Which genre do you prefer/like to play

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For me it used to be 'Adventure' but then I tried a few RPG's and 'Hack n Slash' and went on from there. Now it's a mixed bag for me. I now play games/genres that had never interested me before. My choice of games has certainly changed over the years. I was missing out on so much I guess.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Action/adventure for me tomb raider the pinnacle.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Racing has always been my #1 genre, I can just spend hours perfecting 1 track. After that Strategy has surged up to #2. After that it's FPS at #3, after that it's dog eat dog.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Action/adventure for me tomb raider the pinnacle.

This ^^^
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me third person action/adventure, it's pretty broad, so anything Like Uncharted, Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead, Assassins Creed etc. Second choice would be good old JRPG's, they got me into games after all.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I'd say most most favourite and most played genre is Racing, from the more hardcore sims like Forza (like the above I can run time trials, tune set-ups and race for hours on end) to arcade racers like Daytona USA and Hydro Thunder Hurricane. After that I would say 2D gaming in general, from shmups to fighters, scrolling beat'em ups and platformers I love them all.

I also love Nintendo, these days they might as well be a genre to themselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many to chose from, Action/Adventure with uncharted being the best
    Sports with Fifa
    Open world games like GTA

But my favorite would be RPGs Such as the Final Fantasy, Ni No Kuni, Tales of... etc
    I'd like to stress that while RPG is my favorite genre i'm not including an fallout/elder scrolls type games as i can't stand them
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adventures mostly movie types if I can find them Heavy Rain and The Walking Dead (telltale) a good action open world FPS with a story to.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mainly play action adventure games (Thrid person), followed by RPG and sports. I would love to get into some racing games because i usually find them fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RPG (Skyrim and Fallout)

Sports (Fifa)
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a sports guy:

NHL 13
    NFL 13
    MLB 13 The Show
    Tiger Woods 14

I'll also play FPS like COD & BF. I did pick up Farcry 3 but never finished it.
  • 0lly0lly Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Platformers and side-scrolling action/adventure games.
  • dave666dave666 Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fighting racing and open world crime
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very much a first person action/RPG fan. Used to be FPS, but I got a bit tired of that genre. Last few years I've preferred free roaming action/rpg games
    Some of my favs
    Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3&NV, DX Human Revolution, Dishonored.
    Special mention for Far Cry 3, which combines FPS with more free roaming rpg elements very nicely.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stealth. Then simulation. Then platformers*. Then 3rdPS, Then FPS. Then fighting. Then RPG. Then sports. Then racing.

*i think of platformers as tomb raiders ad prince of persias, not mario rayman etc
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RTS, Platform and Football are my favourite genres.

Games like Age of Empires, Starcraft 2, Command and Conquer, Fifa, PES, New Super Mario Bros.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Open world RPGs, Fallout/Elder Scrolls series are my favourites.

Action/Adventure stuff like Tomb Raider and Far Cry.
    Racing Sims
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platform, arcade adventure,retro shooters, fighting (2d mainly)
    golf and football games.

The sport ones are probably because I am useless at sport in the real world.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Platformers, adventure, sand box,
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adventure/RPGs