Joffrey)
    Jon Snow (the Bastard)
    Khal Drogo
    Petyr Baelish (Littlefinger)
    Robb Stark
    Robert Baratheon (King Robert)
    Sandor Clegane (the Hound)
    Sansa Stark
    Ser Jorah Mormont
    Theon Greyjoy
    Tyrion Lannister (the Imp)
    Viserys Targaryen

Don't know if anything else is required for a poll. If the options are too many (19) feel free to remove the least important ones! Thanks :)
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam40G wrote: »
    I was thinking of a poll for season 1's favorite characters.

I'll save you a little time.
    The Imp 90%
    John Snow 6%
    Dany 3%

and a few votes for Arya, Littlefinger and maybe some of the others get a vote or two...

:)
  • Wendy KroyWendy Kroy Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    srhDS wrote: »
    The Imp 90%
    John Snow 6%
    Dany 3%

and a few votes for Arya, Littlefinger and maybe some of the others get a vote or two...

Sorry, Bronn is objectively the best character.
    Forum Member
    The Imp 90%
    John Snow 6%
    Dany 3%

Haha ... yeah that would do just fine I guess, thanks for the time saving thing :D
    I would've gone for Tyrion too, but my impression was Dany and Arya will come close :P
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series link now added :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Imp 90%
    John Snow 6%
    Dany 3%

The Dragon has 3 heads
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I am SOOOOOOOO excited!

Robb Stark is my favourite!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss-Fitz wrote: »
    I am SOOOOOOOO excited!

He was at the launch of Titanic 3D, dontyouknow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Miss-Fitz wrote: »
    I am SOOOOOOOO excited!

Ooh, I feel a spoiler coming on!
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Not since Rome have I been so excited for a television programme.
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this, currently rewatching the first season, it's so good but I'd forgotten how annoying Samwell Tarly.

Heard good things about season 2 from those who have seen the first few episodes, ACOK is my least favourite of the books but I have a feeling it will work a lot better on screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    He was at the launch of Titanic 3D, dontyouknow.

Are they together?
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Locke_JohnLocke_John Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robb is my favourite character, too. (In the show. In the books it is either Tyrion or Jon Snow.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vicky2424 wrote: »
    Are they together?

It would seem so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    It would seem so.

Talk about power couple. Hopefully it means we'll be seeing more of Richard Recluse Madden.

Robb comes across really well in the tv series, he's not a POV character in the books, and I think his character is probably the best transition that the story has made from book to tv.

Jon Snow is my fave character, but I think thats because he's GRRM's and how the book is written, and Tyrion is fierce but Peter Dinklage's role has really made Tyrion a force to be reckoned with, he's getting first billing in the credits, and depending how the Emmy catagories go, he'll be a shoe in again for best supporting actor (although he might submit for lead actor now)