I want to see Rory again :)

Comments

• bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, this thread is a bit of nostalgia for a well-loved companion. There are loads of "Ain't Clara/Jenna wonderful?" threads for those who want them.

I understand that Granny, Rory is my favourite companion. :D

I just thought I'd made my view on Clara/Jenna clear...:p

Now, isn't Rory wonderful? :D;)
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbll22 wrote: »

Sorry, I wasn't getting at you, but at the post you quoted, which sort of went off the topic of this thread (not that I can criticise anyone for that - pot and kettle!). I really meant to add a point to your post, not argue with it.:o

Yes, Rory is wonderful. :D
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, this thread is a bit of nostalgia for a well-loved companion. There are loads of "Ain't Clara/Jenna wonderful?" threads for those who want them.
    bbll22 wrote: »

Sorry, I wasn't getting at you, but at the post you quoted, which sort of went off the topic of this thread (not that I can criticise anyone for that - pot and kettle!). I really meant to add a point to your post, not argue with it.:o

Yes, Rory is wonderful. :D

:);):)
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just ignore the thread, then. It's not hard to do. Personally, I like this thread, and I like k9fan's posts.

Most of the threads on this forum nowadays are dreary reruns of stuff that's been said 100 times before. Shortly they'll be dreary and proffitless speculation about who Clara really is. This one, where you can have a chat, makes a nice change.

well that's the beauty of a forum isn't it. We all enjoy and want to talk about different things. I just thought the post I originally referenced was a bit 'toys out of pram, boo boo boo I want my favourite characters back' in tone.

and yeah i am sure the speculation will get tiresome but I fail to see how ' smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley Rory heart Rory' is anymore interesting. But yeah. Each to their own. I have noticed already that you are a massively reasonable and valued presence on this here forum so I shall bow to your majesty!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well that's the beauty of a forum isn't it. We all enjoy and want to talk about different things. I just thought the post I originally referenced was a bit 'toys out of pram, boo boo boo I want my favourite characters back' in tone.

and yeah i am sure the speculation will get tiresome but I fail to see how ' smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley Rory heart Rory' is anymore interesting. But yeah. Each to their own. I have noticed already that you are a massively reasonable and valued presence on this here forum so I shall bow to your majesty!

Quite.;)
    Each to their own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:o:o:o:o;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:o:o:o;):D

Unlike k9fan, Granny ;)
  • SamsterSamster Posts: 382
    Forum Member
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think that they are going to be hard pressed to find another companion that had Rory's wit, charisma and sense of irritation. He was very well written and acted!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For Rory fans - I've just seen on a thread in the TV forum that Arthur Darvill has a part in a new 10 part BBC historical drama "The White Queen", which is apparently starting in spring.

So that's two things we'll be seeing him in soon. :)
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For Rory fans - I've just seen on a thread in the TV forum that Arthur Darvill has a part in a new 10 part BBC historical drama "The White Queen", which is apparently starting in spring.

So that's two things we'll be seeing him in soon. :)
    Looks interesting, well done to Arthur/Rory:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! :):):)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a460922/arthur-darvill-on-doctor-who-50th-return-never-say-never.html
    The actor departed the BBC sci-fi drama last year, but told Digital Spy that he would be open to making a cameo in a special 50th anniversary episode.

"I'm so busy at the moment that I don't know if I'd be able to," said Darvill, who will appear opposite fellow Who veteran David Tennant in ITV's new crime drama Broadchurch.

"But I'm very loyal to Doctor Who - I saw Steven Moffat recently and I think he's brilliant. He's one of those people that if he ever asked me to do anything, I'd do it."

Broadchurch begins on Monday, March 4 at 9pm on ITV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a460922/arthur-darvill-on-doctor-who-50th-return-never-say-never.html
    The actor departed the BBC sci-fi drama last year, but told Digital Spy that he would be open to making a cameo in a special 50th anniversary episode.

"I'm so busy at the moment that I don't know if I'd be able to," said Darvill, who will appear opposite fellow Who veteran David Tennant in ITV's new crime drama Broadchurch.

"But I'm very loyal to Doctor Who - I saw Steven Moffat recently and I think he's brilliant. He's one of those people that if he ever asked me to do anything, I'd do it."

I'm really looking forward to Broadchurch. I haven't seen Arthur in any trailers, but David looks just gorgeous. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a busy fellow, hope he will be in the 50th:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:o
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much as i loved rory don't think it will happen. Only way 11 can honour and cherish their memory is to keep fighting and do his best to love and take care of their daughter his wife.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Rory briefly in "Closing Time" this evening.

I still don't like the way that he and his wife were killed off in America; it didn't make sense to me at all, and they should be back in England (IMO).
  • Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Rory briefly in "Closing Time" this evening.

I still don't like the way that he and his wife were killed off in America; it didn't make sense to me at all, and they should be back in England (IMO).

I think it was done the way it was done for dramatic purposes and Karen Gillan didnt want the possibility to come back.

Its a strong final ending for both Rory and Amy and clears the decks for the future with Clara which personally I am very pleased about.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a shame they got killed off. Instead of just deciding they had enough of traveling.
    In the previous episode they were trying to decide between a "normal" life and life with the doctor. Angels took that away from them. They had eachother and their adopted son anthony.
    But they never got to see the rest of their family Brian,River or the doctor again.
    Wonder if anthony will ever show up to visit his sister and brother in law. Sure he was told some very interesting bedtime stories as he was growing up in late 40's early 50's new york.:):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory the Centurion, the Legend, is now a vicar! :)
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is & there was a line in there, can't remember which one :o that was definitely written for Rory & not for the vicar!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just have to say in response to Rory the vicar "More tea, Vicar":D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy777 wrote: »
    He is & there was a line in there, can't remember which one :o that was definitely written for Rory & not for the vicar!!
    sandydune wrote: »
    I just have to say in response to Rory the vicar "More tea, Vicar":D

:):):):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that the vicar isn't killed off.:eek: