Much loved cat is missing, help/advice please..

2»

Comments

• WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,304
    Forum Member
    tynka bell wrote: »
    I agreed to take on a cat (owners are emigrating) and they came and dropped him off on Saturday. 24 hours later and the little monkey escaped out of the house. This gives me hope that i will get him back, even if it takes a few weeks

He will probably have made his way back to his old home. I would try looking around there...if you haven't already done this.
  • tynka belltynka bell Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    WinterLily wrote: »
    He will probably have made his way back to his old home. I would try looking around there...if you haven't already done this.

His old home is in Chelmsford and we are in Sutton! May take him a few weeks to get back. His owners don't think he will travel very far - say he's not very intrepid! Fingers crossed he will be around somewhere and some kind soul will hand him in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Good luck. My mums cat has just had to go to a new home. I have nightmares of her trying to get back home. Sadly when I had her my El was very territorial and jealous as well as being very aggressive. As soon as she went to my mum he settled straight back down.
  • gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any luck yet Trevvy and tynka bell.Please don't forget to post when you get your cats back.Still concerned for you.
    Forum Member
    Any luck yet Trevvy and tynka bell.Please don't forget to post when you get your cats back.Still concerned for you.

Thanks Gammy ... no, unfortunately no news yet, but still hoping as it's early days. Can only hope that someone notices a stray cat in their area and does something about it. They may decide to keep him though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be a while before someone realises he's a stray .At least the weather is a bit better.Good luck
    Forum Member
    Good news! The little monkey was in the house all the time!!! He was hiding under the bath and finally appeared (after 5 days) as if nothing had happened on Friday! Major relief! Being v. spoiled now, as you can imagine. Took him to the vet to get checked out and he's fine - tummy normal and not dehydrated! Woohoo!

Back in happy mode again. Thanks to everyone for their support - it was much appreciated at the time when i needed it.
  • WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,304
    Forum Member
    Good news! The little monkey was in the house all the time!!! He was hiding under the bath and finally appeared (after 5 days) as if nothing had happened on Friday! Major relief! Being v. spoiled now, as you can imagine. Took him to the vet to get checked out and he's fine - tummy normal and not dehydrated! Woohoo!

Back in happy mode again. Thanks to everyone for their support - it was much appreciated at the time when i needed it.

Wonderful news!!!! The little devil hiding under the bath!!! Lol!! So happy to hear he is safe & well xx:)
    Forum Member

Oh thank christ. Finally some good news. Big hugs. :cry::cry::D
    Forum Member
    WinterLily wrote: »
    Wonderful news!!!! The little devil hiding under the bath!!! Lol!! So happy to hear he is safe & well xx:)
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Oh thank christ. Finally some good news. Big hugs. :cry::cry::D

Thank you! It's such a relief .. i've never been so pleased to see a cat! I really thought he had gotten out (even though the previous owners had told me he refuses to use a cat flap) and I'd never see him again.

Little monkey :p
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,014
    Forum Member
    so pleased for you xx
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news! The little monkey was in the house all the time!!!
    I'm so pleased for you! :):):)

I revisit these "disappeared cat" threads frequently in the hope of a happy ending. It's just lovely when it happens...

...but sorry to those of you who're still awaiting your prodigal's return. Hope you will have good news too, one day soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news so pleased for you::)
    Forum Member
    Thank you Snowy, Normandie and Gamz! Huge relief. It was 'intro' day today with our other (female) cat. It seems to be a case of indifference - both of them ignoring one another, although i've been told she's been following him around the house .. aw, wants to be friends!
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I haven't replied in a while but I've been super busy with work and working on getting Bobby back!

I've done all the usual stuff, putting posters up, knocking doors in the road around my area, lost/found services, wardens etc and absolutely zilch. :(

It's been three weeks now. It's almost like I'm trying not to think about him because I miss him so much, and then I feel guilty. :( My other cat is not herself at all (they're siblings and close, lots of mutual grooming etc). I feel wretched.
    Forum Member
    Aw I saw your thread there and hoped for good news. Still thinking of you.
    Forum Member
    Trev, i'm so sorry Bobby is still missing. I'm sure he'll turn up eventually. Someone is probably taking care of him and feeding him. Fingers crossed.