Manchester - Local Freeview Multiplex - Information Thread

Comments

• marria01marria01 Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Greebo wrote: »
    M9 is certainly within the Ofcom predicted pattern - see page 27 of http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/notice524/im.pdf - however the transmission setup appears to have been done to minimum budget just to get something on air at all - so even with a quality aerial and a sensitive receiver you still may struggle.
    Those coverage patterns are wildly inaccurate. I'd have said it was in a fringe area, quite possibly occluded by terrain.
  • MeMeMeIMeMeMeI Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are there any other channels on the same mux though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get it at all, I looked up what is broadcast on another site and I get Argos TV, Sony SAB, show on my sagem box but not the others?

And same on the HD TV......

Oh well.
    Forum Member
    MeMeMeI wrote: »
    I don't get it at all, I looked up what is broadcast on another site and I get Argos TV, Sony SAB, show on my sagem box but not the others?

And same on the HD TV......

Oh well.

Both Argos and Sony SAB appear on the national muxes. The difference being Argos runs 24/7 on the local mux and only in the evenings on the national one. Sony SAB has a placeholder on the national muxes but so far hasn't actually launched.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marria01 wrote: »
    Both Argos and Sony SAB appear on the national muxes. The difference being Argos runs 24/7 on the local mux and only in the evenings on the national one. Sony SAB has a placeholder on the national muxes but so far hasn't actually launched.

If I understand it right from this internet site

http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SD660144

They should be on the same C57 channel so if I see Argos and Sony SAB holder I wonder why I do not see the rest?

Although captial TV has no mention on it's website of a Freeview channel that I could spot..
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    If I understand it right from this internet site

http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SD660144

They should be on the same C57 channel so if I see Argos and Sony SAB holder I wonder why I do not see the rest?

Although captial TV has no mention on it's website of a Freeview channel that I could spot..

If you go back a page and look at post #320, all the channels on the Manchester mux are listed there, with their LCNs.

Argos TV and Sony SAB also have national versions, but these are on different LCNs (Sony SAB is on channel 200 and something nationally, so should be easy to spot)
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Argos TV" (on LCN 55) is a national limited hours service. It is not broadcast on the Greater Manchester local mux.

"Argos TV 24/7" (on LCN 54) is a full 24 hour service available only on the Manchester Mux.

"Sony SAB" on LCN 236 is a national channel showing a placeholder "coming soon" page - it is designed to use an internet connection to deliver the pictures on some devices.

"Sony SAB" on LCN 53 is a full 24 hour service available only on the Manchester Mux.

You were asking for a list of the channels on the Manchester Mux - it was listed out for you in full by steve.ie in the posts that you replied to when you asked "Where in Manchester can receive these channels?".
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steve.ie wrote: »
    51 movies4men
    52 mov4men+1
    53 SONY SAB
    54 ARGOS TV 24/7
    56 CAPITAL TV

All these have disappeared for me :( Anyone else?

My Sony TV has lost them as well but they are still on my Humax FoxT2 so they are still on air, possibly at reduced power.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Argos TV" (on LCN 55) is a national limited hours service. It is not broadcast on the Greater Manchester local mux.

"Argos TV 24/7" (on LCN 54) is a full 24 hour service available only on the Manchester Mux.

"Sony SAB" on LCN 236 is a national channel showing a placeholder "coming soon" page - it is designed to use an internet connection to deliver the pictures on some devices.

"Sony SAB" on LCN 53 is a full 24 hour service available only on the Manchester Mux.

You were asking for a list of the channels on the Manchester Mux - it was listed out for you in full by steve.ie in the posts that you replied to when you asked "Where in Manchester can receive these channels?".

Hi

I have Sony SAB on Lcn 236 and Argos on LCN 55..

Marketplace on LCN 50..

Yet I am only 6 miles from city centre..

And Capital TV website only mentions on Freesat and Sky?

http://www.capitalfm.com/tv/
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Capital TV website only mentions on Freesat and Sky?

http://www.capitalfm.com/tv/

It does, but it's definitely on the Manchester mux too. Unfortunately it seems that you're not picking it up.
  • Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Argos TV is to close according to Shopping Telly.com http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=64233143&postcount=4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does, but it's definitely on the Manchester mux too. Unfortunately it seems that you're not picking it up.

Thank you for your help everyone:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steve.ie wrote: »
    51 movies4men
    52 mov4men+1
    53 SONY SAB
    54 ARGOS TV 24/7
    56 CAPITAL TV

All these have disappeared for me :( Anyone else?

I get them on the youview box but the Panasonic TV doesn't pick them up.
  • steve.iesteve.ie Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    My Sony TV has lost them as well but they are still on my Humax FoxT2 so they are still on air, possibly at reduced power.
    They are back on my Sony today. Very odd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are back on my Sony as well. I could see the signal strength and quality in manual tune but it wouldn't actually tune to it. Auto service update seems to have found it overnight again.C/N is up from 15 to 19db as well. The last time something like this happened a rigger had stood on,and bent, one of the log-periodic transmitter aerials. The other possibility is that there was something odd about the data that upset the Sony but didn't bother the Humax. Also that signal is weak here so it wouldn't take much to loose it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    High Street TV has been removed this morning at approx 10am - gone from LCN 57 and the video and audio PIDs are gone.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    High Street TV has been removed this morning at approx 10am - gone from LCN 57 and the video and audio PIDs are gone.

I am guessing Argos TV will be next to go.

Edit Argos TV closes on 12th May.So there might be other chages brfore this date.
  • kjhskj75kjhskj75 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't even know this channel existed - when did it start ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kjhskj75 wrote: »
    I didn't even know this channel existed - when did it start ?

26/11/2012 - see post #305 further back in this thread - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=62594639&postcount=305 - you weren't missing anything!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time I saw it there was an advert for a blue self parking hose pipe, did they advertise anything else?
  • kjhskj75kjhskj75 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    26/11/2012 - see post #305 further back in this thread - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=62594639&postcount=305 - you weren't missing anything!

Thanks. It's not that I wanted to watch it, just I'm keeping a history of whenever channels start/stop/change LCNs etc.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/intent/user?profile_id=304042283&screen_name=ManchesterTVNet&tw_i=335035018399322112&tw_p=embeddedtimeline&tw_w=269186836595884033
    ManchesterTVNetwork @ManchesterTVNet
    Changes to the MTN channel line up over the next few weeks.... We'll tweet the new channel news soon.
    about 4 hours ago

The new channel might also take the 6pm-23:00 Slot That Argos TV vacated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argos TV 24/7 has been deleted from LCN 54 and the SDT - vanished just before 14:45 this afternoon. There are currently only 4 LCNs on the mux.
  • Adam_CjAdam_Cj Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Is it down at the moment? I have always recieved it but now it's gone. I have done several auto-scans and manual scans but nothing. I have even done the thing where you take out the aerial cable and do a black retune to clear the memory also nothing. Is it still on UHF Ch 57?
    Forum Member
    Getting it fine in Salford Quays.