Is Kylie the only act to have had a top 5 hit in the last 4 decades?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    if i actually wrote what i honestly thought, my posts would no doubt suffer the same fate as other the posts recently written about you and frankly, its not worth copping a ban over.

now you have had two posts to make your opinion crystal clear and i think we now know exactly where we stand with each other. i feel i have been very reasonable under the circumstances, but if you make another personal comment about my posting style, i will be taking this issue up with the mods. put me on ignore if any aspect of my presence here irritates you, i put a block on private messages for the very same reason. i wont be changing my posting style, so the choice is yours.

even the op seems completely fed up with the way this thread has deteriorated, its time to move on.

I agree. I've happened to discuss this with the mods too, and they have said the same. Not for one second have I been unreasonable so likewise the ignore option is available for you too, and likewise I have the options to mention this this with the moderators too. I don't want this to get petty.

Lets move forward.

I have so much to look forward to as a Kylie fan. New music, a whole new album, new videos, images, visual images, most importantly a whole new world tour and all the exciting things behind the scenes in-between. So much for ME to enjoy.

Not forgetting The Voice a whole new perspective on Kylie.

In regards to the actual topic title itself and my general outlook let me re-post the nature of this topic...bring it all back to perspective for the many Kylie fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So her TOP 5'S

80's
    I Should Be So Lucky 1
    Got To Be Certain 2
    The Locomotion 2
    Je Ne Sai Pas Porqoui? 2
    Especially For You 1
    Hand On Your Heart 1
    Wouldn't Change A Thing 2
    Never Too Late 4

90's
    Tears On My Pillow 1
    Better The Devil You Know 2
    Step Back In Time 4
    If You Were With Me Now 4
    Give Me Just A Little More Time 2
    Confide In Me 2

The 00's
    Spinning Around 1
    On A Night Like This 2
    Kids 2
    Cant Get You Outta My Head 1
    In Your Eyes 3
    Love At First Sight 2
    Slow 1
    Red Blooded Woman 5
    I Believe In You 2
    2 Hearts 4
    Wow 4

The 10's
    All The Lovers 3

I haven't included tracks like Shocked/What do I Have To Do/In My Arms etc and plenty of others that hit the top 10 but were not top 5.

If I've missed a track or got a chart position wrong please correct me. These positions were taken from Wikipedia.

By the way. What Was "Keep On Pumping It" 1991????

No one corrected me?:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of those top 5's my god.

How on earth did Give Me Just A Little More Time reach the top 5?

Anyone old enough to remember? I sometimes wish I was old enough to buy music around the KM94 era. Any of your stories would be so very much appreciated.

I remember everything Light Years on-wards. :) Hey atleast I can say I was there every single step of the way for Britney/Xtina/Rihanna and yes 1D to my shame lol. (All for Louis ofcourse);-)
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    I agree. I've happened to discuss this with the mods too, and they have said the same. Not for one second have I been unreasonable so likewise the ignore option is available for you too, and likewise I have the options to mention this this with the moderators too. I don't want this to get petty.

Lets move forward.

it doesn't surprise me to learn that you have been to the mods and indeed, you always have that option open to you as well as me too. i am also glad that my advice to you was in line with the response you received.

like i said, we both know where we stand now, people can read both our posts here and can make their own minds up, like people have done already. so yes, lets move forward.:)

the song you asked about was a feature she did with visionmasters, her vocals were sampled from "i guess i like it like that" from the "lets get to it" album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ilBcKVYbYk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    it doesn't surprise me to learn that you have been to the mods and indeed, you always have that option open to you as well as me too. i am also glad that my advice to you was in line with the response you received.

like i said, we both know where we stand now, people can read both our posts here and can make their own minds up, like people have done already. so yes, lets move forward.:)

the song you asked about was a feature she did with visionmasters, her vocals were sampled from "i guess i like it like that" from the "lets get to it" album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ilBcKVYbYk

No advice No response, not really. :)

Anyhoo. Thank you for the link. Was this a single back in 1991? I was surprised to see this. I've only very really experienced things first hand from LY onwards.

Was it considered a total flop. I really don't have high hopes for the new single either. I hope it does well but I'm really not sure. Either way I hope I like it enough to enjoy. I'd be lying to myself if I said it will go top 20.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Dirty Pop wrote: »
    I'd just like to state that I'm a fan of both Kylie and Madonna.

