Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    that was a really sad ending
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    Is Sam Ryan dead in the series? If not they should have had Nikki reading a eulogy from her or Harry.

Sam Ryan wasn't killed off, but I doubt if they'd have bothered having her back for the funeral when they didn't even have Harry (who'd worked closely with Leo for years until shortly before his death).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just watched the last episode. I finally screwed up the courage to watch the last scenes. OMG how could they have written him out like that?! They actually have him arguing with a suicide bomber when the normal instinct would have been to run, get as far away as possible as fast as possible...? That scene was so stupid, I was almost shouting at the scriptwiters! At least if he had just been caught up in an explosion it would have made sense. But to have him put himself in harms way so pointlessly... Beggars belief...

Leo didn't put himself in harms way pointlessly. He was trying to save everyone else there and the water project.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I just watched the last episode. I finally screwed up the courage to watch the last scenes. OMG how could they have written him out like that?! They actually have him arguing with a suicide bomber when the normal instinct would have been to run, get as far away as possible as fast as possible...? That scene was so stupid, I was almost shouting at the scriptwiters! At least if he had just been caught up in an explosion it would have made sense. But to have him put himself in harms way so pointlessly...

Why did you have to screw up the courage to watch a TV drama on your screen?
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Sam Ryan wasn't killed off, but I doubt if they'd have bothered having her back for the funeral when they didn't even have Harry (who'd worked closely with Leo for years until shortly before his death).

That's why I said eulogy - Nikki could've read a speech of condolence out by Sam or Harry.
    I didn't expect them to get the actors back for one scene.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    That's why I said eulogy - Nikki could've read a speech of condolence out by Sam or Harry.
    I didn't expect them to get the actors back for one scene.

Ah. Sorry, misunderstood you.
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just caught up with the second episode, Did not no Leo was leaving:cry:

Had worked out the English speaking Taliban soldier was the missing soldier.

Thought Nikki was very quick to blame Nugent and his team for killing one of the prisoners, she jumped to conclusions pretty quickly without any evidence and went off on one. Then when Nugent was murdered never battered an eyelid or said I was wrong.

Hope when it comes back, they have someone new in charge.

Did notice you never seem to see the same police person in more than two episodes.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    Will there be a new character? According to Wikipedia, Clarissa is 'Dr. Clarissa Mullery', so perhaps we already have our complement of three medical professionals?

Will leave Nikki doing an awful lot of post-mortems, though.

Most Pathologists do far more PMs than the three of them put together ever do. Thier job is Pathology, not Police work, or selective detective work around the world.

This has surely become as far fetched as it possibly can, and maybe a new series should try to show a degree of reality.

Pathologists, Police, Forensic scientists etc tend to work well together, but in tv shows, there is always conflict, with whoever the the show is about, doing all the work, whilst all the others are dimwits.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC PR machine mentions that Nikki and Jack will be back next year but what about Clarissa? This season has been all about Clarissa for me - what doesn't that woman know lol
  • roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrisE wrote: »
    She's got a bit of a gob though.:)

Believe me, in a place like that the last people you p1ss off are those in charge of looking after you. Nikki has a lot to learn about when not to shout your mouth off !!!!!
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of shark-jumping in that final story! :mad:
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if, with all the forensic scientists joining the crew, it will end up a bit like that turkey from hell - The Body Farm - that wasn't recommissioned? It's not as if SW has ever sought to reflect what goes on in a path lab. I blame Quincy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most Pathologists do far more PMs than the three of them put together ever do. Thier job is Pathology, not Police work, or selective detective work around the world.

This has surely become as far fetched as it possibly can, and maybe a new series should try to show a degree of reality.

Pathologists, Police, Forensic scientists etc tend to work well together, but in tv shows, there is always conflict, with whoever the the show is about, doing all the work, whilst all the others are dimwits.

I don't imagine a drama series centring on pathologists would ever be very realistic - the reality would not make for much of a series. It's always been as unrealistic as this; you either accept it and go with it or you don't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    Why did you have to screw up the courage to watch a TV drama on your screen?

Because if you've watched it and loved it for the 17 years of its life then one of the favourite characters gets killed off like that it can hurt...

And in answer to a previous comment, anyone who thinks they can talk a suicide bomber from blowing themselves up by talking sense to them had better think again. When those people are around, you just run for it... Fanaticism cannot be reasoned with... esp. when its suicidal and murderous.
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of shark-jumping in that final story! :mad:

Yes, I think the shark was comprehensively jumped!

Nonsense, but entertaining nonsense.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Wonder if, with all the forensic scientists joining the crew, it will end up a bit like that turkey from hell - The Body Farm - that wasn't recommissioned? It's not as if SW has ever sought to reflect what goes on in a path lab. I blame Quincy!

Perhaps they should recruit Sam..he was amazing lol
  • ApplebeeApplebee Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that SW has moved into more Waking the Dead territory recently (grittier, gory storylines) trying to fill the void that was left by it.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Applebee wrote: »
    I think that SW has moved into more Waking the Dead territory recently (grittier, gory storylines) trying to fill the void that was left by it.

I love Waking the Dead...mainly because of Trevor Eve : )
    But yes certainly the lab areas are much darker & sinister looking like WTD
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree - this programme is so unrealistic. They should leave out all the love and romance as well ! Better to have something like Whitechapel, where the police work alongside the forensic team rather than have the pathologists seemingly doing all of it.

Firstly its a drama , dramatic licence , thats what the series is, seondly if it was like Whitechapel people would call for it to be axed claiming the BBC should not be replicating what someone else does ( even if the BBC did it first)
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An update on bottomgate (sorry!) from a 2012 story:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ariel/21587212
  • rtms77rtms77 Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    When is the season opening coming on?
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rtms77 wrote: »
    When is the season opening coming on?

Jan 2nd rtms, so not long now......
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emilia Fox looking as stunning as ever
  • davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder what is the point of HDTV when muppet broadcasters decide to soften the image like its been shot through greaseproof paper.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the football manager based on Fergie?