Labour Party Political Broadcast-ITV

sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
Forum Member
✭✭
What wonky camerawork, what's with all the zooms and off centre left to right.:confused:

Did anyone see it?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    To me it just seemed to be Left.
  • finluxfinlux Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me it just seemed to be Left.

So it should :p
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    What wonky camerawork, what's with all the zooms and off centre left to right.:confused:

Did anyone see it?

So you are the person who watched it.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    So you are the person who watched it.
    yes, I watched it, there might have been a few more that won't admit it.:D
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, I watched it, there might have been a few more that won't admit it.:D

I watched it too but thought I was watching Mr Bean on Comedy Central.:D
  • SnapeyDSSnapeyDS Posts: 56
    Forum Member

Did anyone see it?

I caught a few seconds of it. I assumed it was filmed on a cruise ship in rough seas :D

Alternative explanation is that he doesnt want the video to appear over produced and too expensive so that he appears to be more like us. Im sure it was just him with his mate filming, no crew, no script and no budget :rolleyes:.

They think were all that stupid... wait a second.., labour voters are :D
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SnapeyDS wrote: »
    They think were all that stupid... wait a second.., labour voters are :D

The "stupid" Labour voters you refer to will vote Labour regardless of any political broadcast. Political broadcasts are aimed at swing voters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    The "stupid" Labour voters you refer to will vote Labour regardless of any political broadcast. Political broadcasts are aimed at swing voters.

By that reasoning the swing voters become stupid at the moment of voting labour. Cause and effect in action in politics...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Labour are responsible for the mess we call our country atm thanks to their uncontrolled immigration.

I'm Voting UKIP as I want out of EU. Tired of the 3 main parties lib/lab/con fake promises. :mad:
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anielled wrote: »
    By that reasoning the swing voters become stupid at the moment of voting labour. Cause and effect in action in politics...

You may be right. In that case, perhaps Labour should be banned from standing for election on the basis that those who vote for them are constitutionally incapable of making a rational and informed decision due to their mental deficiency. Same as lunatics are not allowed to vote. Perhaps stupid people should face the same prohibition.
  • MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this thread has made me realise that I have nothing in common with the people on this forum. Labour didn't ruin this country, they didn't destroy the economy, stupid people with kneejerk reactions to the state of the economy because of the world wide employed solution of borrowing from public funds to keep the banks alive and world wide economy operating. We'd be in a much much worse position if we'd taken the traditional right wing tory method of survival of the fittest, and let them sort it out.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really is time PPBs in general were ditched, they are a left-over from 1950s television. Where else does a broadcaster hand over editorial control to another organisation which can then make all sorts of statements which are clearly untrue about other political parties ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mindbear wrote: »
    Well, this thread has made me realise that I have nothing in common with the people on this forum. Labour didn't ruin this country, they didn't destroy the economy, stupid people with kneejerk reactions to the state of the economy because of the world wide employed solution of borrowing from public funds to keep the banks alive and world wide economy operating. We'd be in a much much worse position if we'd taken the traditional right wing tory method of survival of the fittest, and let them sort it out.

Whilst you have a point I'd brush up on your history mindbear, you will soon realise your mistake. As a not very subtle hint, Blair and Brown squabbling effectively left the country without leadership in the years they were both warned of dark clouds looming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    It really is time PPBs in general were ditched, they are a left-over from 1950s television. Where else does a broadcaster hand over editorial control to another organisation which can then make all sorts of statements which are clearly untrue about other political parties ?

Everyone knows that and that few people watch them but what political party is going to give up free unedited access to the main TV channels?

They will only give up the right in exchange for something else, perhaps the TV companies should have made it a condition of having the leaders' debate at the last election.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    As a (slightly) left leaning person, even I can see Labour voted for the wrong brother! It just demonstrates how low the opinion of Cameron and his bunch of ConDems is in this country when a party headed by Ed Milliband is so far ahead in the opinion polls...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I saw a minute of it. The cameraman seemed more interested in the wall behind Miliband. Then an American ex-student came on praising 'Professor' Miliband. At that, I switched off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radagast wrote: »
    I saw a minute of it. The cameraman seemed more interested in the wall behind Miliband. Then an American ex-student came on praising 'Professor' Miliband. At that, I switched off.

The wall was probably more interesting than Milliband. Perhaps they could have someone painting to make it even more interesting.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    The wall was probably more interesting than Milliband. Perhaps they could have someone painting to make it even more interesting.
    :D Mr Bean could paint the wall.
  • poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did anyone see it?

Centre left to right - is that Milliband's positioning of the party?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Mr Bean could paint the wall.

He might get offered Milliband's job if he does it well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I turned BBC1 on at 1930h and thought that Labour had another PPB this week then realised that it was the real Wallace.