You'd think that after nearly 27 years in the music industry people would give Kylie the credit she deserves. I'm not denying she doesn't have a lot of people to thank for her career but then so does Madonna and a lot of other pop stars. Kylie has reinvented herself time and time again and has proven what a damn good pop star and entertainer she is in her own right.

As for the people taking digs at Kylie's single sales, she has sold over 10 million singles in the UK to date, making her the 12th best-selling singles artist overall in UK history. She was also second to Madonna in terms of the most singles sold in the UK by a female artist until Rihanna nudged her to third place. People can take aim at Kylie's single sales last decade all they want but do you really think Madonna's single sales between 2000 and 2009, other than for big #1 hits like Hung Up, American Pie, Music and 4 Minutes, were really, really high for every single release? Single sales overall dropped a lot for a few years last decade. Let's just celebrate the fact that Kylie charted 16 top 10 hits between 2000 and 2008 including a million-seller in 2001. Especially for You, even though the song is pretty chessy, is also the 15th best-selling single of the 1980s in the UK, only one other female is above Kylie on the list and that's Jennifer Rush.

As for her album sales over the last ten years, every studio album she released from Light Years to Aphrodite has gone at least Platinum in the UK, that's not exactly bad going. Plus Ultimate Kylie has sold nearly a million copies in the UK.

Let's see if someone's beloved Cheryl Cole will still be scoring hits after 27 years. :)

Sorry to quote myself but it looks like I can't edit it. I just wanted to add a few things to my above post.

I highly doubt Madonna singles like Love Profusion, Hollywood, What It Feels Like for a Girl, Miles Away, Give It to Me, Celebration, Give Me All Your Luvin', Turn Up the Radio and Girl Gone Wild had very high sales in the UK. Madonna has had lower selling singles in between the bigger selling singles, this is true for every popular act out there, so why criticise Kylie for it?

In regard to this decade, All the Lovers, the first single Kylie released from Aphrodite in 2010, is her highest selling single in the UK for many years, it's also true that it would have hit #1 instead of #3 on the UK singles chart had the physical release been timed simultaneously with the digital download. Get Outta My Way, the second single from Aphrodite, peaked at #12, while Better Than Today was the wrong choice for the third single and peaked at #32. Other Kylie singles released this decade like Put Your Hands Up and Timebomb were poorly promoted (Timebomb was only performed live on The Voice) and received hardly any radio play which meant they didn't do very well (this is also a problem for Madonna nowadays, all her singles since Celebration have done terribly in the UK). Flower, the first single taken from Kylie's Abbey Road Sessions album, was actually ineligible to chart on the UK singles chart until the album was released due to a chart rule, it also received hardly any promotion or radio play. Higher, the Taio Cruz song that Kylie is a featured on, peaked at #8 and gave her another top 10 hit this decade. And of course Madonna has sold a lot more singles in the UK than Kylie, she's released a lot more.

The other point I want to make is that these chart records aren't going to be held forever. It's true that Kylie is currently the only female artist with a top 3 hit in four decades but she isn't going to hold that record forever as Madonna will no doubt score another hit in the future. It's the same in regards to Madonna holding the record for the most #1 singles in the UK for a female artist or the most singles sold in the UK for a female artist. Do people really think she's going to hold these records forever? Rihanna's surpassed Kylie's 10 million singles sales in the UK after nine years, do you really think she's not going to surpass Madonna's total one day? Do you think Rihanna or another female singer aren't going to surpass Madonna's tally of UK number one singles one day? Rihanna has already matched Madonna's tally of number one singles in the US, she's also charted 25 top 10 singles on the Billboard Chart, only 13 behind Madonna's current total. These records get made, they get matched and then they get broken.

