What Cloud Storage do you use (if any) for your Phone?

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just curious .. I've flitted between Dropbox and Skydrive for a while, and also have iCloud enabled on my iPhone, but I was just wondering what people used?

Not really fussed if you're Android or iOS, just what you prefer so don't argue .. heh :)

Comments

• chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    8GB on Dropbox and 5GB on Google Drive
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 100GB on dropbox, if you wanna join use http://db.tt/oTEQHZvG and grab yourself some extra free storage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have 100GB on dropbox, if you wanna join use http://db.tt/oTEQHZvG and grab yourself some extra free storage.

isn't posting those URL's against the terms of this forum?
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »

If it's not it should be.
  • AKWAKW Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious .. I've flitted between Dropbox and Skydrive for a while, and also have iCloud enabled on my iPhone, but I was just wondering what people used?

Not really fussed if you're Android or iOS, just what you prefer so don't argue .. heh :)

Skydrive, tried the others and find this one the best.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80GB cloud storage (Skydrive, Box and Google Drive) and cloud storage for music on Google Music.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got an invite for a Zoolz 100gb cloud account somewhere, but I suspect that's a bit of overkill :)

I've got Google Music as well, but I've currently gone back to dropbox since it seems to be the preferred system for many app developers to use for integration.

I'm also running iCloud alongside, mainly to keep backups of my contacts and pictures as well, even though it does appear they can be automatically uploaded to dropbox as well so it might not necessarily be worth running both.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Got SkyDrive on my Lumia 800 but not really used it...got it more to take a look than anything.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    52.something GB on Dropbox for work.
    ~50GB Dropbox for my personal account.
    25GB on SkyDrive.

The only one that gets used regularly is the work DropBox account but since none of that cost me anything, I can't complain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it worth running iCloud and Dropbox do you think?

I suppose i've only activated iCloud as it's part of iTunes as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If your that concerned why don't you check the terms yourself next time instead of posting a rant. ;)
  • danielmeahdanielmeah Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Bitcasa & Pogoplug
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If your that concerned why don't you check the terms yourself next time instead of posting a rant. ;)

you're the one posting the URL so it's you that should be checking the terms.

and it wasn't a rant.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got 105 GB on google drive
    I also use iCloud
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got 105 GB on google drive
    I also use iCloud

i take it you are paying for that much on google drive ?
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Use my 25GB free skydrive account with my windows phone to automatically backup my photos to the cloud and to share my onenote notebooks across devices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dropbox. Don't like any others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you're the one posting the URL so it's you that should be checking the terms.

and it wasn't a rant.

I know the rules, your the one who seems unsure. So it should be you checking the rules before posting comments regarding them! ;)

Anyway....

I used sky drive before dropbox, they seemed fine but i read a few stories about them deleting all your files if you upload one file that may breach their terms and as such i moved. Not that i upload files that breach their terms well as far as i am aware, i didn't want to lose all my stuff as a result.

I have an account with copy and mega but don't use them however i have 50gb with mega and 20GB with copy.
  • kirstiemcnabbkirstiemcnabb Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Dropbox
    I have a 50gb free personal and an unlimited business account which I pay for
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the free dropbox service for photos & videos my s3 takes. sd card just died too so it's proved most useful.

oh yes, the google music thing too which took over a day to upload all my albums onto. i don't know how much storage you get but it must be quite a lot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might ditch iCloud actually - been farting around with Dropbox this morning and it appears to upload photos from the phone just as easily and efficiently, so I suppose there's really no need to have both on the phone - I can always back up my contacts seperately I guess.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might ditch iCloud actually - been farting around with Dropbox this morning and it appears to upload photos from the phone just as easily and efficiently, so I suppose there's really no need to have both on the phone - I can always back up my contacts seperately I guess.

Can it do it automatically or you need to manually upload photos to Dropbox one at a time?
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    At the moment just using the basic 5gb iCloud storage for what's on my iphone.
    As I'm a BT broadband customer I might have a look at BT Cloud at some point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You can just remove camera roll from your iCloud backup if you want. I think I'll do that soon, because I have Photo Stream enabled, which automatically saves my pictures to my PC, and Dropbox, which uploads all my photos.

I'm sure you already know this, but you can find the option in:
    Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup > Manage Storage. Then choose your phone's backup and you'll see the options. It's likely that the camera roll is taking up most of your iCloud space anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    Can it do it automatically or you need to manually upload photos to Dropbox one at a time?

Semi-automatically on the iPhone. You have to open the app to start the upload, and then if you exit the app it'll only continue to upload photos for a short time before pausing it. At this point you get a notification to tell you that it's been paused, and you can go back into the app to resume it. (This will probably change with iOS 7, when proper multitasking is enabled for third party apps.)

Completely automated on Android, I think.