Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've never played the Monster Hunter series before but I've been interested in this game. I got the demo for the 3DS and Wii U to try it out and it's definitely a game that requires a steep learning curve and some research to fully understand what to do. I think though that when you do grasp the controls and gameplay it would be a very rewarding and fun game to play. So I'm not going to give up on it because it isn't always best to make judgement on a game based on its demo.

Anyone else been playing the demo or picking the game up when it's released?

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never played the Monster Hunter series before but I've been interested in this game. I got the demo for the 3DS and Wii U to try it out and it's definitely a game that requires a steep learning curve and some research to fully understand what to do. I think though that when you do grasp the controls and gameplay it would be a very rewarding and fun game to play. So I'm not going to give up on it because it isn't always best to make judgement on a game based on its demo.

I cancelled my preorder when I found out it was region locked & I couldn't play with US pals on my friendlist. :(
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried the demo on the Wii U. Controls are a bit tough to get used to, but the graphics are pretty nice, and I do like a challenge. I'm gonna pre-order it soon. Seems like a good game to get for online multi-player. :)
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member

As its a game I always want on me I am gonna download 3DS version off eshop.

t gonna buy Wii U version till I have put in some serious hours on single player.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like they changed their minds about the cross-region co-op. Great news! :D
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep. Off-screen play too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great news!!! might order myself a copy from amazon now!!! :cool:
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    A statement from Nintendo reads:
    We can confirm that on March 22nd, the launch day of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, an application named MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE Packet Relay Tools for Nintendo 3DS will be made available as a free download on the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
    This application allows players of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS to play the game online by using a Wii U console connected to the Internet via the Wii LAN Adapter or Wii U LAN Adapter (to be sold separately). Using this set-up, one Nintendo 3DS system can connect to the Wii U console, and play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate online with other players.

Please note that while the Wii U console is providing this function for the Nintendo 3DS system, it is not possible to simultaneously use the Wii U console for playing Wii U software or to connect locally to another Nintendo 3DS system. A copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U is not required.

http://nintendoeverything.com/114573/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-3ds-online-multiplayer-workaround-confirmed-for-european-launch/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought everything about the demo was, frankly bloody awful. Sorry, guys. :(
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IGN have given it 8.8. Great score. I may not get it straight away because I'm planning on getting Lego City: Undercover and I'm a bit tight for money, but I'm still interested in getting it at some point. Hopefully I will enjoy it just as much as the reviewer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IGN have given it 8.8. Great score. I may not get it straight away because I'm planning on getting Lego City: Undercover and I'm a bit tight for money, but I'm still interested in getting it at some point. Hopefully I will enjoy it just as much as the reviewer.

This ... Lego City Undercover & Luigi's Mansion 2 ... what a month eh? :D /excited

(hopefully this is a taste of things 2 come) :cool:
  • Black HughBlack Hugh Posts: 1,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonesey wrote: »
    I thought everything about the demo was, frankly bloody awful. Sorry, guys. :(

I have to agree, I thought it was awful. Still hope it sells well though :)
  • lamblamlamblamblamlamb Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brother buying this as he consantly plays the wii one. I hear they are closing down the servers on the wii around the time this one comes out, is this true?