Kylie and Madonna have had impressive careers that have continued to exceed expectations in regards to their longevity. Neither are amazing vocalists, yet they have fought their way to become two great entertainers on stage and off. Just look at the scope of their careers, they've done so much with music, fashion, reinvention, performances, etc. over the years. The last thing I want to point out is that both are smart, focused and natural fighters. Neither have had drug or alcohol problems, breakdowns or stints in rehab (that we know of) that so many others go through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is true for every popular act out there, so why criticise Kylie for it?

had you not considered that maybe these comments were relevant to the thread? you know, with it being about kylie and her single successes.:confused:
    The other point I want to make is that these chart records aren't going to be held forever.

i completely agree with that, which is why i mentioned rihanna and what she has achieved so quickly with her single successes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to quote myself but it looks like I can't edit it. I just wanted to add a few things to my above post.

I highly doubt Madonna singles like Love Profusion, Hollywood, What It Feels Like for a Girl, Miles Away, Give It to Me, Celebration, Give Me All Your Luvin', Turn Up the Radio and Girl Gone Wild had very high sales in the UK. Madonna has had lower selling singles in between the bigger selling singles, this is true for every popular act out there, so why criticise Kylie for it?

In regard to this decade, All the Lovers, the first single Kylie released from Aphrodite in 2010, is her highest selling single in the UK for many years, it's also true that it would have hit #1 instead of #3 on the UK singles chart had the physical release been timed simultaneously with the digital download. Get Outta My Way, the second single from Aphrodite, peaked at #12, while Better Than Today was the wrong choice for the third single and peaked at #32. Other Kylie singles released this decade like Put Your Hands Up and Timebomb were poorly promoted (Timebomb was only performed live on The Voice) and received hardly any radio play which meant they didn't do very well (this is also a problem for Madonna nowadays, all her singles since Celebration have done terribly in the UK). Flower, the first single taken from Kylie's Abbey Road Sessions album, was actually ineligible to chart on the UK singles chart until the album was released due to a chart rule, it also received hardly any promotion or radio play. Higher, the Taio Cruz song that Kylie is a featured on, peaked at #8 and gave her another top 10 hit this decade. And of course Madonna has sold a lot more singles in the UK than Kylie, she's released a lot more.

The other point I want to make is that these chart records aren't going to be held forever. It's true that Kylie is currently the only female artist with a top 3 hit in four decades but she isn't going to hold that record forever as Madonna will no doubt score another hit in the future. It's the same in regards to Madonna holding the record for the most #1 singles in the UK for a female artist or the most singles sold in the UK for a female artist. Do people really think she's going to hold these records forever? Rihanna's surpassed Kylie's 10 million singles sales in the UK after nine years, do you really think she's not going to surpass Madonna's total one day? Do you think Rihanna or another female singer aren't going to surpass Madonna's tally of UK number one singles one day? Rihanna has already matched Madonna's tally of number one singles in the US, she's also charted 25 top 10 singles on the Billboard Chart, only 13 behind Madonna's current total. These records get made, they get matched and then they get broken.

Kylie and Madonna have had impressive careers that have continued to exceed expectations in regards to their longevity. Neither are amazing vocalists, yet they have fought their way to become two great entertainers on stage and off. Just look at the scope of their careers, they've done so much with music, fashion, reinvention, performances, etc. over the years. The last thing I want to point out is that both are smart, focused and natural fighters. Neither have had drug or alcohol problems, breakdowns or stints in rehab (that we know of) that so many others go through.

Great post. The best on this topic thus far. Fair points made, accurate and thoroughly enjoyable to read. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's just celebrate the fact that Kylie charted 16 top 10 hits between 2000 and 2008 including a million-seller in 2001. Especially for You, even though the song is pretty chessy, is also the 15th best-selling single of the 1980s in the UK, only one other female is above Kylie on the list and that's Jennifer Rush.

Kylie's 16 top 10 hits between 2000 and 2009 included three #1 hits (only two less than Madonna's total during the same decade) and four #2 hits. In fact Kylie scored more top 10 hits during the decade than Madonna (she scored 15) and other singers like Mariah Carey and Celine Dion. Britney Spears actually only charted one more top 10 hit during the decade than Kylie.

You forgot Get Together, Jump and Revolver.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    You forgot Get Together, Jump and Revolver.

Yeah I doubt any of these were big sellers. Get Together and Jump made the lower end of the top 10 and didn't really hang around on the charts very long, Revolver bombed big time.
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie never truly got the recognition she deserved but she has always defied her critics and bounced back. Kylie has had a remarkable career and to be still scoring hits shows what she has achieved was no flash in the pan.

