Should I upgrade my S3 to the Galaxy Mega 6.3

andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
Forum Member
Its not going to cost me anything as I can sell the S3 for the price of the Mega sort of.

finding the S3 too small, but worried the Mega could be too big.

really want a 2.3ghz snapdragon 800 phone but they're too expensive

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Its not going to cost me anything as I can sell the S3 for the price of the Mega sort of.

finding the S3 too small, but worried the Mega could be too big.

really want a 2.3ghz snapdragon 800 phone but they're too expensive

Nexus 5?
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Nexus 5?

too small only 0.2" bigger than s3

want 5.5" +
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you can buy the 5.8 inch version of the Galaxy Mega on Amazon . Euro unlocked .

But don't quote me on that
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you walked into a CPW or similar and had a fondle of the Mega 6.3? I did and it was very tempting for the price (if bought elsewhere). Watch a few video reviews to gauge performance (they're typically good).

Have you considered a Note 2? Since the Note 3's arrival they've dropped in price and that will definitely fit the bill more than the Mega 6.3 if you want a bit more grunt.

I'd expect the 5.25" LG G2 to get cheaper too since the Nexus 5 turned up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    i upgraded to the 6.3 from the s3, and while its a great phone in the house, it gets tiresome when your out and about (driving)
    i was like you gagging for a massive screen, but imo and ive got very big hands, the mega is just a bit to big, note 3 would be perfect i reckon

plus the camera is not as good as the s3, its to hard to get a decent shot

what kills it for me is, you don't realize how much time your phone is used with one hand, and the mega is imposable to message with one hand, 6 inch should have been the max screen size

edit in fact the note 2 would be a better choice than the mega
    Forum Member
    gouldy, thanks, how long have you had it?

as I know when you first get a phone, it takes a while to get used to the size, when I first got the S3 I thought it was too big initially
    Forum Member
    3 months
    Forum Member
    even in bed it gets heavy after a few mins to hold up, trust me if your out of your house most of the time, the note 2 will be better

edit i must say its still a great phone, it looks like im knocking it, im not, but you should know after a while it gets a chore carrying it around

and ive got a case on it which believe it or not makes it feel quite bigger

just looked on amazon, 27th august i got it, so not quite 3 months
    Forum Member
    thanks gouldy, note 2 it is once it comes down a little in price
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, I have just this week sold my Note II, and got myself a Mega 6.3 on Thursday. One word. Wow!

The screen, being LCD, is so much more natural looking, and better than the Note II, in my opinion. It's better in direct sunlight too, a thing that particularly annoyed me with the AMOLED screens on the Note II/S4's.

The battery power is way better than my Note II. The Note would last around 6/7 hours then I'd have to charge it, but the Mega lasts the whole day.

Yes it's big, but it still fits in my trouser/coat pocket fine and it is much lighter than the Note II. It looks very much like a bigger S4.

I won't be going back anytime soon.

I bought it from Amazon HERE. It's gone up £10 since I bought it, but it's worth the money.

Go for it :D
    Forum Member
    thanks artnada

very tempting, note 2 or mega, very tough choice