Do Carphone Warehouse buy you out of your contract?

Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
Forum Member
✭✭
I've spoke to a friend who said that CPW could maybe buy me out of my contract if i take a new one out is this true?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've spoke to a friend who said that CPW could maybe buy me out of my contract if i take a new one out is this true?

I've not heard of CPW doing this, but I know P4U do this. But I wouldn't recommend them. It would be an all time low for me if I used them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Yes they used to if you had the CPW insurance, you could cancel after 6 months of a 12 month contract if i remember rightly. I used to do this very often to get new phones. This was a few years ago though so they may have stopped it now
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it would have to be with CPW you have to have the contract with?
  • kosmos5457kosmos5457 Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never known them to buy out your existing contract but at my local store, as soon as your through the door, they are immediately doing their best to sell you a contract. This is even after you have already explained to them that you are already in contract with another network and only browsing and wanting to know what deals they could do you. I think they used to give £100 for any phone that you no longer wanted if you taken out a contract with them. It might be worth mentioning that you would take a contract with them right now if they are willing to buy out your existing contract or pay so much towards it. Obviously that would depend on how much of the contract is left.

Not known any O2 store to be quite like that. Though support over the phone when you call one of their stores is not quite so good but customer services is first class.

Personally, you would be best to let your current contract run out and go to an individual network such as O2. You will get far more benefit from joining them than I'm sure you would in the long term with joining CPW.

O2 Retentions are always very good with their offers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm currently with O2 and think it would cost loads to buy it out. I just don't like the signal I get but their not bothered as long as i can receive a call, intermittent low signal levels aren't their top of the list so basically im tied to they don't give a f*** about me all they care about is getting their £45 odds from me every month.
  • S-T-E-V-ES-T-E-V-E Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I work for CPW.

We don't buy people out of contracts but there are trade in deals which give you cash for trading in an old phone.

For example

Nokia 6300 on £35 gives you £200 back for an old phone.

CPW also do an Insurance called Lifeline Complete which allows you to cancel your contract when your half the way through it but this insurance can only be bought at either point of sale or upto 14 days after.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it when you cancelled your contract within that time you would need to hand the phone back?