Like everyone else in the business Kylie has a lot of people to thank but would all these people have worked with her is they didnt believe she had the talent or work ethic??i certainly think not.

Kylie has played a massive part in her own success, her down to earth personality has always done her good, but on the other hand she has wrote many many of her own album tracks, has had alot of input into her career and is extremely sharpe in terms of reinventing herself.

The Kylie/ Madonna comparisons always come about but i think many people now have worn off that argument and pit Kylie and Madonna together against acts like Rihanna. I would argue Rihanna has a lot less input in her career than Kylie but at the same time it works for Rihanna and she has made one hell of a career out of it. Bottom line is what works for one does not for another and each artists gain their fame in different ways, those who hold long terms success like Kylie can only be applauded. I for one think Kylie is a true survivor and is a huge part of our pop culture.
  • Marge SimpsonMarge Simpson Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    It's funny, what the OP has written is true, Kylie is currently the only act, or least female act, to have a top five hit in four different decades yet the thread has taken a U-turn for six pages due to certain individuals turning it what is more or less a chance to bash Kylie. What's funny is that the posts that are trying to downplay Kylie's on-going success seem to be made by Madonna fans. God forbid if Kylie actually achieves something before Madonna does! How dare Kylie score a top three hit this decade before Madonna! It reminds me of when a few Madonna fans got a tad too defensive in 2010 when Kylie became the first female artist to have a #1 album in four different decades. What I find especially rich is a certain individual on here (a Madonna fan no less) commented many times in the Lady Gaga Artpop thread that her "Little Monsters" have spent years downplaying the success of other singers, including Madonna, yet the very same individual is on here downplaying Kylie's success and frankly making nonsense up to belittle her. I'm sure you can guess who it is.

A lot of Madonna fans are the original "Little Monsters". They are highly defensive, they like to pretend Madonna was the first to everything, and they love to call every other singer a flop when compared to her. Every fan base has its fair share of nut jobs but Madonna's fan base is one of the worst. Anyone else remember the mock "Confessions of a Cancer Patient" CD cover that a Madonna fan designed and other fans passed around on forums thinking it was funny to make a joke of Kylie's cancer battle? That's wasn't the only joke and comment made by Madonna fans in regards to Kylie's breast cancer diagnosis. For people to actually sink so low as to wish death on someone just because you don't like their music is sick, the real disturbing thing is that it was probably grown adults doing it. Unless you've forgotten, Madonna was actually one of the few pop stars who issued a statement after the news of Kylie's cancer battle broke. The "Grandonna" nickname doesn't seem so bad in retrospect.

Kylie has sold over 10 million singles in the UK alone, making her the third biggest selling singles act for a female and the 12th biggest selling singles act overall. Haters can hate all they want but it won't change anything.:)

Anyway, I just signed up to write this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure you can guess who it is.

i think i have a fair idea who you are eluding too marge.
    they like to pretend Madonna was the first to everything,

i don't see a lot of that written on here personally. what i have seen continually posted though by a certainly kylie fan is the same essay on why madonna is far from original. it was an interesting alternative viewpoint when i first read it, but it did wear a bit thin when the same essay was posted under a string of various aliases here, when it surfaced on other forums, then it was used to write a string of scathing madonna reviews on amazon and most recently, it was reposted on the daily mail comments section.
    Anyone else remember the mock "Confessions of a Cancer Patient" CD cover that a Madonna fan designed and other fans passed around on forums thinking it was funny to make a joke of Kylie's cancer battle?

i don't remember that actually, but i agree it was a vile tasteless thing for people to post.>:( it just goes to show, like you say, no fan base is beyond reproach.:(

that is your prerogative, but it does seem rather sad that you would base your two posts thus far on your continued discontentment with madonna fans and insisting on singling one fan out in particular.

this should be a happy time for kylie fans with her new album being released, so why dwell on a thread that have been inactive for almost a month and let past negatives consume you on what should a positive time?:confused:
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why this is still a fan vs fan discussion. The topic was about Kylie. Not to throw mud at different fan groups.

I'm more concerned at the Madonna hater who using hundreds of IDs across various sites such as the Daily Mail, Amazon etc just to post hate upon hate on Madonna. He goes on to all Madonna related items on Amazon and posts long essay long reviews on how terrible she is. That is disturbing, not natural and very unhealthy. Its a deep obsession with just posting hate. Very strange. Now he has rolled up on the Daily Mail site posting yet again essay long rants that make no sense as it all seems to have been a paste and post job! lol I did hear a rumour Madonna's team were considering tracking him down. Lets hope they do...

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't take it too seriously.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Hit Em Up Style;71339309]I don't know why this is still a fan vs fan discussion. The topic was about Kylie. Not to throw mud at different fan groups.

I'm more concerned at the Madonna hater who using hundreds of IDs across various sites such as the Daily Mail, Amazon etc just to post hate upon hate on Madonna. He goes on to all Madonna related items on Amazon and posts long essay long reviews on how terrible she is. That is disturbing, not natural and very unhealthy. Its a deep obsession with just posting hate. Very strange. Now he has rolled up on the Daily Mail site posting yet again essay long rants that make no sense as it all seems to have been a paste and post job! lol I did hear a rumour Madonna's team were considering tracking him down. Lets hope they do...

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't take it too seriously.[/QUOTE]

Well yes, I've posted on here about Madonna but only because somebody made the claim that Kylie has always been more successful and popular in the UK than her. Now I'm not interested in fan wars at all but I believe that if something is factually incorrect then it should be corrected and I don't see the big deal about that.

That's all.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny, what the OP has written is true, Kylie is currently the only act, or least female act, to have a top five hit in four different decades yet the thread has taken a U-turn for six pages due to certain individuals turning it what is more or less a chance to bash Kylie. What's funny is that the posts that are trying to downplay Kylie's on-going success seem to be made by Madonna fans. God forbid if Kylie actually achieves something before Madonna does! How dare Kylie score a top three hit this decade before Madonna! It reminds me of when a few Madonna fans got a tad too defensive in 2010 when Kylie became the first female artist to have a #1 album in four different decades. What I find especially rich is a certain individual on here (a Madonna fan no less) commented many times in the Lady Gaga Artpop thread that her "Little Monsters" have spent years downplaying the success of other singers, including Madonna, yet the very same individual is on here downplaying Kylie's success and frankly making nonsense up to belittle her. I'm sure you can guess who it is.

A lot of Madonna fans are the original "Little Monsters". They are highly defensive, they like to pretend Madonna was the first to everything, and they love to call every other singer a flop when compared to her. Every fan base has its fair share of nut jobs but Madonna's fan base is one of the worst. Anyone else remember the mock "Confessions of a Cancer Patient" CD cover that a Madonna fan designed and other fans passed around on forums thinking it was funny to make a joke of Kylie's cancer battle? That's wasn't the only joke and comment made by Madonna fans in regards to Kylie's breast cancer diagnosis. For people to actually sink so low as to wish death on someone just because you don't like their music is sick, the real disturbing thing is that it was probably grown adults doing it. Unless you've forgotten, Madonna was actually one of the few pop stars who issued a statement after the news of Kylie's cancer battle broke. The "Grandonna" nickname doesn't seem so bad in retrospect.

Kylie has sold over 10 million singles in the UK alone, making her the third biggest selling singles act for a female and the 12th biggest selling singles act overall. Haters can hate all they want but it won't change anything.:)

All fans are guilty of this to some degree, some Madonna fans attack Kylie and some Kylie fans are equally insecure and attack Madonna. Kylie was the first female artist to have a number one album in four different decades, however you've got to admit that claims such as "Kylie is more successful in the UK than Madonna" are not true and somebody did say that. But making jokes about Kylie's breast cancer is juvenile, those idiot Madonna fans should remember than Madonna's mother died of breast cancer when Madonna was only five.

Anyway, let's break it down:

Kylie was the first female artist to have a number one album in four different decades- Fact.
    Kylie was the first female artist to have a top five hit in four different decades- Fact.
    Madonna is the biggest selling female artist in the UK- Fact.
    Madonna has more number one singles than any female- Fact
    Madonna has more top five hits than any other act male or female- Fact.

We all have our preferences but facts are facts.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Madonna is the biggest selling female artist in the world - FACT!
  • madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The entire Kylie, Madonna argument is totally unnessary especially as both artists have well established music careers and both artists have proved their longevity. Worldwide Madonna is the biggest female artist of all time. She is also the most successful female artist in the UK for a number of reasons including album, single and tour sales. This in no way diminishes Kylie's accomplishments and she is just as successful in her own rights. Fans brandishing sales figures of this album and that single and who had a hit in what era or what year is completely irrelevant. The fact is Kylie so far is the only female artist to have top 5 singles in 4 decades and well done to her. People could brandish 100 more achievements that Madonna has had followed by someone biting back Kylie has done these 100 things.
    Im a huge Kylie and Madonna fan and have complete collections of both artists and attended every tour they have completed. Madonna yes the most successful in the UK overall statistically but that doest mean she is less popular or liked. They have both had ups and downs Madonna has most probably had the most consistent career of being at the top most probably because she was with the same record label throughout the majority of her career. Kylie has had a few more ups and downs for various reasons which has been hugely impacted by her record label choices and releases. Kylie in the majority of her career played it very safe sticking to euro pop catchy tunes both major times she deviated she suffered a media backlash and unfortunately her record companies on both occasions panicked. Lets get to it, Impossible Princess and X were most probably her most experimental albums with Impossible Princess really being the only one that completely deviated from the Kylie formula the other two played safer by having the usual pop filler tracks. Yet Impossible Princess is most probably the best album musically. Kylie also had a huge boost to her career following her battle with cancer as it was so well publicised and fans as well as casual buyers supported her return to the music scene and rightly so. The shame of it is that both artists have huge respect for each other and actually neither are a threat to each others careers or fan bases. Its just a shame that stupid fans start quoting stupid sales and statistics to try and make there icon better when actually all they are doing is trying to convince themselves. Musically both of them are currently suffering the backlash of ageism and thankfully both of them are sticking their fingers up and getting on with their own careers. And thats exactly what the fans should do does it really matter now to Kylie or Madonna what their sales are they will both have huge Touring careers on back catalogue alone the opening tunes to Holiday or I should be so lucky always get the biggest reaction at their concerts regardless of how the last single sold or achieved in the charts. Lets be honest selling digital music makes no revenue for the artist nowadays the money comes from sponsorship and tours and neither Kylie or Madonna will ever be short of either of those.
    Fans should be celebrating the successes of both artists and the leave the bashing for the younger Gaga, Perry and Rihanna fans and we can wait to see if any of them can sell a concert in 15 years time let alone have Sold Out Tours 30 years on.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Into the Blue for the first time today. The date is significant, not just for being Valentine's Day, but because it was on February 14th way back in 1988 that I Should Be So Lucky first made no 1!
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be intrigued to see how Madonna and Kylie will fare with their new albums
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I'll be intrigued to see how Madonna and Kylie will fare with their new albums

There's a whole world, (and an age difference) between the two. Why even compare? It's irrelevant. I'd hate to be compared to people 10 years older than me. Let each artist go about their own way. I'm sure at 56 Kylie will be doing her own thing.

I can't even imagine Kylie wanting to strut her stuff at the grand old age of 56. Kudos to Madonna though. She has a fab body.
  • bathlampbathlamp Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Kate Bush almost qualifies for this. She's had a top 5 hit in the 70', 80's, 00's and her Re-recording of Running Up That Hill peaked at #6 in 2012. She's certainly had a top 20 hit in every decade since the 70's.
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bathlamp wrote: »
    Kate Bush almost qualifies for this. She's had a top 5 hit in the 70', 80's, 00's and her Re-recording of Running Up That Hill peaked at #6 in 2012. She's certainly had a top 20 hit in every decade since the 70's.

Love Kate bush and kylie!!
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nebworth90 wrote: »
    All The Lovers hit #3 in 2010, just wondered if anyone else has had a top 5 hit in 1980s, 90s, 00's and 10's?
    Sir Cliff has had top 5 hits in 6 decades - the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s & 00s, though looking unlikely in the 10s.
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Sir Cliff has had top 5 hits in 6 decades - the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s & 00s, though looking unlikely in the 10s.

Yeah I reckon cliff is long gone from the singles chart now in terms of the top 10... Seems like kylie really is the only act to have top 10s in the 80s,90s, 00s and 10s :) .... For now anyway...